New Topic Respond to this Topic
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 06:36 AM Reply

Hello NG audio community! I'm StarF68, or as I go by when I'm rapping simply StarF. And I have a proposition for you.

When I started making rap songs way back when I did it via stealing beats from the audio portal. Ever since I got addicted and got really big into the nerdcore hip hop community, as well as the local hip hop community. As such I've been lucky enough to meet up with some producers to work with, and so on and so forth. But now I want to bring it back to Newgrounds for a few reasons.

1) For this particular application all other producers I'd normally work with are busy.
2) There is an amazing amount of talent here, and I'd love to actually work with you guys instead of just jacking instrumentals.

Here's the deal: In the nerdcore community right now there is a contest called the VPC (The Vocalist Producer Challenge) happening. The prize of such contest is none other than $500. And all we have to do is make some kickass music to win. The competition is pretty steep... but I know there's some amazing producers here.

Here's the thread detailing the contest rules and whatnot.

All we have to do to enter is make a song for the first round, which just popped up a couple days ago.

Here is the first challenge.

If anyone would like to work with me for this contest please shoot me a message. I'd love to have some fun making some tunes, and if at all possible get some cash as well. :)

Game on!

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 07:29 AM Reply

Hey man, nice to see you in these parts, but most of the "Hip Hop" people hang out in the Hip Hop Club. You should probably give them a shout out there as well ^_^

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 08:18 AM Reply

I checked out one of your tracks. Your voice sounds good and so does the recording quality.

I'd like to work with you in this contest. I have read the rules of the contest as well as the first challenge guidelines.

Below is my Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/kruizy

If you would like to work with me, please send me a private message with your Skype account, so we can discuss there.

Thank you.

Juicebomb
Juicebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 09:22 AM Reply

I'd like to throw myself in as a substitute, if things don't work out with iMortal.

My Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/juicebomb-1

Some of my work:

• Close To Snow
    Close To Snow by Juicebomb

Twinkling pianos, rumbling bass stabs and such.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity
  • ~~[Revitalize]~~
    ~~[Revitalize]~~ by Juicebomb

A midtempo electronic song that features my amateuristic wubs, although it's not dubstep

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dance
    Popularity

Of course, if you do choose to work with iMortal, then best of luck to the both of ya! But if not, you know where to find me.

ExtraordinaryTerrest
ExtraordinaryTerrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 12:09 PM Reply

I knew you were here starf.

BUT NOW I KNOW YOU'RE HERE

Good luck in the VPC budd.

I apologize in advance.

Basilisk
Basilisk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 12:20 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/517960Riot Control (Dubstep)I'm interested, but I'll do it for a fair price: Under 100$

I'm a Dubstep Producer but Former Hip-Hop/Rap and I'm still pretty fluent with the make of that genre.

Hit up my SoundCloud for More Music: Link under Profile Web Links

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/517960 (Dubstep Example)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/467762 (Hip-Hop/Dance)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/464107 (Hip-Hop/Rap)

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Wow this looks awesome!...instead of opening another topic ill just make my own advertisement here :)
Im really interested in trying rap vocals and those 500$ of course so producers around here that are interested PM me, ill obviously have a look at your work before saying yes.
I made this this morning in an hour or two specially for this occasion xD
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/518103 (here are my rap vocals)

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:29 PM Reply

sent you a PM

^__^

lel

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:37 PM Reply

Thanks for all the interest guys! Since I can only work with one person in the competition it looks like I'll have to be making a choice. @_@

I'll look through everything everyone posted and get back to you all soon! :)

P.S. This competition will last over the course of what I believe will be a few months. So you have to be in it for the long haul.

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:45 PM Reply

When you decide who to work with can you say something on this post, im willing to do rap vocals too and you cant work with all these guys xD And im seeing some yummi remains if they are willing to work with me xD

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:45 PM, DivoFST wrote: When you decide who to work with can you say something on this post, im willing to do rap vocals too and you cant work with all these guys xD And im seeing some yummi remains if they are willing to work with me xD

Hell yeah man, let's flood the competition! It's all about getting great music created as far as I'm concerned. :)

P.S. just for everyone to note: The competition is pretty steep... heh.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 06:33 PM Reply

You could also give BigRed a shout, he may have some good contacts through his ClabTrap competition.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:37 PM, StarF68 wrote: P.S. This competition will last over the course of what I believe will be a few months. So you have to be in it for the long haul.

Sounds good to me!

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Any producers up for making 500$? Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 04:45 AM Reply

At 1/7/13 07:28 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 1/7/13 04:37 PM, StarF68 wrote: P.S. This competition will last over the course of what I believe will be a few months. So you have to be in it for the long haul.
Sounds good to me!

Gahhh.

Well okay here it is: I have officially teamed up with S-Rock for the competition. I listened to stuff from all of you guys and I realized quickly that it was going to be hard to choose one person. iMortal I really love your style and that you actually read everything and were so on board but I've worked with S-Rock's beats in the past so that was hard to pass up.

I'd still love to work with you on some music though, if you'd like? Perhaps we can make some tunes and crush in future competitions... :)

BBS Signature