Be a Supporter!
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Humanzees 2013-01-08 15:45:08 Reply

So apparently it's scientifically possible to create a human hybrid chimpanzee. What would that actually behave like? Would it be as smart as a homo sapien? Would it be able to do anything that we can do?

~Discuss.

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:18:32 Reply

At 1/8/13 03:45 PM, Ononymous wrote: ~Discuss.

You been listening to Joe Rogan's podcast lately or is this just a coincidence?

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:18:53 Reply

Somebody fuck a chimp and let's find out.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:26:54 Reply

At 1/8/13 03:45 PM, Ononymous wrote: What would that actually behave like?

I have no idea.

Humanzees

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:43:30 Reply

A human is not able to naturally breed with a chimpanzee (and being an AP Bio Student I understand this subject quite well) Although if you're implying its possible to engineer a half-human half-chimp creature you might actually get something along the lines of the missing link. We have similar DNA although, so do all creatures. Only 1% of our DNA actually creates a codon humans recognize as being able to code for the creation of an amino acid. The rest is sort of the "dark matter" of DNA.
"In the 1920s the Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov carried out a series of experiments to create a human/non human ape hybrid. At first working with his own sperm and chimpanzee females, none of his attempts created a pregnancy.[6] In 1929 he organized a set of experiments involving nonhuman ape sperm and human volunteers, but was delayed by the death of his last orangutan.[6] The next year he fell under political criticism from the Soviet government and was sentenced to exile in the Kazakh SSR; he worked there at the Kazakh Veterinary-Zootechnical Institute and died of a stroke two years later.
In 1977, researcher J. Michael Bedford[7] discovered that human sperm could penetrate the protective outer membranes of a gibbon egg. Bedford's paper also stated that human spermatozoa would not even attach to the zona surface of non-hominoid primates (baboon, rhesus monkey, and squirrel monkey), concluding that although the specificity of human spermatozoa is not confined to man alone, it probably is restricted to the Hominoidea.
In 2006, research suggested that after the last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees diverged into two distinct lineages, inter-lineage sex was still sufficiently common that it produced fertile hybrids for around 1.2 million years after the initial split.
However, despite speculation, no case of a human-chimpanzee cross has ever been confirmed to exist"

Cross breeding similar animals is not unheard of. With the suspension of disbelief I could probably write a lot on this.
My guess is that the Human gene's would appear dominant. If nothing unexpected went wrong and it did not have sever metal or physical defects. Depending if which animal is female or male, the hybrid could come out quite differently. (as seen with other Hybrid species)

freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:45:02 Reply

At 1/8/13 04:26 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
I have no idea.

This is the prototype.

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 16:50:00 Reply

At 1/8/13 04:26 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
I have no idea.

Ugh, what has science done? Put it back in the cage.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Humanzees 2013-01-08 17:01:59 Reply

At 1/8/13 03:45 PM, Ononymous wrote: So apparently it's scientifically possible to create a human hybrid chimpanzee.

With artificial insemination it's possible

What would that actually behave like? Would it be as smart as a homo sapien? Would it be able to do anything that we can do?

Obviously not

BBS Signature