00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Online Communities

6,631 Views | 69 Replies

Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 02:50:35

What are the worst Online communities that you have EVER had to put up with? The ones that you have seen or perhaps even had to interact with and thought "man, what a bunch of *insert explicit word*"

A lot of you might say Newgrounds, but let me say this first: This place isn't the greatest, but you have to be pretty sensitive to get so butt hurt over the community that you'd want to bitch about it. Trust me, there are way way worse sites. Just my opinion though.

The one of the communities I hate the most are, wait for it...YouTube. Yep, pretty fucking annoying, I wish there was a "Turn off Comments Section" button. It's true that you don't HAVE to scroll down but when you're looking through the suggested videos, it's hard not to see those obnoxious "# dislike this because___" Or "I'm ## years old and I LOVE THIS OLDER MUSIC. RESPECT MEEE!!" Also those response videos and ALLL the AMV Naruto videos need to disappear from my Music video search selections for sooo many reasons.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 02:52:27

Reddit, 9gag, gaia, and Spriter's Resource.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 02:53:48

deviantart. Nothing is worst than bad artists who thing they're hot shit.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 03:18:59

ROBLOX's community.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 03:36:15

The Halo section of reddit, and the Halo community in general.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 03:47:02

Ironnoob

At 1/1/13 03:18 AM, Gimmick wrote: ROBLOX's community.

and Minecraft, can't forgot Minecraft's elitist community

filler text

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:14:42

Youtube is by far the worst. I cannot watch a single video without some ass mentioning Skrillex or Justin Bieber.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:15:13

Pretty much every community is terrible because their is always groups of idiots and retards who feel the need to ruin it. Sadly this will never change, but some of the worst has to be 9gag, reddit, and minecraft.

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:22:17

At 1/1/13 04:15 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/1/13 04:14 AM, Buxom wrote: Youtube is by far the worst. I cannot watch a single video without some ass mentioning Skrillex or Justin Bieber.
It's really not bad. They're actually really humorous.

I have a really hard time finding anything funny a lot of the time, comment wise.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:26:04

The Minecraft forum, yuck.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:27:48

At 1/1/13 04:14 AM, Buxom wrote: Youtube is by far the worst. I cannot watch a single video without some ass mentioning Skrillex or Justin Bieber.

This is also my answer. YouTube must have some of the worst people commenting on it. I feel like it's the only place i can go where everything and anything turns into a discussion about how "America is the worst country" "Fuck cops" and "9/11 was an inside job".

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:41:26

Tumblr's Social Justice Warrior participants make me want to go back on time and nuke whatever crowd of monkeys evolved into humans in the first place.

They're not just entitled and obnoxious, their entire gameplan is so idiotic they've caused 100 headaches for every problem they haven't solved. Every instance they've exacerbated, every ideal they've corrupted, every comment they've exploded into single-handedly tearing apart society, and they've done nothing but reinforce what pathetic preachy motherfuckers they are.

Here's to humanity, guys.

Worst Online Communities

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 04:59:55

Youtube can be fine sometimes yet at other times, mostly on videos with a lot of views, people just randomly start yelling at each other for absolutely no reason. It isn't the good kind of arguments either like are always enjoyable but rather just a bunch of childish whining because someone has a different view to them.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 05:24:43

Out of all the parts of the internet I've been on youtube has the worst community. The community isn't too bad but it certianly is the worst I've been on.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 06:11:27

Habbo.

If Angry Birds could be considered the pride of Finland, Habbo would be it's shame.

Many of the members are nowhere near the intended age, or way over it. Also, if you want to decorate your room, be prepared to sacrifice your own money. Hell, you'll need money to do pretty much ANYTHING on Habbo.

It's sickening.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 06:16:25

NG, Reddit, 9fag. 4chan...

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 08:22:51

Reddit, which is my main community, probably pisses me off the most. It's filled with casual sexism and racism but tries to play it off like they're the front running liberal community of the internet. Which happens a ton on sites like this one, but it's kind of assumed you're all thirteen year old boys, which doesn't excuse it, but makes it more understandable.

