Be a Supporter!

Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream '

  • 241 Views
  • 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

I had a dream my life would be... so different from this hell I'm living.

So different now from what it seeeeems!

Oh.

Life... has killed... a dreaaaam... I dreaaaaaaaaameeed.

sniff

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 01:58 AM Reply

Right-o


BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 01:58 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Right-o

My apologies.

I like music.

I like Catwoman.

I heard Catwoman singing.

And I found out it was Anne Hathaway singing 'I Dreamed A Dream' in the new Les Miserables.


I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

ImlunchBoxx
ImlunchBoxx
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 02:05 AM Reply

she kilt it


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 02:22 AM Reply

She's no Susan Boyle.

I mean, I'm sure in the movie it looks amazing and the score was moving but..


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 02:29 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 02:22 AM, Gagsy wrote: She's no Susan Boyle.

I mean, I'm sure in the movie it looks amazing and the score was moving but..

If she wasn't ugly no one who have noticed.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 02:29 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
If she wasn't ugly no one who have noticed.

Its bullshit really when you generally need to have looks to make it as a singer in this world, to sell the image.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 02:55 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/8/13 02:29 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
If she wasn't ugly no one who have noticed.
Its bullshit really when you generally need to have looks to make it as a singer in this world, to sell the image.

It's bullshit when people put so much emphasis on looks when if it was an average looking person and everyone wasn't so surprised when she opened her mouth nobody would have care. Oh look, an ugly person. But it's fine because she can sing. What a fucking inspiration. The reason I dislike popular music so much is because it's all sensationalised image. There's probably a thousand and one people who can sing as well as Susan Boyle but they're all attractive so they don't deserve the spotlight. You, my dear Gagsy have been roped in to marketing toss.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 03:01 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
It's bullshit when people put so much emphasis on looks when if it was an average looking person and everyone wasn't so surprised when she opened her mouth nobody would have care. Oh look, an ugly person. But it's fine because she can sing. What a fucking inspiration. The reason I dislike popular music so much is because it's all sensationalised image. There's probably a thousand and one people who can sing as well as Susan Boyle but they're all attractive so they don't deserve the spotlight. You, my dear Gagsy have been roped in to marketing toss.

I'm sorry if you don't get the whole "Don't judge a book by its cover" thing. I was one of the people who watched it when it aired on tv. No one knew she'd come out and sing like that. From her look, her actions, her whole aura, she well, seemed like a bit of a nutto. At the time it was really special. You shouldn't be so cynical about something which has helped people change for the better, how they treat others.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 03:36 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 03:18 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/8/13 03:01 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
It's bullshit when people put so much emphasis on looks when if it was an average looking person and everyone wasn't so surprised when she opened her mouth nobody would have care. Oh look, an ugly person. But it's fine because she can sing. What a fucking inspiration. The reason I dislike popular music so much is because it's all sensationalised image. There's probably a thousand and one people who can sing as well as Susan Boyle but they're all attractive so they don't deserve the spotlight. You, my dear Gagsy have been roped in to marketing toss.
I'm sorry if you don't get the whole "Don't judge a book by its cover" thing. I was one of the people who watched it when it aired on tv. No one knew she'd come out and sing like that. From her look, her actions, her whole aura, she well, seemed like a bit of a nutto. At the time it was really special. You shouldn't be so cynical about something which has helped people change for the better, how they treat others.

It's helped people who thought that a person who judge a persons talent by their looks. It may have been special at the time but when news hit over here it was a bunch of people saying that there are exceptions to a rule that doesn't exist. You never judge someone by their looks even if they can't sing. If her singing was awful but she enjoyed herself it wouldn't have gotten the same response because it's not about her happiness, it's a story of hope for the people who do what to sing like that. Nobody even really cared about her. They just like the idea for her and the idea of defending that idea to look like they did care. Susin boilies success was generated by a big circle jerk of people who think there are some ugly people out there who we should expect because they may do something that appeals to them.

Susun Boilies career just like any other weak one hit wonder. I'm glad for her because she lived her dream but there are so many stories like that in the World to act as if one trumps them all is ridiculous.


BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Hathaway's 'i Dreamed A Dream ' Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 02:05 AM, ImlunchBoxx wrote: she kilt it

I listened to the opening line and the vibrato made me close it instantly.


BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature