Be a Supporter!
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-06 21:20:25 Reply

I am getting really pissed about this issue. Every time I go to submit something, whether it be art, music or flash, the preview/submit button is greyed out. It's driving me nuts. This needs to get fixed, as submitting creations is 90% of the reason I come here.
:Grrrrrr

Can't Upload Anything...

liljim
liljim
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-07 04:50:36 Reply

If there were an issue with submitting, there would be far more people complaining about it than just you, which would suggest that the problem is at your end as there is plenty of fresh work coming into all three portals.

There was a problem exactly as you described that got fixed on 26th December (I notice you were having problems then), so at a total and utter guess (since you didn't provide any detail that would help us fix the problem should there actually be one, like your operating system/version and browser/version) your cache is borked. Try clearing it.

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-07 17:48:41 Reply

I'll try clearing my cache. I am on OS X 10.6.8 using the latest firefox (atleast I think.) Thanks dood.

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-07 17:50:42 Reply

At 1/7/13 05:48 PM, benjadaninja wrote: I'll try clearing my cache. I am on OS X 10.6.8 using the latest firefox (atleast I think.) Thanks dood.

Didn't work. Tried safari. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-07 21:41:27 Reply

At 1/7/13 05:50 PM, benjadaninja wrote:
At 1/7/13 05:48 PM, benjadaninja wrote: I'll try clearing my cache. I am on OS X 10.6.8 using the latest firefox (atleast I think.) Thanks dood.
Didn't work. Tried safari. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried turning your PC off and on again?

On a serious note, defragment your hard drive.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-08 00:21:04 Reply

At 1/7/13 09:41 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/7/13 05:50 PM, benjadaninja wrote:
At 1/7/13 05:48 PM, benjadaninja wrote: I'll try clearing my cache. I am on OS X 10.6.8 using the latest firefox (atleast I think.) Thanks dood.
Didn't work. Tried safari. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?
Have you tried turning your PC off and on again?

On a serious note, defragment your hard drive.

Doubt that's the problem as I've tried it on 3 different macs at my house. However, I have yet to try it on a PC.

DigitalGenius
DigitalGenius
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-12 23:41:04 Reply

I can't upload anything either, nor can I delete pieces. What I get though, is just a white page with "#!/usr/local/bin/php" in the top left corner. I've tried on different PCs, cleared my cache and all that jazz, and it's still happening after 2 days :I Any advice anyone?

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-19 02:58:03 Reply

I give up.

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Animator
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-19 18:40:15 Reply

Actually, I just found out that if I edit old unpublished audio, I can submit it like that... but that's no fun and I am running out of unpublished stuff ;(

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-20 14:09:49 Reply

At 1/19/13 06:40 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Actually, I just found out that if I edit old unpublished audio, I can submit it like that... but that's no fun and I am running out of unpublished stuff ;(

Try clearing your cache one more time. They've made some changes since you first tried. If that doesn't work, try chrome. Report back and let us know how it goes. Good luck.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Can't Upload Anything... 2013-01-21 12:08:24 Reply

Try using other browsers or operating systems. Since your family are 'apple slaves' surely they wouldn't mind if you changed the OS of one of the computers into windows 7.

...I hate Mac.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature