New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dominickaos
Dominickaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:31 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:17 AM, Saen wrote: In good ol' Georgia for speeding. I'm confronting a judge in court for the first time, I feel more unprepared than nervous.

So how would you present your case to a judge for going 20mph over the speed limit? Or would you just plead guilty? Will consider both sarcastic and serious suggestions.

My case:
There wasn't a 55mph sign posted visible before or after I was pulled over.
I was accelerating to get up a steep hill.
I've had my abbs for almost 6 years now.

I took criminal justice classes in my state but i'm not really familiar with Georgia's state law but from a general stand point judges are hard to persuade and 95% of the time the judge will side with the police officer. It's an position of authority and credibility issue but your best bet is to take evidence and lawyer up. Its a pain in the ass process but its better than pleading guilty or trying to present the case your self.

Remember to kiss ass and be respectful to the judge.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 11:31 AM, Dominickaos wrote: Remember to kiss ass and be respectful to the judge.

I wouldn't. I would find it more entertaining to stir civil disobedience.

Tomorrow is my day is court

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 11:24 AM, Dean wrote:
I don't think there are any roads in the UK were 75mph is within the speed limit and I can't see it being much different in the US.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I don't live in Georgia, but around here it's common knowledge that the highest speed limit is 65mph (on the highway). I don't see an excuse that would actually get you out of any trouble, unless you have higher speed limits around your area. I'd just take the slap on the wrist and pay the fine.

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
AnotherOtto
AnotherOtto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:20 AM, Xenomit wrote: Do what I do to authority, question every rule and every ruler

woah look it's james dean!!!

I'm not banned, this is just where I'm vulgar.

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 11:23 AM, Insanctuary wrote: And how do you find this amusing?

Asserting the unfairness of a judge's ability to judge by judging the judge as not accepting their own humanity as readily as yourself? How? I guess ultimately I just imagine you addressing the judge like that and the real-world response to your fantasy. The harsh juxtaposition between the two is amusing. Like the expectation/reality pictures littering my facebook feed every day.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 1/3/13 11:40 AM, Evark wrote: Like the expectation/reality pictures littering my facebook feed every day.

Honestly, I am never a conformist unto those who only comform to their degenerate whims. I will die a rebellious and genuine life before I succumb to this senseless bidding. I'd rather live a shameful life than a wasteful lives. However, my shame is in their eyes only, which doesn't matter, for they cannot see themselves.

Tomorrow is my day is court

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:17 AM, Saen wrote: sarcastic

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to come off as sarcastic in court if you're legitimately trying to plead your case. Judges hate that shit.

Also, don't try pleading guilty, or you'll be taken as guilty. It's as simple as that. Don't expect the judge to have any remorse.

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:38 PM Reply

I HOPE THEY THROEW U IN DA BRIG!

BBS Signature
Xgsniper
Xgsniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:38 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 1/3/13 01:31 AM, Saen wrote:

the court will take the cops word over yours as they are in a position of authority, so I'd say you will most likely screwed.

Time to hire Phoenix Wright.

I'd hire harvey bird man first, phoenix wright is last resort.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:38 PM, naronic wrote: I HOPE THEY THROEW U IN DA BRIG!

The sexy, sexy, brig... sorry I was somewhere else.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 01:52 PM Reply

Good luck. I got a speeding ticket for not speeding around Fullerton, CA. Good ole highway Popo.

Anyway, those guys get paid overtime for showing up to fuck you over in court. Basically it becomes your word against the officers and the officer has way more credibility going into the courtroom (unfair), so the judge usually just throws the book at people.

When I got my speeding ticket for not speeding, I told the judge, "Your honor, the reason I'm contesting the citation this officer had given me was because I was merely cruising that morning because I was running a little early, I wasn't following to closely or weaving in and out of traffic, I was just cruising at traffics speed, and even if I did want to reach the speed limit on the citation I'd have to be pretty ambitious as opposed to just idly cruising."

The judge just kind of smiled and said, "Yeah well you'll get plenty of speeding ticket in your life don't think too much of it. Tell you what, I'll let you change your plee to guilty and I'll lower the fine."

"I would Your Honor but then I'd be a liar."

I got fucked by the entire system two times sideways, good thing it was just a speeding ticket. But seriously, everything you say can easily be negated by the officer going, "nuhuh". So basically the best way to beat a speeding ticket is if the officer doesn't show up. Which is more common if they are a city cop.

Best of luck.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Tomorrow is my day is court Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 1/3/13 01:52 AM, Saen wrote: I guess I'm going to jail, thug life.

The worst that could happen to you is you get a fine, and a point on your license (If you don't have any other offences).

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature