Be a Supporter!
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Dead Space 3 2013-01-03 16:39:39 Reply

Who's getting this? I have the first two Dead Space titles on Xbox 360 but I'm not sure whether I should get this one. DS2 was my favourite out of the two, and I'm thinking of getting Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii for a cheap price. This comes out February 5th, I'm also really looking forward to the drop in/drop out Co-Op mode.

Dead Space 3

BBS Signature
IronicMaiden
IronicMaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-03 19:49:48 Reply

I'll probably be getting it at some point, although probably not right when it comes out. I also own the first two games, only on PS3 instead of XBox. I've only gotten to the second chapter of the first game, and I'm probably going to stop playing soon so I can finish Bioshock 2 before Bioshock Infinite comes out.

I'll buy the third one once I've finished the first two. Maybe then the price will have gone down a bit from the usual sixty bucks.

Convey
Convey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-03 21:28:14 Reply

I really hope they do some innovations with the game. The second one was extremely similar to the first with only a few new features and monsters added in. The first game was legitimately scary while the second game was kind of meh.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate
I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Pecorre
Pecorre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-04 09:22:55 Reply

At 1/3/13 04:39 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Who's getting this? I have the first two Dead Space titles on Xbox 360 but I'm not sure whether I should get this one. DS2 was my favourite out of the two, and I'm thinking of getting Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii for a cheap price. This comes out February 5th, I'm also really looking forward to the drop in/drop out Co-Op mode.

Not really sure about this game. I have all trophies on PS3 for the two previous games, but this one looks pretty bad. I don't like the idea of cover shooting and having ennemies with guns. It reminds me of RE5 and 6, and I hated those games.

Also, stay away from Dead Space Extraction, it's very bad.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-04 09:24:29 Reply

Multiplayer ruined this game, so I'll pass.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Randomman641
Randomman641
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-04 09:38:13 Reply

At 1/3/13 04:39 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Who's getting this? I have the first two Dead Space titles on Xbox 360 but I'm not sure whether I should get this one. DS2 was my favourite out of the two, and I'm thinking of getting Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii for a cheap price. This comes out February 5th, I'm also really looking forward to the drop in/drop out Co-Op mode.

DS3 does sound good, with the whole "planet exploration" idea, but that kind of ruins the whole "dark corridor" horror theme a bit.
Besides from that, sounds like a good buy nonetheless.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-04 12:47:58 Reply

At 1/4/13 09:22 AM, Pecorre wrote:
Also, stay away from Dead Space Extraction, it's very bad.

Lmao, well the past 4 or 5 games I've bought at GameStop (EB Games over here) have been what Metacritic ranks as "mediocre" and I've been trying to find underrated games. The majority of them I can really see why there ranked lowly but there have been a few that I just really enjoyed. Like The Conduit, or Nights Into Dreams.

And I liked the second Dead Space the best because it was like regaining your sanity from losing it all the first game. I'll probably buy it within a month of it's release, who knows.

BBS Signature
Thedark
Thedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-07 14:33:29 Reply

Cant wait for Dead Space 3

Newest interview with Squidbit Cheeeeeeeck it out
You give up your freedom for the safety that the government promises you ~ Confucianism
Sig by Asandir

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 19:30:27 Reply

For those interested, a demo will be out on the 22nd. Unless you had a keen eye and signed-up for an early access code to the demo like I did, which came out today, then you can play it a week earlier than usual. I'll give my impression of the demo later since I haven't even got to downloading it yet thanks to my crap connection (started downloading 6 hours ago or so, still have ~45% to go... stupid lousy 1.93 gig download *mumblegrumble*). Does anyone else have early access as well? I'd like to know what you think.
Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled for the public demo on the 22nd.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 19:33:59 Reply

Even though I'm a chicken shit for games, I really wanna try the Dead Space series. I love RE4, and I hear a lot of comparisons. And it doesn't seem like a piece of unmotivated shit like all of the other modern games.

Unfortunatly, I don't own any systems it's on. Unless it came out on the Wii, and I missed it lol

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 19:36:48 Reply

I'll be getting it. Played the first game, was pretty cool. Played the second game, didn't finish it, but it's still fun. I'm actually looking forward to the Co-op.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 19:59:47 Reply

I actually enjoyed the first two dead space games. Both are excellent games, but I think the horror aspect was a tad bit weaker in the second game. They both caught the atmosphere and I definitely enjoyed the gameplay (even more in the improved 2nd one).

