Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 07:05 PM Reply

Counting what everyone so far said, it looks like we have:

Option Bat Family: e-lord, Confucianism

Option DC Universe: Spretznaz, ZJ, Hybrid-of-Souls

Option Either of the above works: Mismo, Glides, Heretic-Anchorite

Option Don't Change a Fucking Thing: Shade

I'm just posting this for reference, I won't make any more comments on this till everyone has their say.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 07:05 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
Option Don't Change a Fucking Thing: Shade

Lol

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:24 PM Reply

Originally, I had option 2 in mind when I wrote the OP actually - the more humanity the better.

If we decide to limit the crew to DC characters aside from all-powerful heroes, how many people would have a problem with their character changing? The main reason I didn't want to exclude the majority of Marvel characters is because not all of the heroes in it are "trump cards" (like Ironman).

Maybe we could reformat the character selection so that each person with actual powers is required to have a realistic weakness? Riddler puzzle-solving so far seems to be the most entertaining for everyone, and minor villains/heroes can be included in a creative way.

Just have fun for everyone :) don't immediately solve the problem if dragging it out could be more dramatic!

Also, don't feel as if the heroes have to succeed at everything!

Join The Bat Crew. Be a superhero. Get a cool sig.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Basically:

Option 1 - Batman Universe
pro: Most balanced in heroes/villains
con: Too small to accept everyone who wants to join the crew

Option 2 - DC Universe
pro: Large enough to accept new members, yet still balanced
con: Will inevitably lead to more vague characters

Option 3 - DC & Marvel
pro: Most people who join will have a well-known character.
con: Heroes become overpowered and lead to short, choppy plots.

So I vote for the DC Universe, and new members will just have to find less popular characters as the crew grows. Maybe we should also put it to a vote if someone wants a Marvel character?

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:32 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: So I vote for the DC Universe, and new members will just have to find less popular characters as the crew grows. Maybe we should also put it to a vote if someone wants a Marvel character?

Marvel and DC crossovers aren't unheard of in the Comic world. Spiderman and Superman had an issue together. I'm also pretty sure the Avengers Dukes it out with the JLA once or twice.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 09:01 PM, Shade wrote:
At 2/12/13 08:32 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: So I vote for the DC Universe, and new members will just have to find less popular characters as the crew grows. Maybe we should also put it to a vote if someone wants a Marvel character?
Marvel and DC crossovers aren't unheard of in the Comic world. Spiderman and Superman had an issue together. I'm also pretty sure the Avengers Dukes it out with the JLA once or twice.

Yeah, that's why I kinda want to include some of them :( I don't think all of them are trump-cards. But that's why I think if we go with Option 2, we should say that if someone really really really wants to be a marvel character, we put it to a vote or something.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:32 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Basically:
So I vote for the DC Universe, and new members will just have to find less popular characters as the crew grows. Maybe we should also put it to a vote if someone wants a Marvel character?

I'm still in support for making a separate thread for the Marvel characters if anyone wants to do that. Trouble is, I have no idea how to make the sigs. What we could do is create a sig with our DC character on the left and the Marvel one on the right, and have our profile picture as whatever we want. Fulfills Options 2 and 3 at the same time, kind of.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 09:03 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 2/12/13 09:01 PM, Shade wrote:
Yeah, that's why I kinda want to include some of them :( I don't think all of them are trump-cards. But that's why I think if we go with Option 2, we should say that if someone really really really wants to be a marvel character, we put it to a vote or something.

Well, Superman's weaknesses include kryptonite (which brings him to his knees), magic (which he has no special invulnerability against) and red sun radiation (which takes away his superhuman abilities).

Captain Marvel (I think) can have a forced transformation from his Captain Marvel form to his Billy Batson form, leaving him utterly powerless until he says Shazam again.

Martian Manhunter has one weakness- fire. Or heat. Anything hot will have kryptonite-like effects on him.

Of course, the problem with the latter two weaknesses is that it's all or nothing. If there's no heat, or high voltage electricity, then they can just be all-powerful against Gotham's thugs.

The only solution I have for that we have equally powerful supervillains to counter the others. People like Darksied, Black Adam, and Ma'alefa'ak would be extremely useful to have around, in order to balance out the powers.

What do you guys think?

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:14 PM Reply

Im down for whatever, As long as I can keep my character. I've grown to like her.

And because of the Bat Crew I'm reliving my childhood I'm having so much fun.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 09:07 PM, Glides wrote: I'm still in support for making a separate thread for the Marvel characters if anyone wants to do that. Trouble is, I have no idea how to make the sigs. What we could do is create a sig with our DC character on the left and the Marvel one on the right, and have our profile picture as whatever we want. Fulfills Options 2 and 3 at the same time, kind of.

The problem with that is I don't think there's enough interest for two entire threads. When you think about it, there's only like 10 or so active people in just this one, so where would we find enough people to start a second one?

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 09:13 PM, e-lord wrote: The only solution I have for that we have equally powerful supervillains to counter the others. People like Darksied, Black Adam, and Ma'alefa'ak would be extremely useful to have around, in order to balance out the powers.

What do you guys think?

See, the problem with trump-cards on both sides is the lesser heroes/villains have no real significance. Most of us would just be watching the fireworks lol

At 2/12/13 09:14 PM, mizzjuicyflava wrote: Im down for whatever, As long as I can keep my character. I've grown to like her.

