New Topic Respond to this Topic
WeeziMonkey
WeeziMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 05:36:02 Reply

Hi, i was trying to submit art for Newgrounds. Yesterday i tried 5 times, and just a few moments ago i tried again. When i clicked Submit it said ERROR - Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later.
Also, when i clicked upload an chose a thumbnail, the path said C:/fakepath could that be a problem?

I was trying to upload a picture of someones head on another body. May that be or Newgrounds or really only drawn art?

WeeziMonkey
WeeziMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 05:44:54 Reply

At 1/2/13 05:36 AM, WeeziMonkey wrote: Hi, i was trying to submit art for Newgrounds. Yesterday i tried 5 times, and just a few moments ago i tried again. When i clicked Submit it said ERROR - Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later.
Also, when i clicked upload an chose a thumbnail, the path said C:/fakepath could that be a problem?

:The picture i tried to submit will be included. Is that accepted for Newgrounds?

I can't submit Art

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 05:48:06 Reply

Hello, welcome to our forum. This problem regarding the art portal has been quite common, as many others are experiencing the same thing. What browser are you using? Switching browsers usually fixes it. Also, about the picture you were trying to submit. Is it a photomanipulation of some sort? Photomanipulations are not allowed in the Art Portal.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 05:49:44 Reply

You must be new to computers, let Dr.condescending teach you a thing or two:

its probably your internet connection, give the upload process a couple of moments to process your upload, there's an upload counter at the bottom left of the screen when you hover your mouse over the page, if it doesn't upload your internet must be having problems, I'm going to assume you're using wifi, wifi has a weird problem in it has inconsistent speed, please use http://www.speedtest.net/ and send me the results ill determine the problem from there.

At 1/2/13 05:36 AM, WeeziMonkey wrote: C:/fakepath could that be a problem?

that's Google chrome ensuring that your file system doesn't get compromised by malicious websites, its just a safety precaution and you shouldn't think much of it.

VulpesHilarianus
VulpesHilarianus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 06:29:47 Reply

At 1/2/13 05:36 AM, WeeziMonkey wrote: Hi, i was trying to submit art for Newgrounds. Yesterday i tried 5 times, and just a few moments ago i tried again. When i clicked Submit it said ERROR - Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Please try again later.

I was trying to upload a picture of someones head on another body. May that be or Newgrounds or really only drawn art?

Sorry if the site causes you any inconvenience. I've had my troubles with it as well. My suggestion is that you try to use Google Chrome, go to the "Submit Art" page, refresh, and then try to submit something. And as for your other question, photomanipulations are no good here. Sorry dude. We're a bit stingy about art: it has to be drawn are rendered by you, from the ground up. Photorealism is okay, photomanipulation is not. Again, I'm sorry.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 08:21:42 Reply

You could also try saving your art in a different directory on your computer. For example, uploading from the "Pictures" directory might work while a folder on the desktop might not work (or the other way around). It's a weird issue really.

BBS Signature
WeeziMonkey
WeeziMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 13:27:15 Reply

At 1/2/13 05:49 AM, M-Maher wrote: You must be new to computers, let Dr.condescending teach you a thing or two:

its probably your internet connection, give the upload process a couple of moments to process your upload, there's an upload counter at the bottom left of the screen when you hover your mouse over the page, if it doesn't upload your internet must be having problems, I'm going to assume you're using wifi, wifi has a weird problem in it has inconsistent speed, please use http://www.speedtest.net/ and send me the results ill determine the problem from there.

At 1/2/13 05:36 AM, WeeziMonkey wrote: C:/fakepath could that be a problem?
that's Google chrome ensuring that your file system doesn't get compromised by malicious websites, its just a safety precaution and you shouldn't think much of it.

Indeed, i'm using Google Chrome. I never saw an upload counter on my screen, after some moments after i choose the picture i had to choose a thumbnail and done. Also Wifi internet. Results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2409085226.png
(I did that when i was upstairs, and our internet has not much range, like 2/3 bars upstairs)

To the others: Thanks for replying. The picture was the head of a real picture, photoshopped on another real one.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 21:10:52 Reply

At 1/2/13 01:27 PM, WeeziMonkey wrote: stuff

SPOT ON, I'm kinda impressed of my own accuracy, but anyway, its not your speed, I have near enough a lower speed than that and I make do, no, its probably your wifi and you should make an effort to boost it somehow.

now theres a couple of things that can be attributed to that, tin foil behind your broadband hub's antenna for example, sure you'll look like a conspiracy theorist but in the end its worth it, also mothing your hub to a more central location in your home or getting closer to the hub, you should come up with something that suits you most, if you have a smart phone, check if it has a tethering function, I have a HTC android phone i use for internet tethering, quite useful as it has a larger range than my PCI network card.

Migashi
Migashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-01-02 21:31:58 Reply

I actually find that if I hang around taking my sweet time in the commentary field while uploading, it'll throw me an error. My issue is always fixed by copy/pasting the commentary reloading and uploading the page.

And I'm using Win 7, FF, and using my neighbor's wifi connection... so it's pretty slow

BBS Signature
hreyas
hreyas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to I can't submit Art 2013-06-26 06:19:16 Reply

Nope ,what you are doing is photo editing kind of thing and what Newgrounds requires is the creative potent represented by the artworks of the users. It isn't, necessary that it should be original but your artwork should posses clarity so that people understand what are you trying to say.and as far as submission is concerned yes there may be some problem at a particular time but you should keep trying until your artwork gets finally submitted.all the best. :)

................................................................ .....................................................................................