At the recent e3 coverage DS 3, I saw that the devs implemented a cover system for Isaac and that he can dodge (much like Shepard can in Mass Effect 3). A little bit of a deal because Isaac is an engineer, but I guess he's been working out in order to fight off the necromorphs.

Oh, and no annoying ai companion like that of RE 5 and 6. I might pick this up until it gets cheaper because I have plans on picking up Bioshock Infinite.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
F-Stop
F-Stop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 22:24:05 Reply

My friend is obsessed over this game. I'm not into it unfortunately.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 22:30:26 Reply

Dead Space 1 was fantastic, 2 was okay, from what I've seen with Dead Space 3 I'm not impressed.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-15 23:19:06 Reply

Now that I finally played the demo, I guess I can talk about it.
The game is still brutal and intense, if a bit more fast paced thanks to the ability to roll away from danger. It's not an overpowered ability by any means though, but it is useful when a baddie is about to slice your face off. The human enemies are a nice change of pace to fight, but they're not the focus thankfully, so this hasn't become a Gears of War clone if some of you were worrying about that. What I absolutely love is when both human enemies and Necromorphs are present, leading to frantic three-way battles as you and your foes scramble to decide who to take out first. I can't check out the co-op unfortunately, since I can't play online with an Xbox Silver account (MYEH!), not to mention there's no split-screen it seems (DOUBLE MYEH!). Crafting a weapon is pretty cool, though.
I'm by no means a Dead Space fan, since I've only touched the first game for like 10 minutes at most, but I still enjoyed playing the demo for 3. I just might pick it up after playing through 1 & 2.

Also, I fucking hate giant drills now...
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 00:44:36 Reply

At 1/15/13 10:30 PM, simon wrote: Dead Space 1 was fantastic, 2 was okay, from what I've seen with Dead Space 3 I'm not impressed.

Dead Space 1 had the best atmosphere but had pretty bad controls. I own Dead Space 1 pc and it's awesome game that kind of has bad controls. Nice graphics for the pc tho. Pc owns ps3 and 360. Pc is already doing next generation gaming before Consoles.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 01:22:32 Reply

I am planning on getting it soon, but the thing is I haven't played any of the other games in the series. Is this one of those series where the story matters a good bit? Or can I just shoot up some alien zombies and have a damn good time?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 14:43:23 Reply

At 1/16/13 10:44 AM, Protagonist wrote:

:This just looks bad, the necromorphs hit detection was crappy, and they were horrible looking graphically, and more generic looking.

The forced co-op ruins the atmosphere, and the immersion. Human enemies shooting at you, with horrible A.I too because they got chewed down by necros in the demo. Uncharted esquire QTE disaster sequences, and a boring generic lost planet esquire game world.

Now you're my bro and all, but dude, I think you're being too much of a negative nancy. I don't find anything wrong with the hit detection, not to mention the enemies and the game itself look quite pretty for me (well, as pretty as a murderous grotesque humanoid creature can be). This is coming from a guy who still plays on a standard definition TV, mind you. And how is the co-op forced in any way? Granted, I haven't been able to experience it myself yet, instead having to play solo, but still, if it truly WAS forced, I wouldn't be playing by myself. And sure, the human A.I. isn't defining a genre or anything, but I didn't expect them to hold their own against Necromorphs either. I'm rather glad that the Necros can screw them up in no time. Just shows that they're still dangerous to humans outside of set-pieces and cutscenes.
I can't argue about Quick Time Events, but as long as they don't make up boss battles like certain other games have done (Looking at you, Far Cry 3), I'll tolerate them. And what's wrong with the whole icy planet setting? Just because Lost Planet 1 did it (along with that abomination of a third game coming out...) means Dead Space 3 can't?

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 14:45:48 Reply

Stasis the drill

STASIS THE DRILL

STASIS THE FUCKING DRILL

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 15:21:32 Reply

At 1/16/13 10:44 AM, Protagonist wrote: The game looks horrible. 2 was pushing it

I disagree with these statements. I might not have like 2 as much if I didn't love Isaac so much as a protagonist.

heh, protagonist

I'm pretty excited over it, I think i'm getting the demo later because i'm pretty sure I signed up for early access. Fingers crossed i'm not remembering wrong.

At 1/15/13 07:30 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Unless you had a keen eye and signed-up for an early access code to the demo like I did

So do they just send you a message via xbox with the code in it?

