Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 04:43 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 2/5/13 03:51 PM, Jester wrote: Bumping for the game's release.

I've been playing it for the last 2 hours. It kicks mad ass.
Would you recommend it if you've enjoyed Dead Space 1 and 2? I enjoyed 2 more over all due to the improved gameplay mechanics,.

In terms of mechanics on the PC it's not much different from Dead Space 2, but everything has been improved. I'm a fan of the series and I very much recommend it. Only bummer about it is they got rid of the regular versus multiplayer for whatever reason.

I guess the EA executives all sat down and went "We're making Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3, but only one can have multiplayer."

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:18 PM Reply

Would you recommend completing the first two games before moving on to the third? I've completed both games but I was just wondering if it was an instant follow up like the second one was.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 08:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Would you recommend completing the first two games before moving on to the third? I've completed both games but I was just wondering if it was an instant follow up like the second one was.

I'd recommend to anyone to play the first two games but you don't need to in order to understand the story. As soon as you start Dead Space 3 it does a recap of the past 2 games. It's not a direct sequel, either, it just picks up a few years after Dead Space 2 after Isaac has been living as a civilian for awhile.

Ghyfty
Ghyfty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 04:05 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 08:30 PM, Jester wrote:
At 2/5/13 08:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Would you recommend completing the first two games before moving on to the third? I've completed both games but I was just wondering if it was an instant follow up like the second one was.
I'd recommend to anyone to play the first two games but you don't need to in order to understand the story. As soon as you start Dead Space 3 it does a recap of the past 2 games. It's not a direct sequel, either, it just picks up a few years after Dead Space 2 after Isaac has been living as a civilian for awhile.

OK. Can you tell me if the dropping in/dropping out of Carver is annoying to you in any way? I'm planning to get it anyway, just wanting to know so I won't be so pissed off when I see it.

Pm me about anything, you cumdumpster.
Yes, I know I'm going to hell.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:50 PM Reply

Dead Space 3 is a letdown!

Lame Story, and the only redeeming factor is that it has co-op even tho co-op is sometimes annoying to play because it feels my camera angle changes to some degree playing online co-op. They should make a New Dead Space and call it the real Dead Space 3 because this story is too lame and boring to be part of the Dead Space series.

My scores for each game. I really liked Dead Space 1 but the controls were iffy and they improved them in Dead Space 2. I also think the scare factor in Dead Space 1 and 2 are more there. I don't know, what did you think of Dead Space 2 so far? I've only played for 2 days because it came out on the 5th but I'm losing interest in the game and I'm like 30 percent done it or so and sometimes I get lost in the game and have no idea where I'm going. Also, I feel co-op is kind of broken because I've played for like 4-5 hours and no one is joining my online co-op anymore. So it's even more boring now because I'm only playing the computer and no one is playing with me. Earlier today people were constantly joining my game no no one is.

Dead Space 1= 8.5/10
Dead Space 2= 9.0/10
Dead Space 3= 6.5/10

Let down to me personally.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 02:59 AM Reply

I'm about 60-70 percent done and I'll change my review for the game to a solid 7.5. It's a good co-op game, but gets very repetitive and definitely lost a lot of its horror atmosphere. Dead Space meets Gears of War type vibe.... I think this is an action gamers type of game. If you're a fan of Dead Space 1 and 2 like I was, I know you'll be letdown on the horror part. Didn't Dead Space 2 come out like a year ago? I think Dead Space 3 may have been rushed or maybe they purposely made it more Action than Horror. Who knows... I kind of still wish for a Remake of Dead Space 3 because the Story is kind of lackluster.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 2/11/13 02:59 AM, TheKlown wrote: Didn't Dead Space 2 come out like a year ago?

It came out over two years ago. Hard to believe right?

I think Dead Space 3 may have been rushed or maybe they purposely made it more Action than Horror. Who knows... I kind of still wish for a Remake of Dead Space 3 because the Story is kind of lackluster.

Blame it on EA for telling Visceral on how they wanted Dead Space 3. Apparently, Visceral themselves didn't want the story to be told like how it is. I can find the article if you want me to, but I have a busy day today.

They (EA) also wanted the cod group, but that didn't work out too well. Sales were about 25% less then that of Dead Space 2's first release...in the UK.

At least the weapon crafting looks cool and the sound design remains top notch...from what I've seen. I will probably wait for a price drop (like most games) or until spring break to play it.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 12:56 PM Reply

Kind of shocked that I'm reading a lot of Positive reviews when a good portion of the Horror was cut out of this game. And No it isn't just because of the Co-op because I played a good portion of it in Single Player and it's no wheres near as Scary as the first two games. I know I can go back and play the first two games and still get jumpy/scared to some degree. I didn't jump or get excited once when playing this game. I'm seeing some review websites giving this 8/10 and 9/10, and to those review Websites I suspect people were either paid off or have Family Members who work for EA games.

To even rate this 3rd Entry anywheres near the first two games is a joke in my opinion. Maybe some of these review websites didn't even actually play the game or really didn't play the first two games because if they did play the first two games, I do not know how they have given it such Positive Reviews... I know everyone has a different opinion, but it seems like a lot of people are giving this high Ratings that I don't believe it deserves, and I agree with most of the Youtubers bashing the game to some extent. This is not the Dead Space 3 I wanted, I did not want Gears of War type game. I wanted the Dead Space genre not some lackluster Story with barely any jump moments.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 09:46 AM Reply

Loving this game but I'm stuck!

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature
LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

Just beat the game. Now I just need to find someone to play co-op with for another playthrough.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 12:56 PM, TheKlown wrote: This is not the Dead Space 3 I wanted, I did not want Gears of War type game. I wanted the Dead Space genre not some lackluster Story with barely any jump moments.

Better write 3 different reviews for the same point. Dead Space stopped being a horror game and started being an action game at Dead Space 2 when boots with thrusters in them became a thing.

I beat the game a few days ago, loved every second of it. My only complaint being that there's sort of a lack of suit variation; Dead Space 2 had all shapes and sizes but the third is just like 3 suit bodies with different recolors and helmets. That being said, everything else was great and I think people are only whining about the story because it's kind of hard to follow if you don't know, like, everything ever about the series.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 05:37 PM Reply

I was looking forward for more disgusting creatures. But it seemed the devs just ran out of idea.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire