Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 03:49 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 1/1/13 08:06 PM, ScarletVelvet wrote: Tvtropes sucks, The admins there can shove that "No real life examples" shit.
They have that rule for some articles because it'd only cause edit warring and real people bashing without it.

Fixed. Fuck.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 08:52 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 3/5/13 03:49 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 1/1/13 08:06 PM, ScarletVelvet wrote: Tvtropes sucks, The admins there can shove that "No real life examples" shit.
They have that rule for some articles because it'd only cause edit warring and real people bashing without it.
Fixed. Fuck.

Its still really bad. I remember when there was the peoples real life examples on another page (cant remember what its called now lol) and it was of people who couldnt spell sharing their unfunny stories. Then the forums are full of idiots, and the fact they go on anti-pedo witch hunts against animated shows and comics for no particular reason.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 09:00 PM Reply

All of reddits defaults, plus some of the larger subreddits. Their general feeling of entitlement, prejudice, and pretentiousness is just awful.

As for the rests of reddit, they may not produce much original content, but they can be informative, interesting, and cast light on angles and subjects I otherwise wouldn't have thought about.

BBS Signature
ExpletiveDeleted
ExpletiveDeleted
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 09:04 PM, shitposter wrote: i bitch about this community all the time. it's pretty bad

aaaand i already posted in this thread. fuck

F**k.
YES I AM HECTICJON'S ALT ACCOUNT

BBS Signature
TheGrim
TheGrim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 01:47 AM Reply

9gag, le reddit, Roblox, Minecraft forums (Was good until the 10 year olds moved in), and that's it. I would say 4chan, but I genuinely enjoy the place; there's something about the pure absurdity of it that cracks me up. Plus the BBS we have here is just a mildly toned-down /b/, 90% of the people here spew hate left and right for no apparent reason, the only difference between you guys and Anon is that they don't censor what they say or post.

But yeah, 4chan and NG are pretty good in the scheme of things.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 07:52 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 01:47 AM, TheGrim wrote: I would say 4chan, but I genuinely enjoy the place; there's something about the pure absurdity of it that cracks me up. Plus the BBS we have here is just a mildly toned-down /b/, 90% of the people here spew hate left and right for no apparent reason, the only difference between you guys and Anon is that they don't censor what they say or post.

/b/ sucks, why would you go there? And why are you using the word anon as a noun?

IGreenI
IGreenI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Gearbox forums are really sad. There are a few members over there who are genuinely good/funny people, but the majority of em would fucking drown in a teaspoon of water. They're so frail.

Also, most all religious/spiritual forums preach tolerance and acceptance, but when I raise one simple question as to why someone like me, a straight man, is looked down upon in society if I think buttsex between 2 men is fucking gross, they're all like , OMFG THIS HIMOPHO DOESNT GET IT...

Oh I get it alright, butt sex is gross and they're just to afraid to admit it aloud. Probably cuz they are in fact a little homo themselves.

Amirite?

I tried, later then.

Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 08:32 AM Reply

Youtube, Habbo, Facebook, and a lot of Twitter.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 09:08 AM Reply

The league of legends community is pretty abhorrent.

BBS Signature
samuelclemens
samuelclemens
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:19 AM Reply

A lot of people seem to be confusing /b/ with every single board on 4chan.

I haven't gone to /b/ in at least 2 years because there are so many good boards on 4chan. /b/ is terrible.

I've been recommended some dope video games on /v/. My roommate is now completely jacked because he's spent time on /fit/. What I'm saying is those boards have a purpose.

Also, Newgrounds may have a better layout but I'll be damned if we don't breed just as many social retards as 9gag/reddit/etc.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:19 AM, samuelclemens wrote: A lot of people seem to be confusing /b/ with every single board on 4chan.

I haven't gone to /b/ in at least 2 years because there are so many good boards on 4chan. /b/ is terrible.

Im not sure why people do that, most of the boards are of better quality than newgrounds forum.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 1/1/13 04:27 AM, Nick2292 wrote:
At 1/1/13 04:14 AM, Buxom wrote:
This is also my answer. YouTube must have some of the worst people commenting on it. I feel like it's the only place i can go where everything and anything turns into a discussion about how "America is the worst country" "Fuck cops" and "9/11 was an inside job".

Yes, this grasped my attention as it completely sums up the majority of YouTube comments. That pisses me off. America is only labelled as the worst country because people focus on it's problems more than other countries problems and totally emphasise them. Cops are basically paid community members to keep your neighbourhoods clean. An don't even mention those fuckin' September 11 "Truthers" they're so damn stubborn.

