00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favourite Worms

878 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 16:59:50

Pretty self explanatory, which period of Worms did you enjoy the most?

- Original small worms with the quick and small weapons and grenades on the 'realistic' drawn maps with ridiculously fast super sheep, Amiga days with option to make your own levels in D-Paint
- Worms Armageddon with the more cartoony graphics and controllable super sheep and more fluent and larger animation for the PC and Playstation days.
- Worms 3D with going into 3D maps and gameplay with the fluent yet slow paced action.
- Worms Revolution the new title with water weaponry and higher definition graphics using classes and returning to a 2D map layout.

Bonus mention for Hogs of War, classic Worms-esk game for the Playstation which was a mixture between 3D and having classes.

Personally I loved the Amiga days of Worms but always found it virtually impossible to play when it came to things like the super sheep, those super sheep in the original were ridiculous. I have to say my most enjoyed period of Worms is Armageddon which I adored on the Playstation, N64 and PC ports the most. World Party was also enjoyable but pretty much the same as Armageddon which I would personally classify as the greatest Worms game. Worms 3D was fun but I never really grew to the 3D layout compared to my much preferred 2D setting of the previous games. But Hogs of war was still very fun despite that.

Also all those seconds spent tossing around the little grenade icon on the main menu, ah those were the days.

Favourite Worms

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 17:37:33

At 1/6/13 04:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Bonus mention for Hogs of War, classic Worms-esk game for the Playstation which was a mixture between 3D and having classes.

I have the 2-game set with that and the original Worms. I don't think I need anything else.

Response to Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 17:42:30

Armageddon due to nostalgia factor. I remember player it on my PS1 with my older brother. Man, those were the days. Back when I played games for fun rather than just trying to drive off boredom.

Response to Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 18:02:53

I vaguely remember playing the first Worms game at a friend's house a long time ago, but Worms Armageddon is actually the one that I feel the most nostalgic about.

I used to play WA at my neighbours house along with my little brother. We always had loads of fun screwing around with team set-ups, picking voices (the German ones were hilarious to us), picking weapons etc. Good memories.

At 1/6/13 04:59 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Bonus mention for Hogs of War, classic Worms-esk game for the Playstation which was a mixture between 3D and having classes.

I remember my cousin having this game for his PS1. Pretty cool game, although I thought the action was a little bit on the slow side.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 18:29:44

I'd say my probable favourite is Worms 4: Mayhem. More so the HD remaster because of the 3D campaign, visuals, and online. It's just so damn cute and the worms are very interactive. Plus it's more liberating to move around in 3D.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Favourite Worms 2013-01-06 21:20:53

I love Worms Armageddon, but I recently picked up Worms; Reloaded for Steam, it's countless fun online!

Favourite Worms

filler text