BattleGrounds
BattleGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-01 12:31:28 Reply

<<<<<<THIS IS THE OFFICIAL BATTLEGROUNDS PAGE

It is an annual Newgrounds-sponsored hip hop competition, featuring an emcee battle tournament, a producer competition, and an art competition. The battle tournament will start in April, and NG will award prizes to the winners of each contest!

Be sure to follow this account for all information regarding the competition. I will be updating regularly, and I'm accepting all art and instrumental submissions right now! Feel free to ask questions/give suggestions in this thread.

CHECK IT OUT!

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-02 02:34:06 Reply

At 1/1/13 12:31 PM, BattleGrounds wrote: <<<<<<THIS IS THE OFFICIAL BATTLEGROUNDS PAGE

Ok I guess I'll ask...

Who are you?
What do you mean by Newgrounds-Sponsored?
Is this related to Clabtrap?
And, are there official rules already set?

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-02 02:47:49 Reply

"BattleGrounds" is actually the user Teqneek.

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-02 02:54:36 Reply

At 1/2/13 02:47 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: "BattleGrounds" is actually the user Teqneek.

I figured it was related to Clabtrap, but it seemed like it could have been a random rival competition.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
BattleGrounds
BattleGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-02 06:44:09 Reply

At 1/2/13 02:54 AM, krssvr wrote:
At 1/2/13 02:47 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: "BattleGrounds" is actually the user Teqneek.
I figured it was related to Clabtrap, but it seemed like it could have been a random rival competition.

Yep. I'm Teqneek, and I'm hosting this because Big Red (Clabtrap) is nowhere to be found and is not answering messages from Tom Fulp or myself. After trying to get a hold of Red to no avail, I asked Tom if he'd be opposed to me hosting this year's comp, and he gave me the go-ahead (unless Red wanted to host, in which case I'd gladly hand the reins over, but his return doesn't seem likely).

This is essentially Clabtrap, but Red owns the rights to that name so we had to change it. I'll answer any other questions you guys have when I get home from work, so ask away!

BattleGrounds
BattleGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-02 06:49:27 Reply

Oh, and what I mean by "Newgrounds-sponsored" is that the competition is going to be held on NG, and the site will be furnishing the prizes. It's a Newgrounds contest, and the BattleGrounds name belongs to Newgrounds as far as I'm concerned.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-05 13:44:54 Reply

I'm recruiting producers (and potential Newgrounders) on Reddit now, and I'd really appreciate it if you guys could go and upvote THIS THREAD. Maybe even throw down a comment or something to help build hype for the comp.

The more we work together to hype this competition, the bigger and better it will get. Thanks!

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to BattleGrounds 2013! 2013-01-05 14:56:01 Reply

WELL, BIG RED IS BACK, and like I said, if that happened I'd hand the keys back to him. All BattleGrounds beats should be sent to him at bigred.newgrounds.com