New Topic Respond to this Topic
LacesLawless
LacesLawless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Grammy Amplifier Contest Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 08:47 AM Reply

I don't know if anyone knows about this, but on Soundcloud.com, you can upload one song to this Grammy-sponsored music contest that will put you in the running to be Tweeted about and shared on Facebook by big-name musicians, if your song gets a certain number of views. It's a great opportunity, one that I have already taken advantage of (link to mine below). If you've been wanting that chance to prove what you're worth, here it is, ladies and gentlemen.

Main Information Page
http://www.grammyamplifier.com/app/about

My Grammy Amplifier page
http://grm.my/UB84F6

Grammy Amplifier Contest

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Grammy Amplifier Contest Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 02:07 PM Reply

So, what does this "amplifier" actually does? How it works and how much helped you?

LacesLawless
LacesLawless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Grammy Amplifier Contest Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:48 PM Reply

As far as the About section helps me, it seems that you share your Amplify page with all your listeners, and if you get x number of views, or "Amplifies," your song is sent to a group of higher-ranking music moguls, or already-famous musicians, one or the other. Either way, it vastly increases your chances of being noticed by someone who can change your life, basically. The "Amplifies" thing is just a firewall to keep out all the n00bs with less than ten fans on Facebook, I think. They want serious people for this. But I'm just informing you guys, I don't claim that this actually works, or that it's a sure-fire way to promote your songs instantly. I figured if anyone was serious about their music on this website, they'd like to know about it. I was sure excited when I saw it.

I entered one of my songs, but I'm sure my fanbase is not yet large enough to net enough Amps for me to actually get noticed, but who knows? You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't grab.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Grammy Amplifier Contest Jan. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:37 AM Reply

At 1/2/13 08:48 PM, LacesLawless wrote: You miss 100% of the opportunities you don't grab.

True.

I am a bit concerned to share my page as in give my password and allow an app to post in my name, especially when I have similar passwords on other pages. I would like to see some real life experiences before.