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 15:25:54 Reply

At 1/16/13 02:45 PM, Jackho wrote: Stasis the drill

STASIS THE DRILL

STASIS THE FUCKING DRILL

Loved that part lol.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 15:37:53 Reply

At 1/16/13 03:21 PM, Jester wrote:
At 1/15/13 07:30 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Unless you had a keen eye and signed-up for an early access code to the demo like I did
So do they just send you a message via xbox with the code in it?

No, they sent me an e-mail with the code, which I redeemed with my Xbox using that "Redeem Code" little guy when you hit the guide button (although I could have done it with xbox.com, the site was being stupid at the time). Just keep checking your e-mail from time to time.

SandmanNLD
SandmanNLD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 15:46:55 Reply

Dunno, i will wait...Still have Halo4 and Hitman Absolution and Assassins Creed 3 on the shelve.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 16:16:37 Reply

At 1/16/13 03:37 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
No, they sent me an e-mail with the code, which I redeemed with my Xbox using that "Redeem Code" little guy when you hit the guide button (although I could have done it with xbox.com, the site was being stupid at the time). Just keep checking your e-mail from time to time.

Shitfuck, I must not have done it or i'd have gotten it by now.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 18:30:28 Reply

At 1/16/13 06:06 PM, Protagonist wrote: Carver is in the story regardless, and appears during cutscenes. It kills the immersion during single player if some random dude is popping in and out of nowhere acting like he was just in that scrap you were in. Co-op is now central to the story, which IMO takes away the feeling of being alone and having to fend for yourself.

It's not that lost planet did it first, it's that it's generic and boring. Sure DS1 and 2 took place in space stations, and sure that look was getting old, but an icy planet is so lazy. You can barely see anything because of dense snow, so it's the old fog silent hill trick where since you can't actually see the area around you must of the time you're left with a boring and unmemorable landscape.

Well for what it's worth, apparently playing co-op makes the story slightly different than just alone. I'm guessing to take into account the whole "Oh Issac, you have a buddy with you" sort of thing in conversations (A shame though, because I was hoping they'd go the way of Issac more or less hallucinating that his partner is there). If it really messes up the immersion for you, you could always just not play with a co-op partner. I still disagree that co-op is central to the story, but I suppose we'll just have to leave it at that.
As for the icy planet bit, to each their own I suppose, because I find the planet of Tau Volantis to be rather beautiful when not being stabbed by some prick or blocked out by the weather. I think the blizzards early in the demo perfectly add to the tension as well, given the setting of Dead Space. Is it an old trick? Probably, but it sure works on me.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 19:18:13 Reply

At 1/16/13 06:30 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Well for what it's worth, apparently playing co-op makes the story slightly different than just alone. I'm guessing to take into account the whole "Oh Issac, you have a buddy with you" sort of thing in conversations (A shame though, because I was hoping they'd go the way of Issac more or less hallucinating that his partner is there).

That'd be cool, but Carver comes with his own bucket of crazy, i'm pretty sure. Which i'm not sure if I like or not, my favorite thing about Isaac is that he's one of the few completely insane player characters. I think i'd like it better if he was just imaginary and hanging around Isaac's mind, which would cover the dropping in and out of co-op.

<3 Isaac

Dead Space 3

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 19:37:01 Reply

At 1/16/13 07:26 PM, Protagonist wrote:

I like Isaac too, but I feel hes a bit too juvenile. Like when he told Nicole to go fuck herself, that was so out of place. I just wish they would of built of the way he was in part 1, keeping him silent sometimes but giving him a more stoic attitude.

Yeah Isaac has moments where he's a cunt but having a batshit crazy protagonist is a great idea and I like his face. Plus i'd be a cunt too if I had to fight through hundreds of necromorphs and everyone I knew died.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-01-16 21:13:16 Reply

At 1/16/13 07:37 PM, Jester wrote:

Yeah Isaac has moments where he's a cunt but having a batshit crazy protagonist is a great idea and I like his face. Plus i'd be a cunt too if I had to fight through hundreds of necromorphs and everyone I knew died.

Not to mention that Isaac's imaginary girlfriend, the only person that he trusted, accepted your apology and tried to make you kill yourself in the end.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-02-05 15:51:38 Reply

Bumping for the game's release.

I've been playing it for the last 2 hours. It kicks mad ass.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dead Space 3 2013-02-05 16:43:00 Reply

At 2/5/13 03:51 PM, Jester wrote: Bumping for the game's release.

I've been playing it for the last 2 hours. It kicks mad ass.

Would you recommend it if you've enjoyed Dead Space 1 and 2? I enjoyed 2 more over all due to the improved gameplay mechanics,.

BBS Signature