Be a Supporter!

Adventure Time Theory

  • 1,548 Views
  • 38 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
dangoval95
dangoval95
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Game Developer
Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:21 AM Reply

I watched it for my first time a couple days ago, with very low standards. It really blew me away. Not only was animation beautiful, but there is an underlying plot of the whole show.
For those of you who have seen the show, what do you think really happened.
Where do Jake and Finn live?
Were the Ice King and Marceline the last two humans?
What is the Lich's significance in the story.
Here is a really significant, (and touching) song also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOdPclXbTWs

HighWay
HighWay
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:24 AM Reply

the main character is in a coma.

like every other main character of any fantasy adventure cartoon.


The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
ih8dude
ih8dude
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:28 AM Reply

The creator (Pendleton Ward) does occasional blogs and interviews. According to him the land of Ooo is earth after a nuclear war. Because of the devastation all of the magic has returned to earth. Also, he said they'll only hint to it and never mention it directly in show.

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:30 AM Reply

It reminds me of the Regular Show Theory, which I think is true, considering there is an animation released about the characters before the actual show came out. It's called 2 in the AM PM. Basically, Mordecai and Rigby are humans, but there on drugs.


"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
superdan123
superdan123
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Jeffyx wrote: It reminds me of the Regular Show Theory, which I think is true, considering there is an animation released about the characters before the actual show came out. It's called 2 in the AM PM. Basically, Mordecai and Rigby are humans, but there on drugs.

where did you hear this.


BBS Signature
juturnal
juturnal
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:01 AM Reply

Regular show > Adventure Time
hate me.


Don't Click
Personal Website
________________

Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Jeffyx wrote: but there

*they're


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 05:46 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 03:01 AM, juturnal wrote: Regular show > Adventure Time
hate me.

Nope, you're right.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 05:57 AM Reply

here's my theory: it's all actually a cartoon for kids

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
juturnal
juturnal
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 05:59 AM Reply

Yeahyuuh

Adventure Time Theory


Don't Click
Personal Website
________________

Skaren
Skaren
  • Member since: May. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 06:12 AM Reply

Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 06:42 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 02:24 AM, HighWay wrote: the main character is in a coma.

like every other main character of any fantasy adventure cartoon.

Or just locked away in an asylum imagining all this.

Ugh, those are the fucking worst cartoon "theories" I've ever heard.


BBS Signature
Elephly
Elephly
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

You hipster you...


| New song | Steam |

BBS Signature
GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:37 AM Reply

my drama class filled with 16/17 year olds said oooooooooooooooooo today

lel


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:44 AM Reply

baman and pidaman > adventure time


lel

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

Yeah. My area was slow to that, so I was really able to enjoy the show for longer.


BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 08:26 AM Reply

The show is set in a post-Nuclear War setting.

That isn't a fan theory, that's actual been confirmed by the show's creators at multiple points.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Animator
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 08:29 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 05:57 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: here's my theory: it's all actually a cartoon for kids

--supergandhi64

Best post I've read from you.


"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Chazz
Chazz
  • Member since: Jul. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 10:56 AM Reply

Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?

Adventure Time is great, just because it's taken a bit of mainstream fame doesn't mean you still can't enjoy it, if you're not interested in having it spoiled for you by the scene kiddies with their fan art and couple talk, then just stay away from that creed like most sane people do.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 11:25 AM Reply

They live in a post apocalyptic earth. This has been confirmed by the creator.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

I agree..

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 10:56 AM, Chazz wrote: Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?

Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Hot Topic kids have no concept of the finer points of animation or what makes a show like Regular Show as good as it is. Their interpretation of it is "Oh my god, it's so twisted and weird, they said piss", and that's it. It becomes reduced to watered down schlock. It is not admired for it writing or palette choices or animation style, it's admired because it's "cool". People are taking the bare bones appeal of it, and running with it.

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 01:05 PM Reply

adventure "dude,bro,awesome ,....tical,princess,sweet,cool" pretty much the entire dialog adventure time is a comedy it fails,it tries to be post apocalyptic science fiction it licks balls for that it fails on all cylinder


if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Chazz
Chazz
  • Member since: Jul. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Hot Topic kids have no concept of the finer points of animation or what makes a show like Regular Show as good as it is. Their interpretation of it is "Oh my god, it's so twisted and weird, they said piss", and that's it. It becomes reduced to watered down schlock. It is not admired for it writing or palette choices or animation style, it's admired because it's "cool". People are taking the bare bones appeal of it, and running with it.

So? Ignore em, just because the masses are fucking idiots doesn't mean that the core group of us who can look at something and respect it for what it is can't enjoy it, the creators know that what got them popular was what they were doing from the beginning, as long as they keep doing that and don't get lead astray by morons, it's fine and we can continue to enjoy it.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are both very strange and out there shows, not everyone has the attention span or brain cells to actually get into it and critique it and we don't need to associate with them.

Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/10/13 10:56 AM, Chazz wrote: Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?
Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

What does at matter as long as you think you're enjoying it for the right reasons? Do you think you know what and why people should be enjoying things? It sounds like you do.

Try and respond to that without just saying your first post in a more angry way, like you always do.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Let's pass a regulation setting limit of fans on certain product. And if there are more than the regulation forsees - let's start shooting them. How about that art lord?

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:59 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 03:00 AM, superdan123 wrote:
At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Jeffyx wrote: It reminds me of the Regular Show Theory, which I think is true, considering there is an animation released about the characters before the actual show came out. It's called 2 in the AM PM. Basically, Mordecai and Rigby are humans, but there on drugs.
where did you hear this.

Watch the video that I linked.


"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 01:08 PM, Otto wrote: What does at matter as long as you think you're enjoying it for the right reasons? Do you think you know what and why people should be enjoying things? It sounds like you do.

Try and respond to that without just saying your first post in a more angry way, like you always do.

Anger? Sorry, did my grown up words hurt your baby ears?

If you actually read my post, you'd see I said nothing about dictating who can/should like what, for what reasons. I just said it sucks when good art gets reduced to meme and hot topic culture.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 01:13 PM, Makakaov wrote: Let's pass a regulation setting limit of fans on certain product. And if there are more than the regulation forsees - let's start shooting them. How about that art lord?

How about, you shoot yourself, and we call it a day?

Again, I never said anything about limiting what people like, or regulating why they should like things.

saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

Honestly though, Adventure Time is really worth watching. Despite the Hot Topic scene being obnoxious about it, it is certainly worth it.

Story wise, it's really interesting. And I mean that.


BBS Signature