People rant about Newgrounds community sometimes, but you know what? I think it's a splendid community. There can be totally stupid, bitchy people but for the most part I don't feel like I'm surrounded by 8 year olds the entire time like I am on places like Gaia, Reddit and others. If I could choose somewhere on the Internet to live, it'd be Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:57 PM Reply

/b/
r/WTF
r/Anonymous
minecraftforum.net
HackForums gaming circle jerks
/x/
Ebaumsworld
Kongregate

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
Mendou
Mendou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:59 PM Reply

The worst community I have ever seen by far is the WoW community.

Never in my life have I seen so much nerdrage over an MMORPG, nerdrage that is in fact mostly genuine.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 03:57 PM, Elitistinen wrote: /b/
r/WTF
r/Anonymous
minecraftforum.net
/x/
Ebaumsworld
Kongregate

Add TVTropes to that and you have the most perfect list so far.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 08:32 AM, Satan wrote: Youtube, Habbo, Facebook, and a lot of Twitter.

Basically all the big communities. :/

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Sonic fanboys are by far the most obnoxious people online.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Satan
Satan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/6/13 08:32 AM, Satan wrote: Youtube, Habbo, Facebook, and a lot of Twitter.
Basically all the big communities. :/

Unfortunately, yes, I was actually a part of two of them for a very long time, I still use Twitter from time to time, though, if you look in the right places, it's easy to avoid the immaturity.

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, BumFodder wrote:
r/WTF
r/Anonymous
minecraftforum.net
/x/
Ebaumsworld
Kongregate

And add 9gag for more perfection.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
lion9031
lion9031
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 05:44 PM Reply

I can't believe no one has said club penguin.
It's full of idiot 8 year olds having "dates".
Like the roblox community but 2d.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 04:18 PM, creepyboy wrote:
At 3/6/13 04:06 PM, BumFodder wrote:
r/WTF
r/Anonymous
minecraftforum.net
/x/
Ebaumsworld
Kongregate
And add 9gag for more perfection.

How did I forget 9gag?

dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

9gag, reddit's default subreddits, youtube (it has pretty good content but most users are retarded as fuck), call of duty, bronies

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 09:08 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: The league of legends community is pretty abhorrent.

Ah, well since this thread seems to have been dragged back up some how, I'd say League of Legends is pretty fucking bad. They're one of the few communities where they're real time comments in game are worse than a lot of their threads, save when they're fighting over what champ is better at what.

And all those fucking Spanish speakers that can't speak a lick of English makes it hell to communicate properly. I mean, I think everyone should know a bit of Spanish myself but fuck me at least TRY to speak English.

The Elitism is really really fucking bad in that game though. Seriously, you die a couple times and they label you as a horrible player and the reason why they keep dying. And if you run from a fight you KNOW you will lose they get pissed if the enemy ends up killing them as you escape, like you should have thrown yourself in front of the enemy to save them. All the while they're sporting some easy as fuck champ like Yi or Darius or some other bullshit OP AD champ. Seriously, get over yourself, fucking pricks...

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:24 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Ah, well since this thread seems to have been dragged back up some how, I'd say League of Legends is pretty fucking bad. They're one of the few communities where they're real time comments in game are worse than a lot of their threads, save when they're fighting over what champ is better at what.

well the good thing is that Dota 2 is better and the community isnt as bad

Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:30 PM Reply

I may have said this before, Cracked articles are ok, but their community is full of meme spouting idiots.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:30 PM, Nor wrote: I may have said this before, Cracked articles are ok, but their community is full of meme spouting idiots.

And their articles arent even always ok. Some of them are poorly written and then they mention something offhandedly and put a caption with text underneath it which is like family guy tier comedy.

captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

bronies
tumblr
reddit
facebook

in that order

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Worst Online Communities Mar. 7th, 2013 @ 12:51 AM Reply

9gag. It's a place where all generic virgins/forever alone teenage pseudo-intellectuals kids whine about women, make-up mysoginist stereotypes, circle-jerk around bad comedy tv shows from the US, worship stupid pop icons or shitty movie/tv shows characters who are usually womenizers/cynic/wannabe-clever dickwads.

They like their stuff a lot. They play shitty over-commercial videogames, objectify women like Emma Watson (who should definitely be scared, btw) while doing the same unfunny Jessica Parker jokes over and over again. They hate on hipsters and "the new generation" but they have no clue how generic, unoriginal and silly they are. They have no idea how to use memes (Socially awkward penguin =/= sexually awkward penguin).

And they repost... they repost... and repost... and repost the same fucking shit all the time. And worst of all... is that they revote up... revote up... the same fucking posts over again...