Be a Supporter!
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 04:44 PM Reply

(Some day someones going to complain that what I do is too wriggly. And I'll say, well, what do you bloody expect when the entire bad team is made up of normal chumps (The Al Guls are mortal and need the Lazarus pits to regenerate, and they can't be everywhere) and the good guys have people who are all almost invincible.)

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 05:20 PM Reply

**Gotham News Network interrupts the main story of the Arkham jailbreak to report that many manuscripts and papers from the leading scientists, mathematicians, and linguistics have been stolen from Gotham educational facilities!**

A little side project I had. Shouldn't bother too many of you boys I hope!

Join The Bat Crew. Be a superhero. Get a cool sig.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 04:44 PM, Confucianism wrote: (Some day someones going to complain that what I do is too wriggly. And I'll say, well, what do you bloody expect when the entire bad team is made up of normal chumps (The Al Guls are mortal and need the Lazarus pits to regenerate, and they can't be everywhere) and the good guys have people who are all almost invincible.)

(Well just me and ZJ, but yeah you've got a point there. To counter that, you have your hypnosis scheme, which pure strength isn't enough to stop. Plus it's difficult to figure out where all of you are. I dunno, this thread's pretty new so we'll figure this out eventually.)

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 03:28 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 2/9/13 11:56 PM, Shade wrote: I'll be supplying you only with the ingredients that have a healing effect, not any of the substances that extend life.
I see...chemicals are truly interesting when modern sciences help break them down.
And speaking of chemicals, one of these scientists tipped me off that the chemicals that turned me into this have the capability of slowly disintegrating my very body. If they matter that much to you, then they shall be returned to you once they've found a solution to the newly addressed problem.

*The lights in Victor Fries' lab shut off abruptly. When light returns to the room the scientists are gone.*

I have had enough of your trickery Freeze the scientists are now in my custody. Ra's al Ghul is not your lackey to be told what to do like a dog. I made you an offer and it wasn't enough for you so I took matters into my own hands and had my league remove our friends in the scientific community elsewhere so you won't be interfering with my plans any longer. You should be thankful I didn't take your wife.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 06:23 PM, Shade wrote: *The lights in Victor Fries' lab shut off abruptly. When light returns to the room the scientists are gone.*

Confound it!
Tch...to think I was once called selfish. I would've been more than obliged to return them to you when I was finished with them you know, but their work is NOT finished.

Riddler...I have a feeling you had something to do with this...

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43
Steam ID
Join the party | V NG Archive V |

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 10:04 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Tch...to think I was once called selfish. I would've been more than obliged to return them to you when I was finished with them you know, but their work is NOT finished.

Riddler...I have a feeling you had something to do with this...

They will be yours when I am finished with them.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 10:12 PM, Shade wrote: They will be yours when I am finished with them.

And how long would THAT take?
Do I need to emphasize once more that my little accident is eating away at my very body? Finding a cure is not something I can do alone this time. Do not leave me with the option of having to get them back myself.

Steam ID

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 10th, 2013 @ 11:37 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 11:15 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 2/10/13 10:12 PM, Shade wrote: They will be yours when I am finished with them.
And how long would THAT take?
Do I need to emphasize once more that my little accident is eating away at my very body? Finding a cure is not something I can do alone this time. Do not leave me with the option of having to get them back myself.

If you wish to speed the process up, you should assist myself and the Riddler.

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 11:37 PM, Shade wrote: If you wish to speed the process up, you should assist myself and the Riddler.

Mhm mhm. Don't let the cat out of the bag now. Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 2/10/13 04:06 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 2/10/13 02:39 PM, Mismo wrote: Did my mention of the hostages slip your mind Superman? I might be tied up but, I've got my gang hidden with the commissioner and his squad. You have to find them before I'm beaten, and even of you do I will have SPLIT by then.

I tell you, Batman might not be an alien with superpowers. But at least he pays attention when it is needed. Now I'd suggest you should either find those hostages or watch me all night.
I'll take care of that. *finds the hostages' location from Two-Face's head*
Have fun with Dent, Clark.

Funny that you would show up. But I sort of anticipated your arrival too. But I do counter mind reading you say? Easy, I don't even know where the hostages are.

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 04:58 AM Reply

*Wakes up in her bedroom*

Wow. So what did i miss guys?

Letterboxd/Lecter Crew"Halber Mensch is like the Katamari Damacy of Industrial minus the happy"-BoredLooney. Look at my sig. It's better than Bren's.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 02:31 AM, Mismo wrote: Funny that you would show up. But I sort of anticipated your arrival too. But I do counter mind reading you say? Easy, I don't even know where the hostages are.

Mhm, mhm. Indeed. I had them moved. Well, somewhat.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 2/10/13 11:37 PM, Shade wrote: If you wish to speed the process up, you should assist myself and the Riddler.

Mm, this must be what he was telling me about being more useful...
I must accept your offer.

Steam ID

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

* looks around and observed everything and everyone*

I.wonder. What I'm getting into.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 09:27 PM, mizzjuicyflava wrote: * looks around and observed everything and everyone*

I.wonder. What I'm getting into.

*Appears beside Poison Ivy.*

When all is done, there will be no need for you to worry about your plants being attacked. We are making a utopia.

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 09:59 PM Reply

(not in character)

i think the bat crew is getting a little crazy, guys.

i wanted to post on here more, but i'm starting to think, "what's the point?"

what's the point in having batman's intimidation and detective skills when the spretznaz (martian manhunter) can just read minds?

what's the point in having batman searching the city in the shadows for crime, when glides has x-ray vision and can travel FTL?

what's the point in knowing so many martial arts when captain marvel literally has the power of the gods?

confucianism said earlier that there was a huge difference in power between the heroes and villains, and he's right. batman villains were meant to fight against batman, not superhumans.

spretznaz and i came up with three ideas.

1. make it so only members of the bat-family are allowed to be a part of this club

2. call this club "the brave and the bold crew," and we can have non-bat family DC heroes... but we'd also need non-bat family dc villains. the only bat-villains who could stand a chance against the justice league are the al ghuls and maybe the joker (it happened in the justice league tv show). in short, this would need a total overhall.

3. just continue as is, i'm just making a big fuss out of nothing

we should put it up to a vote. what do you guys think?

i vote for option one.

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 10:04 PM Reply

And I for option 2, as discussed.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Let's work with option number 3 for a bit and see if we can't work things out.

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 2/11/13 10:04 PM, Spretznaz wrote: And I for option 2, as discussed.

Same here. We can work this out, I'm sure. Batman seems to exist side by side with other super heroes. Why can we do? It'd suck if Glides or I did the "WE'LL DO EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE'RE ALL-POWERFUL" thing, but I don't think that's happened. Can't we all just get along and get the plot going in a fun way?

:(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 01:49 AM Reply

I vote for option 1. As I've always thought it should be and was the reason I signed up. I could put forth some points, but, nah.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 01:58 AM Reply

Alright I'll put forth one point: Half the time it would just end up with the super duper guys just trying to out whack the other guy with strength. Reminds me of Dragon Ball. And, the Al Ghul's can't face up against those super guys one on one, they're not that good. Just at the peak of human perfection in skill and knowledge and with the aid of the Lazarus pits, immortal. Not the same in any way to actually being immortal and being able to punch through a building.

But with that said, I'm fine with things continuing the way they are as long as the super guys take batman takes the lead. Getting Harvey was just too easy.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:58 AM, Confucianism wrote: Getting Harvey was just too easy.

Indeed, not easy to be a Batman villain when you got both Superman and Martian manhunter on your ass.

I could for option one or two.

