KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Good & affordable scorewriter? Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 11:54 AM Reply

I'm looking for music scoring programs which are affordable and good. I have been using MuseScore for now because it's multi platform. But its midi extraction is crumby and vsti support doesn't work with some plugin [though I posted problems to the devs]. Therefore I need a temporary or permanent replacement. Many thanks for the help.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Ectohelix
Ectohelix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Good & affordable scorewriter? Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 11:54 AM, Elitistinen wrote: I'm looking for music scoring programs which are affordable and good. I have been using MuseScore for now because it's multi platform. But its midi extraction is crumby and vsti support doesn't work with some plugin [though I posted problems to the devs]. Therefore I need a temporary or permanent replacement. Many thanks for the help.

Looks pretty nice, ... I'm considering Anvil (Studio), because it was made for MIDI export. It's freeware, kinda crude looking, but seems like it'll do in a pinch.

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Good & affordable scorewriter? Jan. 8th, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Thanks for your suggestion, I will look into it.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire