Be a Supporter!
retrobox2
retrobox2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
World Percussion 2013-01-06 20:17:07 Reply

I am trying to focus myself on doing songs with latin american elements but I am lacking of some ethnics drums. I've searched a lot and I found some sample packs but I am not sure if it is a good investment.

What I want to do is some orchestra music with elements from folklore, andina, bomba and other latin genres but those samples are really hard to find and I lack of the recording equipments and players to do it myself.

If someone knows a vst focused on latin drums perfect but some ethnic percussion plus some tweaks can do the work too. I would prefer some free but if you think I should invest in a really good one then I would like to know the best ones for the job.

Here are some videos of music with the kind of drums that I want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkFJE8ZdeG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55vISRyAYY

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to World Percussion 2013-01-07 10:41:32 Reply

Don't know if this has exactly what you're looking for, but this has some pretty good ethnic sounding soundfonts as well as the usual modern drum kits.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to World Percussion 2013-01-08 07:19:38 Reply

I'm taking a liking to the second video that you linked. I haven't got many good Latin-American percussions apart from soundfonts. If it helps any, though, I play the bodhran (you know, that Irish frame drum?), so anything folkloric, I may be able to handle.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to World Percussion 2013-01-08 07:24:48 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:19 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: I'm taking a liking to the second video that you linked. I haven't got many good Latin-American percussions apart from soundfonts. If it helps any, though, I play the bodhran (you know, that Irish frame drum?), so anything folkloric, I may be able to handle.

Forgot to mention why: I can record it live now, since I have a better mic.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
retrobox2
retrobox2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to World Percussion 2013-01-08 16:00:53 Reply

Oh I downloaded some of the soundfonts in that post but I didnt noticed that it had ethnic, Im going to check that out thanks
and yeah is a really good song although it doesn't actually belong to any genre it just has influence from latin folklore music. I havent heard from that instrument but I am going to check it out, if it fits we can do some collaboration
thanks!