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:31 PM Reply

* Progressively, more and more buildings begin to be converted into congregation areas for those who who see as has to come, the screens around the city blink on once more, showing the Al Ghuls and The Riddler sitting along a table, as the screens come into focus, The Riddler takes his position*

Now that the attentions have been drawn, I've finally had the chance to organize something I've been dying to do since I got here, and the Al Ghuls would be delighted to join me. You may join us too, if you can answer me this!

What is the term used for the activity in which an organisation solicits politicians in order influence government?

Now, hold that tongue of yours, or I will.

*The screens blink off*

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I am the Bat

The Bat Crew

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 02:39 PM, Boomstick wrote: I am the Bat

You're something that rhymes with bat. But no, you're not quite the bat.

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 02:31 PM, Confucianism wrote: What is the term used for the activity in which an organisation solicits politicians in order influence government?

Now, hold that tongue of yours, or I will.

*The screens blink off*

*somewhat out of character*

I can answer that, but I, at least, would rather not do anything until some sort of a decision is reached.

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 02:56 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 02:55 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I can answer that, but I, at least, would rather not do anything until some sort of a decision is reached.

PM me what you think it is then.

BBS Signature
Glides
Glides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 01:23 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 2/11/13 10:04 PM, Spretznaz wrote: And I for option 2, as discussed.
Same here. We can work this out, I'm sure. Batman seems to exist side by side with other super heroes. Why can we do? It'd suck if Glides or I did the "WE'LL DO EVERYTHING BECAUSE WE'RE ALL-POWERFUL" thing, but I don't think that's happened. Can't we all just get along and get the plot going in a fun way?

I'm up for any of the options. This is my favorite thread on Newgrounds as of right now, and it's cool being weird for a change. Advantages and disadvantages are there for all three options, so whatever you end up agreeing on, I'm in.
Personally i think we're pretty evenly matched. Me and ZJ (and now Spretznaz?) are very strong, but at the same time, we haven't been able to permanently defeat any of you.
For example: I captured Two-Face, who was then freed because he had hostages as leverage. So now me and him are on equal footing again. Me and Marvel caught the Al Ghuls, who soon freed themselves from Arkham.
My personal favorite part of the thread so far was that completely random heroes-and-villains party, that was pretty hysterical. Option 2 would be good in that case, since it was more about zany hijinks than anything else.
As for Option 1, I have no idea what other character I would be, personally. Also, some of the people have stopped posting or switched characters (E-Lord from Lex Luthor to Batman, Spretznaz from Deathstroke to Martian Manhunter). So if we end up choosing that one, we need to figure out which characters are still available and which characters are still around. From a brief once-over of the last couple pages, I saw:

Superman (me), Captain Marvel, Batman, Batgirl, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn (no Joker though, weird), Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Mister Freeze, Martian Manhunter, Two-Face and Catwoman.

Joker, Deadshot, Commissioner Gordon and Plastic Man have stopped posting.
I think we need more people for this thread to be more interesting. That may be where a lot of the complaints are coming from, there's only a few of us around at a time, so naturally the same people end up interacting.
Tons of interesting characters out there, still. I liked having Lex Luthor around, and the temporary Deathstroke-Superman alliance was interesting. But there's also the rest of the Justice League and tons of other DC characters to choose from.
Another weird idea I just thought of: we should start a thread like this one for Marvel characters. Having both worlds to play with would be pretty cool, what do you all think?

(

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 04:35 PM, Glides wrote:
Deadshot,

*out of character*

I'm no longer Deadshot.

Also, I'll go for option 1 or 2. I haven't been to active here due to school.

BBS Signature
Hybrid-Of-Souls
Hybrid-Of-Souls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to The Bat Crew Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 06:48 PM Reply

-out of character-

I like option 2. I like seeing DC universe interactions that don't limit themselves to the Batman universe.
And while I'm out of character here, I'd like to add that I recently saw The Dark Knight Returns pt. 2. Not as brutal as the climactic fight of part 1, but brutal nonetheless.

Steam ID

BBS Signature