Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-01-09 13:38:43 Reply

shut your whore mouths Bowie is awesome he is the Sovereign after all he can have you all killed.

Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-01-09 13:55:14 Reply

My mama love his music. I like a few of his songs.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-01-09 15:13:08 Reply

At 1/9/13 01:32 PM, Gagsy wrote: What. A guy wearing make up in the 80s was disgusting???

I understand not being a fan of his music (though not completely as I think he's awesome), but thats a silly reason above to dislike a musical artist.

Agreed all the way.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-01-10 16:08:47 Reply

I demand a reply Waed!

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-01-10 16:48:38 Reply

its not a bad song ists jikdian nice but yoyo i gott say not the best rom bowie but eha sIS scuiwlakwaysh doing NEW stuff adn 4 this,.. i respect bowie greatly. i amd won with ANYTHING he does yo. ifff d.bowie dduen did a songie with aslitl bieberboy id be like. cool. bowie is my fucking main skqweezze. nom SAYN FUH???

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-27 22:04:23 Reply

Another new single was released recently.

i felt it was a mildly necessary bump since the thread has to do with a new single by David Bowie.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-27 22:06:41 Reply

oh shit Thin White Duke at it again?

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 15:05:35 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:42 PM, stafffighter wrote: Let me explain this to the kiddies. Before youtube we had these people called "rock stars" and sometimes these "rock stars" would make legitimatley challenging efforts rather than playing off low production value as hip and ironic. It's called music people.

Okay, now let me explain something to you. Playing off low production value as hip and ironic was 1990's alternative rock behavior. Last time I checked, this was 2013.

Besides, bands didn't "play it off" as hip and ironic. Grunge bands, alternative rock, and punk rock in general has a long time established fan base that isn't just "pretending" to like low production quality. We actually just like the way it sounds. Something about polished and over-produced music just does not appeal to us.

stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 15:18:16 Reply

At 2/28/13 03:05 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 1/8/13 07:42 PM, stafffighter wrote: Let me explain this to the kiddies. Before youtube we had these people called "rock stars" and sometimes these "rock stars" would make legitimatley challenging efforts rather than playing off low production value as hip and ironic. It's called music people.
Okay, now let me explain something to you. Playing off low production value as hip and ironic was 1990's alternative rock behavior. Last time I checked, this was 2013.

Because alternative and indie are completly different things. As are techno and dubstep as well as one direction and nsyc. Last I checked, this was 1998

Besides, bands didn't "play it off" as hip and ironic. Grunge bands, alternative rock, and punk rock in general has a long time established fan base that isn't just "pretending" to like low production quality. We actually just like the way it sounds. Something about polished and over-produced music just does not appeal to us.

Right, because only some groups have posers who'll jump on anything away from mainstream instead of developing an identity.

I'm gonna go tell someone to get off my lawn now.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
illicit
illicit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 15:23:22 Reply

At 1/8/13 02:24 PM, Dromedary wrote: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

This video is scary.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 15:51:38 Reply

At 2/28/13 03:18 PM, stafffighter wrote:
Because alternative and indie are completly different things. As are techno and dubstep as well as one direction and nsyc. Last I checked, this was 1998

WTF are you talking about? Who in 2013 on mainstream radio tries to play off poorly produced songs as "hip" and "ironic"? Seriously, you must think it really is 1998.

Right, because only some groups have posers who'll jump on anything away from mainstream instead of developing an identity.

Still, you make no sense here either. Either come at me with actual sentences or don't bother. This is such a waste of time.

Oh okay. Now it makes sense. You're a redneck.

PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:01:18 Reply

Everyone should get a taste of legend rock once in a while bro.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:03:37 Reply

At 2/28/13 03:51 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
WTF are you talking about? Who in 2013 on mainstream radio tries to play off poorly produced songs as "hip" and "ironic"? Seriously, you must think it really is 1998.

Every indie act ever. You yourself complained about over produced and polished music. The other side of that coin can just as easily be done on purpose. To appeal to people like you. To sell the music. There's a word called sheeple that you think only applies to others.

Still, you make no sense here either. Either come at me with actual sentences or don't bother. This is such a waste of time.

I agree. Infact it could be said that I've become so numb that I can't feel you here. I am at the same time tired AND self aware.
Unlike you.

I was going for more of an old man joke because angry youngsters like you seem to be under the impression that there is anything at all new in the world and that art doesn't exist in cycles of trends and reactions that turn into trends themselves and finally into nostalgia for the trends of old. You are not revolutionary. You are not smarter than your parents. You are not new.
Now I'm going to congradulate myself with some nickelback. Because I just like it. That's the only defence any music should need.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Writer
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:27:08 Reply

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

:/

PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:32:39 Reply

haha pretty sure these kids dont remember or know who he is. damn haha. wiki him this guy is a legend.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:32:41 Reply

it sure does feel good to be able to say "have you heard the new bowie song?"

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:39:48 Reply

At 2/28/13 04:32 PM, Dromedary wrote: it sure does feel good to be able to say "have you heard the new bowie song?"

Almost as good as being able to say "have you heard the new Hendrix song?"

they're bringing out a new Hendrix album relatively soon

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
PotHeadParadise
PotHeadParadise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 16:42:08 Reply

At 2/28/13 04:32 PM, Dromedary wrote: it sure does feel good to be able to say "have you heard the new bowie song?"

feels gold. recently asked my friend about it. he said WHO? I laughed my ass off.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 17:35:12 Reply

At 2/28/13 04:39 PM, Viper50 wrote:
Almost as good as being able to say "have you heard the new Hendrix song?"
they're bringing out a new Hendrix album relatively soon

i hear that. and this won't be as much of a big deal to you, but to be able to say "have you heard the new gil scott-heron song?"

dude is my hero, killed me when he died, but there's an album of unreleased material coming out!!

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to David Bowie new single 2013-02-28 21:07:57 Reply

At 2/28/13 04:03 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 2/28/13 03:51 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
Every indie act ever. You yourself complained about over produced and polished music. The other side of that coin can just as easily be done on purpose. To appeal to people like you. To sell the music. There's a word called sheeple that you think only applies to others.

What are you just now discovering the word sheeple and think you're intelligent for using it in a sentence? Or are you trying to be ironic and hip with your comeback? I really do think that you think you say intelligent things, but these things you say are autistic. You must believe me. Pure driven nonsense ramblings of a mumbling old Jew. I feel like your about to pop in Scream on VHS because it was hip and clever.

I agree. Infact it could be said that I've become so numb that I can't feel you here. I am at the same time tired AND self aware.
Unlike you.

See, this is what I'm talking about. You set up the sentences with meaning and purpose, but they lack direction, and are ultimately retarded in print.

I was going for more of an old man joke because angry youngsters like you

I'm 26, but this is getting good. Go on.

seem to be under the impression

Oh, I'm under an impression? You know me? lol Okay, go on...

that there is anything at all new in the world and that art doesn't exist in cycles of trends and reactions that turn into trends themselves and finally into nostalgia for the trends of old.

I actually understand plenty about the inner workings of the business. Sorry if you don't. lol My parents knew lots of famous musicians in New York and some that live on the east coast near us. I personally am a musician, and I have family who works for MTV. My mother's cousin was a producer on the show Jackass and many other MTV shows, besides all the music videos she used to have her hands in. I personally have recorded with people who have had minor hits on the radio. In fact, one song I have uploaded on my audio portal. So stop being a smart ass. I know my shit.

You are not revolutionary.

You actually have these thoughts in your head?

You are not smarter than your parents.

You just keep saying one stupid thing after another. Ridiculous.

You are not new.

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up. I was afraid I was new, so thank you for easing my mind.. I'm not new dude. Trippy.

Now I'm going to congradulate myself with some nickelback.

Fuck you.

Because I just like it.

Yep. Redneck.

That's the only defence any music should need.

Well. You ended on a sentence just as dumb as anything you have said so far. I guess I'm not really surprised.