ElectricLightKitsune
ElectricLightKitsune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:10 PM

But I don't have Flash or a graphics tablet or voice actors or any money. :|

I'm thinking of doing a series like those of late 90's/early 00's Cartoon Network (Dexter's Lab/Ed, Ed & Eddy/Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy/Codename Kids Next Door). You know, risque humor mixed with some retarded comedy.

What I need:
An animator (A really good one. I'm thinking PsychicPebbles or someone like that. But I don't think they'll ever go on this thread.)
Some voice actors (A couple of guys, maybe one or two girls and a gay guy (or someone who can do a gay voice.))
Some writers (Because I can't write a damn script on my own due to brain being un-able to think of anything funny or original.)

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:38 PM

sooo what part of this would you be doing? it sounds to me like you just want something made for you to attach your name to.

Creator-Sama
Creator-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:27 PM

Hmm... I don't have a tablet either, but if you check out my page you can see what I've done using only a mouse.... and it's pretty much the same quality of my hand drawing skills, if not better.

If you have a job it wouldn't be too difficult to save $5 or $10 bucks per paycheck to get a Flash program. It'll take time, sure, but at least you'll get it. There are..."other".... less-legal ways to get it, but I'm not going to support using them. (Wait... why did I mention it then? *facedesk*)

If you can contribute something to it, aside from a basic idea that someone else could quite easily steal, I'd be more than happy to contribute my voice to this.

As it is, I agree with MaxVador's comment. You should at least be willing to write a half-decent script and get a beta-reader to spellcheck/grammar-check/humor-check it for you. (That means showing you what needs fixing, not rewriting it for you.)

I apologize if I seem mean or rude. It's just that I've seen people who try to get others to do their work for them before. They're only in it for the popularity, not because they actually care. I just want to make sure you don't fall into that trap. ^w^

Good luck!
~Jennifer

This certifies that the person responsible for this post is completely insane! -runs up a wall and sits on the ceiling-

I use AS2. That doesn't make me "wrong" or "bad". ^w^

ElectricLightKitsune
ElectricLightKitsune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:17 PM

At 1/2/13 03:27 PM, Creator-Sama wrote: Hmm... I don't have a tablet either, but if you check out my page you can see what I've done using only a mouse.... and it's pretty much the same quality of my hand drawing skills, if not better.

If you have a job it wouldn't be too difficult to save $5 or $10 bucks per paycheck to get a Flash program. It'll take time, sure, but at least you'll get it. There are..."other".... less-legal ways to get it, but I'm not going to support using them. (Wait... why did I mention it then? *facedesk*)

If you can contribute something to it, aside from a basic idea that someone else could quite easily steal, I'd be more than happy to contribute my voice to this.

As it is, I agree with MaxVador's comment. You should at least be willing to write a half-decent script and get a beta-reader to spellcheck/grammar-check/humor-check it for you. (That means showing you what needs fixing, not rewriting it for you.)

I apologize if I seem mean or rude. It's just that I've seen people who try to get others to do their work for them before. They're only in it for the popularity, not because they actually care. I just want to make sure you don't fall into that trap. ^w^

Good luck!
~Jennifer

1. Paychecks? I'm still in high school. :|
2. I will do some script writing and voice acting.
3. I could maybe afford a tablet but I will have to steal flash. (I'm not paying £620 for some damned software)
4. All I really need now is voice actors.

Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:20 PM

At 1/2/13 12:10 PM, ElectricLightKitsune wrote: What I need:
An animator (A really good one. I'm thinking PsychicPebbles or someone like that. But I don't think they'll ever go on this thread.)
Some voice actors (A couple of guys, maybe one or two girls and a gay guy (or someone who can do a gay voice.))
Some writers (Because I can't write a damn script on my own due to brain being un-able to think of anything funny or original.)

So, let me get this straight. You're asking to make an animated series, with no idea what it will be about. No plan for a story at all. You want a top notch animator to put hours upon hours into this lack of an idea. And in the event you come up with something resembling an idea, you want someone to write whole scripts for you, and tell all the jokes you want heard. And you also want voice actors to jump right into an idea that isn't even formed yet. And your part in this is to come up with the idea, which you won't come up with until you have a team of people willing to put real work into the project.

Good luck with that one.

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:29 PM

At 1/2/13 04:17 PM, ElectricLightKitsune wrote:
2. I will do some script writing and voice acting.
4. All I really need now is voice actors.

Okay, well you've fixed one problem in that you are now doing something, and you have an animator, but (and I mean this in the kindest of ways to Creator-sama) you asked for someone like one of the greatest animators on the site. That's a huge pedestal to be lifted on and big shoes to fill.

But there's still a HUGE problem here. What is your idea? You have no plan. If you want any average Joe Shmoe to try out and who is desperate for a role, then keep going, but if you want someone to pour out their true talent to you (especially someone with huge talent), you need to show that it has potential.

Sorry if I come across as rude, but in the state it is in now, I will be staying away.

Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to I wanna make a cartoon series... Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:43 PM

I agree with what everybody else has picked up on, that you've got big plans for something, but you don't have a definite idea. That'll be offputting to lots of users, especially since they can animate their own ideas and get by without your input.

Have another go later, when you've written up a short script, say a minute cartoon so that it's not demanding and it gives you a taster. Hopefully an animator will latch onto that kind of project.

At 1/2/13 12:10 PM, ElectricLightKitsune wrote: I'm thinking of doing a series like those of late 90's/early 00's Cartoon Network (Dexter's Lab/Ed, Ed & Eddy/Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy/Codename Kids Next Door). You know, risque humor mixed with some retarded comedy.

What I need:

BBS Signature