New Topic Respond to this Topic
Newbie97
Newbie97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 10:59 AM Reply

any random stories that you guys think of that i can turn into a quick little point and click, i think i oughta be down for. anything g-rated, though.

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 11:07 AM Reply

Well, I love point and clicks (and can program them) and I can recommend a story in which you are a distressed medic/doctor and you must save a dying person. The path to get the only cure is obstructed with biocracy, laws and other political bullcrap you need to get through. Yeah I know it sounds a bit rough but I love comedic P&C-s.

a0puncfan
a0puncfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 12:50 PM Reply

Lets see.. How about a whacky alligator trying to find a way to restore his swamp after it is invaded by thirsty aliens that threaten to drink up his home, so the alligator must meet the aliens demands by bringing them all sorts of random but important items that are guarded in various ways (ie one is actually guarded by like a hungry guard, one is on a high mountain so you have to repair a chairlift, one is broken and you must go on a small scavenger hunt where you find a rabbit with a piece in its mouth, and must lure it away with a carrot you find in someones frozen lunch but the rabbit wants an unfrozen carrot so you must find a way to thaw it... etc.) to save his swampy home. How's that?

Gamer, voice actor, nice guy. Demo Reel

Newbie97
Newbie97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 1/9/13 12:50 PM, a0puncfan wrote: Lets see.. How about a whacky alligator... How's that?

no offense to the other guy, but this one is more descriptive so i'll go for this idea first.

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 1/9/13 01:01 PM, Newbie97 wrote:
At 1/9/13 12:50 PM, a0puncfan wrote: Lets see.. How about a whacky alligator... How's that?
no offense to the other guy, but this one is more descriptive so i'll go for this idea first.

It's fine. Do you need any help programming?

Newbie97
Newbie97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 1/9/13 01:12 PM, DancingEngie wrote:
At 1/9/13 01:01 PM, Newbie97 wrote:
It's fine. Do you need any help programming?

actually, i chose this because it's one of the few things i CAN pull off without any trouble. but if this post gets popular and this grows to a series... id be happy to get help.

itsthacon
itsthacon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 07:51 PM Reply

The Alligator idea looks pretty straight forward. As a P&C with a nice little story though I think it could use an unforeseen twist with a build up of tension.
How about: as you go through getting the aliens what they demand you notice you're coming across more and more human inhabited areas, they are getting more aggressive toward you and coming closer to your home. Turns out these humans are threatening the alien's secret too. So once you help the aliens out, they help you out by getting into Alligator costumes and together you drive out the 'Polluting'/'Deforesting' humans?
You could reuse the same levels and areas, but with more units to control you'll have the ability to reach and eat the humans when before you couldn't.

VaguelyWonderful
VaguelyWonderful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 08:10 PM Reply

the best storyline of all time:
a man is walking down the street, when all of a sudden. . .
he realises that he is giraffe!

Looking For a Game Storyline

BBS Signature
metroidfannumber1
metroidfannumber1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 1/9/13 10:59 AM, Newbie97 wrote: any random stories that you guys think of that i can turn into a quick little point and click, i think i oughta be down for. anything g-rated, though.

how about a "game a day" where people make games on a subject for that day.

TOAST

DancingEngie
DancingEngie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:48 AM Reply

At 1/9/13 08:20 PM, metroidfannumber1 wrote:
At 1/9/13 10:59 AM, Newbie97 wrote: any random stories that you guys think of that i can turn into a quick little point and click, i think i oughta be down for. anything g-rated, though.

So what you'll get is 4-6 crappy, badly-programmed games unless you get a good quality inspection. In 24 hours.

Newbie97
Newbie97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Looking For a Game Storyline Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 09:46 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 07:48 AM, DancingEngie wrote:
At 1/9/13 08:20 PM, metroidfannumber1 wrote:
So what you'll get is 4-6 crappy, badly-programmed games unless you get a good quality inspection. In 24 hours.

i had that idea but put it out of my mind because im lazy enough already, although one dude offered to help program. i'd oblige if more ideas pop up and he's willing to still help. i put this thread up for fun, and i'm gonna openly say now that i have very badly drawn an almost finished, but also very short PnC. so don't expect anything, like, awesome.