00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goodbye to THQ

3,114 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-13 15:35:49

At 1/12/13 06:28 AM, Convey wrote:
At 1/12/13 01:02 AM, unconsidered wrote:
They already did that in December, and had a restructuring of the company. Which then they tried to use the money to buy WWE, but Vince fought back and won. So now THQ owes for a 45 billion dollar settlement,
is it just me or does 45 billion dollars seem like a bit much?

And 45 million seems a bit less, and I don't think that would make them loss their assects.

But alas, THQ was one of my favorite companies. Bringing out classics like Company of Heroes, Metro 2033, Saints Row 2, Warhammer franchise, Titan Quest, etc. But my absolute favorite game was S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl, most atmospheric game I have ever played.

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-16 23:39:15

At 1/10/13 01:21 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: My favorite THQ game is probably Metro 2033.

Whoever ends up buying THQ's assets, I just hope they give Last Light the respect it deserves.

Same... for obvious reasons...

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-17 08:57:02

At 1/16/13 11:39 PM, ShuraMorozva wrote:
At 1/10/13 01:21 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: My favorite THQ game is probably Metro 2033.

Whoever ends up buying THQ's assets, I just hope they give Last Light the respect it deserves.
Same... for obvious reasons...

Damn... THQ shot to shit... Save Metro2033!

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-23 11:50:06

At 1/10/13 12:36 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Saints Row 2 is my favourite THQ published game, as well as Destroy All Humans! 2 (though I wasn't aware it was published by them). Shame to see them go.

If anything Rockstar North might as well buy out Saints Row so they can create Saints Row 4, maybe even a crossover between Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row all together, not sure who buy out the Destory All Humans series.

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 03:52:24

At 1/25/13 02:57 AM, Bees wrote: saints row 2 was awful. i love the series and played the shit out of each one. then i got the third and noticed it was way better and much improved. the story is shit compared to 2 but thats where it stops. its more fun, the activities are better and the controls dont feel like i need to hold the controller with my hands and one foot to drive snd shoot. if the story were longer and less ridiculous it'd be a better game but still leagues ahead of sr2

Ehh. I'll take Maero, Septic Avenger, and sex caves hidden under cemeteries over Killbane, Genki, and some out of place blow-up dolls any day of the week, personally. The Third just didn't cut it for me in the long run. Aside from the actual gameplay and clothing having some physics to it (ex. long-coats blowing in the wind), The Third was just trying too hard to be over-the-top and wacky, and was overall disappointing for me. Not being able to peg friends with basketballs in competitive multiplayer anymore was also a bummer, if only a slight one at that.

In other news, Metro and Saints Row, along with Volition (the developer of both the latter and Red Faction), are in the hands of Deep Silver, aka the dudes behind Dead Island, so take that as you will.

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 04:46:01

I'm sad that no one got Darksiders.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 05:08:32

Noooo, not the company that produced classics like 50 Cent: Blood On the Sand!

Seriously, though, this news really sucks. A lot of people are losing their jobs.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 16:56:33

Welp, auction is over, here who has what:

Relic Entertainment -Makers of Company of Heroes

Winning bidder: Sega, $26.6 million.
Backup: Zenimax Media, $26.3 million.
THQ Montreal - Makers of 1666, Underdog, and South Park: Stick of Truth.

Winning bidder: Ubisoft, $2.5 million. No runner-up.
Evolve - (title in development at Turtle Rock Studios)

Winning bidder: Take-Two Interactive, $10.894 million.
Backup: Turtle Rock Studios, $250,000.
Volition, Inc. - Maker of Saints Row

Winning bidder: Koch Media, $22,312,925.
Backup: Ubisoft, $5.4 million.
Homefront License - Released 2011; due for a sequel.

Winning bidder: Crytek. $544,218.
Metro Series; due for the sequel Metro: Last Light.

Winning Bidder: Koch Media, $5,877,551
Backup: Ubisoft: $5.175 million.
South Park License; South Park: The Stick of Truth is due for release March 5.

Winning bidder: Ubisoft, $3,265,306

Still no news on Vigil, Darksiders, or the WWE license. If only Nintendo would buy Vigil and get them working on a Zelda game with Retro Studios... Anyway, I'm going to go cry in a corner since I'm the only one in the world who appreciates the Darksiders franchise. Here is THQ CEO Brian Farrell's letter to the employees left over in the sale.

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 19:26:12

At 1/25/13 03:52 AM, Klobb17 wrote: In other news, Metro and Saints Row, along with Volition (the developer of both the latter and Red Faction), are in the hands of Deep Silver, aka the dudes behind Dead Island, so take that as you will.

I can't say I know for sure how that will go, but I feel like it could definitely be worse.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Goodbye to THQ 2013-01-25 22:22:09

At 1/25/13 03:52 AM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 1/25/13 02:57 AM, Bees wrote:
In other news, Metro and Saints Row, along with Volition (the developer of both the latter and Red Faction), are in the hands of Deep Silver, aka the dudes behind Dead Island, so take that as you will.

Hopefully, the next Red Faction or Saints Row game won't be a buggy mess like Dead Island was. I know that Volition does a good job as a game developer, but I have my doubts about Deep Silver with their spotty record of games under their belt, so in my book, this is a wait and see move.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature