New Topic Respond to this Topic
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 13:41:37 Reply

I really don't understand how anyone can think that something is being "shoved in their face". I'm not talking about important issues like religion that can impact laws and shit that actually affects you, I'm talking about stupid fads that people hate. I'm not going to mention anything specific because this thread isn't about the fads themselves.

What actually happens is they hate something so much that they're willing to be around it just so that they can bash it or complain about it. Even if they're never around it they may still complain about it based on what they've heard. That's because if something becomes big enough then, ironically, hating it can become a fad in itself. Whatever their motive, that's what it boils down to. Deep down, they enjoy complaining about fads.

For example, if you don't want to hear about something online it's extremely easy to ignore. No one forces you to watch certain videos, listen to certain music, or visit certain webpages. Even if someone was inclined to send you emails and PMs about something you don't want to hear about you can simply delete the messages or block them.

In real life, it's the same. If someone if "shoving something in your face" then be assertive for once and tell them to fuck off. Of course, you can always overhear someone talking about it or see a t-shirt of something you hate. But you can't control what other people do, and if you can't handle the idea of someone out there wearing a t-shirt you don't like then you must have serious control issues.

Besides, if the fanboys that you hate are really worthless human beings, autistic teenagers, or whatever you want to call them, then why do you care about their opinions in the first place? If you hate them so much then why do you care about what they like or do? I especially love it when people say things like "what is the world coming to?" as if the existence of stupid fads represents the downfall of humanity or something.

According to my logic, I can just ignore people that complain about things, I know. I just want you to think about it or something like that. Because in my opinion, going out of your way to hate something or complain about it ten times lower and more cuntish than giving into some stupid fad. Alternatively, I suggest that you stop giving a fuck about things that don't matter and put a fucking smile on. Or some shit like that.

Shoved Into Face

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 17:04:34 Reply

At 1/5/13 01:41 PM, Entice wrote:
Because in my opinion, going out of your way to hate something or complain about it is ten times lower and more cuntish than giving into some stupid fad.

I know what you mean. It is especially funny when haters say something like "you guys have no lives". I think it is ironic since they are just wasting their lives complaining and bashing others who like the fad or whatever it is instead of just ignoring it and moving on with their lives.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 17:09:20 Reply

If someones comes up to me and starts blurting out nonsensical annoying gibberish which is in some way a 'fad' then I would class that as being shoved in my face, as the only way it will become more so for you is if I was having their saliva splattered across my face as they blurted the sounds and I am personally not a fan of such things. As for online people tend not to understand the levels of interaction relating to the real world. If someone is sending me things privately that will be either giving me a letter in my hand or even pulling me aside to talk to me, if such things are 'fad' based than that is technically being shoved in my face as they are literally grabbing my attention to shove such things at me.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 17:10:15 Reply

It's just the thought that the something they don't like exists and its mere existence is off-putting.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 17:17:10 Reply

people complaining about things usually leads to improvement one way or another. as an example, no one complained about popular music 50 years ago, now just look at the state of it! unnecessary bitching leads to arguments, which leads to glorious development of the mind, which leads to the ultimate human race where everyone has perfect taste and things are no longer shoved into one's face because everyone is doing the shoving!

At 1/5/13 01:41 PM, Entice wrote: In real life, it's the same. If someone if "shoving something in your face" then be assertive for once and tell them to fuck off.

this is also the best way to make friends and come across as a generally outgoing and friendly person in your local community!

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 17:37:56 Reply

I enjoyed reading this.

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 18:39:00 Reply

I can agree somewhat. Even when something ends up shoved in your face, on the internet it's always easy to shove it away as fast as it came in. Still, it's annoying when you see generic pop group #35216 appear on related videos or search suggestions on YouTube, or when you see people still making comments on Justin Bieber a year and a half after everyone decided we'd already heard his name enough for a lifetime.

Certainly each instance of names popping up on content hosting sites or in chatrooms has very little effect, but at a certain point the sheer quantity can be quite frustrating. Again, it's easy to filter out things you could care less about, but when you go onto a site where you end up being exposed to new people or content, it's aggravating to come across the same fads when you're browsing new content to find, well, NEW CONTENT.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

IronicMaiden
IronicMaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 19:35:08 Reply

Yeah, I'm not too fond of people who'll go way out of their way to hate on something just because it's fun; although I must admit I also get caught up in it sometimes.

ChopstickClock
ChopstickClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-05 22:43:29 Reply

Somebody got called out on a stupid fetish...

teh Clock Crew will n3vr die. and dont u underline mai authority agen or ill g0 clyde shafe on ur ass

BBS Signature
Benji
Benji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:08:46 Reply

eat culture, bitch!

Shoved Into Face

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:12:01 Reply

At 1/5/13 10:43 PM, ChopstickClock wrote: Somebody got called out on a stupid fetish...

No, it's just fucking retarded to spend your time hating something because people around you like it when you don't.

Using the argument "You're shoving it down my throat" is just a variation of "I don't like all this bullshit you're talking about, so stop talking about it and never talk about it again", which is why I get so uncannily pissed off when someone uses it as an argument; No one els realizes that they're just mad because something they don't like is popular, and then everyone starts using it as their argument.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:25:16 Reply

i am an INDIVIDUAL i should have the freedom to use homestuck and brony reaction images, signature and profile pictures and i should have the freedom to live as i want some days i identify with a male wardrobe and other days i identify with a female wardrobe. don't like it? then stop hating on me!#####$$$$@@@@@@ your rights end where my feelings begin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:29:01 Reply

Stop shoving your topic into my face

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:35:51 Reply

At 1/6/13 12:29 AM, BumFodder wrote: Stop shoving your topic into my face

Witty and clever as usual.

Your posts always brighten up my day.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 00:40:05 Reply

At 1/6/13 12:25 AM, Halberd wrote: i am an INDIVIDUAL i should have the freedom to use homestuck and brony reaction images, signature and profile pictures and i should have the freedom to live as i want some days i identify with a male wardrobe and other days i identify with a female wardrobe. don't like it? then stop hating on me!#####$$$$@@@@@@ your rights end where my feelings begin

But that's usually not the case. It's usually just because someone likes something. There are lots of people re-joining the batman crew, and by your constitution of what's considered "shoving in your face", you would be pretty mad at them for all using batman stuff all over their account.

Tell me, why do you have a moon as your icon? I FUCKING HATE THE MOON, STOP SHOVING IT DOWN MY THROAT

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
EK0V0RP
EK0V0RP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Shoved Into Face 2013-01-06 04:14:16 Reply

If I want something shoved in my face, I would go back to my old job.

I'm Provoke's alt. When she wants to be dirty, rude, and vulgar, she cums to me. Kisses, sweetheart <3

BBS Signature