ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Painters! Doodlers!
Vector nerds, and photoshoppers!

I'm looking for some graphical representation for my group, Hivemind Complex, and I'm wondering who out there would be interested in creating a piece (or pieces) of art that will carry onward into the music world.

The group is called HIVEMIND COMPLEX, and its comprised of two people (Projekt D, and E+ Stoodent). We are still plenty underground and have just recently been picked up for shows in our local scene. We want something visual that people will see and be like 'Wow! That looks awesome! I should check these guys out!". Hopefully, by the time we get bigger, we will have an assortment of promotional art and fan art, but its good to start somewhere, and because I've absolutely LOVED the Newgrounds music/art portals, I figured I would inquire here, and give you sexy people the chance first! ^_^

www.facebook.com/HivemindComplex

www.soundcloud.com/HivemindComplex

Here's what I'm looking for:

- A skilled artist who is creatively inspired by music (preferably likes dubstep/trance, etc).

- No form in particular (preferably 'album art', but at the base of things, I'm looking for something artisitic and graphical to help get peoples attention and perhaps relate it to the music, even if it ends up being just promo art on Facebook/Twitter.)

- Something that has the Hivemind Complex logo clearly embedded on it (preferably the exact logo, which I have already created and will provide for integration, ... however, an arrangement or adaptation upon the logo would also be awesome. Please note, I am NOT looking for a NEW logo, and will not be accepting any new logos!)

- Since its electronic music, the subject should be pretty post-modern/high tech (cyberpunk, robots/machines, futuristic, extra-terrestrials, cosmos/galaxies), something that represents a revolutionary message (all-seeing-eye pyramid keystone toppled or something), OR something that is just inspired from the music.

Here's what I'm providing:

- Attribution! Getting to let all of the awed fans know who made the awesomeness! Yessir!

- If product is good... compensation possible! ... Like any musician/artist, we all work on a budget, ... but even artists know that quality matters, and if money invested gets a good product, then its money well spent! ... If you want to create, and then inquire about usability and compensation, thats fine. If you want to do vice versa, we're totally down for that too!

- Possible continued business. ... When all is said and done, ... You like us... We like you (and your art) ... Cool beans, yo!

If you're interested, throw me a message or reply accordingly.
Throw me some of your previous art, and if I like your stuff, I'll hit you back!
Hoping to get the ball rolling fairly soon. =)

Newest Hit: A Dark Future Uncertain... ... Newest Voiceover: Meet Jimmy Bob!

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 05:26 PM Reply

I'm not planning on participating, but since it'll be asked immediately anyway I'll get it out of the way: What are your plans of compensation for the artist?

Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature
ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 01:38 AM Reply

Yeah,...
I was mentally ballpark-ing $50 ... $75 ... more?

That's my budget.

It's more than what a majority of NG artists and DeviantArt-ists get for drawing anything, and that's usually zero.

If I can be stern about it in advance, and circumvent the likely oncoming arguments, I understand professionals may demand a hundred,... couple hundred,... half a grand,.... or something ridiculous like royalties. ...

We are not breadmakers. We are just barely making a dent on our own local scene. We are not looking for a professional. If we were, then that's what we would have. We are not a conglomerate of slimy businessmen looking to pay dirt for gold. We are on a budget, and a budget is what we are on.

Comeatmebro.jpg

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 04:56 AM Reply

So what you're wanting is something you can use as a poster, or what?

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 07:28 AM Reply

I like electronic music, I like to paint/draw pretty things... I'm unsure about price, I'll see what others are thinking on that point.

What resolution do you want this to be?

I'm interested in this and so far I'm liking your music.

ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Need art for my Dubstep group! Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 1/8/13 04:56 AM, Aigis wrote: So what you're wanting is something you can use as a poster, or what?

Poster, flyer, online promo,...
One or a couple of these uses.

As I mentioned before, in the long run, we're looking to have a number of pieces of art (all different art) to visually attract people into checking out our music.

Since we're not quite to the point of compiling a full album, album art will be a later thing. ... Am just looking to get the ball rolling with one piece to start... , and I know that a lot of the NG artists have the type of creative inspiration we're kinda looking for. I've seen a lot of awesome stuff on the portal.

BBS Signature