And because of the Bat Crew I'm reliving my childhood I'm having so much fun.

Nobody will take away my Ivy <3

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 09:20 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 2/12/13 09:13 PM, e-lord wrote: The only solution I have for that we have equally powerful supervillains to counter the others. People like Darksied, Black Adam, and Ma'alefa'ak would be extremely useful to have around, in order to balance out the powers.

What do you guys think?
See, the problem with trump-cards on both sides is the lesser heroes/villains have no real significance. Most of us would just be watching the fireworks lol

probably. but how can catwoman, or any of the other bat-villains stand a chance against superman or captain marvel or martian manhunter?

they can exploit their weaknesses, but that might not be enough/render the superheroes utterly useless. it's a delicate matter.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 05:09 AM Reply

I have a compulsion. Answer my riddle.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 03:16 PM Reply

I'd prefer option 1.

Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Are we going to vote before we continue?

Ill go.with the majority.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Let's just vote here:

http://emma.newgrounds.com/news/post/827162

It will be easier to keep track and update votes this way :) Hopefully its the simplified version of what we've been discussing! Unless there is an obvious winner early on, we should wait a little while to give everyone a chance to see it and have their say (but obviously the regulars get priority - won't wait for everyone to vote).

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Okay, it's pretty much been 24 hours since the poll opened and I think all the regulars have voted, but it looks like a completely even split between the Batman Universe and DC Universe ... LOL.

Would a compromise be that we stick with the Batman Universe seeing that the name of the crew pretty much indicates that, but we allow some DC Characters that Batman has interacted with (not including ones with absurd superpowers)?

We would basically just have to encourage new members to choose characters that have more humanity.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 05:54 PM, Emma wrote: Okay, it's pretty much been 24 hours since the poll opened and I think all the regulars have voted, but it looks like a completely even split between the Batman Universe and DC Universe ... LOL.

Would a compromise be that we stick with the Batman Universe seeing that the name of the crew pretty much indicates that, but we allow some DC Characters that Batman has interacted with (not including ones with absurd superpowers)?

Well, it depends. Bats comes across more super-powered allies than enemies. It would again be disproportionate.

Batman most frequently interacts with Superman, and all of Supes' enemies are ridiculously powerful- except for Lex Luthor, who could be an interesting threat to Batman (which is why I was originally him).

Batman isn't known for fighting guys like Sinestro, Circe, Professor Zoom or Grodd.

If non-Batman folk were allowed on this club, it would have to be more organized. The Riddler couldn't fight Supes, Captain Marvel etc. In order to be fair, there would require planning- or else, there would be chaos and disproportionate amounts of power.

This also brings up the issue of exclusion. Would some guys just be too powerful to the point where it wouldn't be fair?

It's a touchy subject.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 09:02 PM Reply

That's true...

As it stands right now, the majority of members have Batman characters.

So how many people without Batman characters would have a problem with finding a different one?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 2/14/13 08:06 PM, e-lord wrote: If non-Batman folk were allowed on this club, it would have to be more organized. The Riddler couldn't fight Supes, Captain Marvel etc. In order to be fair, there would require planning- or else, there would be chaos and disproportionate amounts of power.

Which is why I had to come up with this plan right now which everyone was getting involved in. Answer me damn riddle.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 01:37 AM, Confucianism wrote:
Which is why I had to come up with this plan right now which everyone was getting involved in. Answer me damn riddle.

Which riddle?

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 05:54 PM, Emma wrote: Would a compromise be that we stick with the Batman Universe seeing that the name of the crew pretty much indicates that, but we allow some DC Characters that Batman has interacted with (not including ones with absurd superpowers)?
We would basically just have to encourage new members to choose characters that have more humanity.

Fine with me.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 12:54 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 2/15/13 01:37 AM, Confucianism wrote:
Which riddle?

The one most recent and which you will find if you go back a page or two.

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 09:38 PM, Shade wrote: *Appears beside Poison Ivy.*

When all is done, there will be no need for you to worry about your plants being attacked. We are making a utopia.

A Utopia??

I used to have my own Utopia until Arkham Asylum became my home.

I want this. I really want this.

(We are back right?)

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 02:32 PM Reply

What is the term used for the activity in which an organisation solicits politicians in order influence government?

Lobbying.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 02:32 PM, e-lord wrote: What is the term used for the activity in which an organisation solicits politicians in order influence government?

Lobbying.

Wrong. Remember, they have to relate to what I'm doing, going to do, will be doing or will have be done.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 03:38 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 02:47 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 2/15/13 02:32 PM, e-lord wrote: What is the term used for the activity in which an organisation solicits politicians in order influence government?

Lobbying.
Wrong. Remember, they have to relate to what I'm doing, going to do, will be doing or will have be done.

Well you could have lobbyists in Gotham in order to protect yourself and your associates.

I'm not sure of a synonym for lobbying, but I definitely want in on it!

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

Lobbying.

That's what I said. I still think it's right.

Is it...bribery?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 04:30 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Is it...bribery?

These things are close, it's just another way of saying it. It's in between lobbying and bribery.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 2/15/13 04:31 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 2/15/13 04:30 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Is it...bribery?
These things are close, it's just another way of saying it. It's in between lobbying and bribery.

Brain control, then?

BBS Signature