Also the NewGrounds community was way better when people were on here daily asking for cartoons to smoke weed to.

those were the glory days

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 08:35:03

the 9gag "army".

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 08:39:22

Youtube, Reddit, worldstarhiphop, rapmusic, gaia, WoW's community and 9gag.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 09:24:40

Youtube. Every video I see is littered with Minecraft fanboys, asking for Minecraft. Top comments consist of a '"Quote from video"', or someone actually putting "'Quote from the video', there, now I can get top comment" or some other smug shite. Trolls that say 'u mad' are celebrated there and they all guffaw at it, even though it's not funny in the slightest. The mass majority of people (tweens) that go on YouTube are retarded, pouting cunts that watch RayWilliamJohnson, PewDiePie, Syndicate and other such shit.

A community I used to visit was Purified RP or something like that; it was a Garry's Mod community; and they were corrupt as fuck. Total arseholes. They're gone now though, their server owner had a mental breakdown after swindling a 12 year old out of fifty quid to pay for the server; and the server shut down anyway due to lack of VIP cash coming in. Good.

The owner was a bald, fat cunt who still lived with his parents, and was a self righteous tool. Heard him arguing with his parents down the mic once; he called his dad a 'tit head' after his dad asked him to open the window as 'the room stunk of pizza'. Basically, he tried to act cool to his friends (bunch of cunts too) down the mic, and ended up getting his PS3 taken off him for a month.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 09:28:38

Newgrounds, as of the moment of this thread.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 09:50:50

Cod, youtube, reddit

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 09:52:33

At 1/1/13 03:36 AM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: The Halo section of reddit, and the Halo community in general.

As much as I like halo, I have to agree.

Also you should see /jp/ during something like comiket and stuff like that its an absolute shitfest. The other day I saw atleast 200 posts get deleted during one day.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 10:01:09

Came in to post "youtube". OP ruined one of my first posts of 2013.

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 11:37:13

At 1/1/13 11:08 AM, kanef wrote:
but habbo got raided back in july 2006. so it's irrelevant.

So? It's still around, so it's still utter shit.

Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 11:39:08

At 1/1/13 02:52 AM, Chdonga wrote: Reddit, 9gag, gaia, and Spriter's Resource.

9gag is not a community. And why do you say reddit and spriter's resource? Reddit has different subreddits with different communities and Spriter's resource seems like an useful site to me. Nothing is really wrong with the forums, or what?

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 11:51:21

At 1/1/13 11:39 AM, Dragen wrote:
At 1/1/13 02:52 AM, Chdonga wrote: Reddit, 9gag, gaia, and Spriter's Resource.
9gag is not a community. And why do you say reddit and spriter's resource? Reddit has different subreddits with different communities and Spriter's resource seems like an useful site to me. Nothing is really wrong with the forums, or what?

You must have never been on the spriter's resource community. The main site is fine, but the forums are terrible.
It's very small and exclusive, full of elitist pricks. If you want to learn how to sprite, you should go on Pixeljoint.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 12:16:49

At 1/1/13 11:51 AM, Chdonga wrote: You must have never been on the spriter's resource community. The main site is fine, but the forums are terrible.
It's very small and exclusive, full of elitist pricks. If you want to learn how to sprite, you should go on Pixeljoint.

I haven't been to the forum much, so I haven't really noticed anything special about it. The way it's organized is fine at least.

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 13:24:23

Ditto about what somebody else said about DeviantART. Even though I am currently still a member. I've gotten stalked/harassed over some of the dumbest stuff... "You don't draw your dragons the way I do! My way is perfect! YOU MUST DIE!!!" Just... what? Really? Is it honestly worth stalking me for eight months just for that? Can these people really not think of any better way to waste their time?

Maybe it would be better if the site were a bit smaller and the moderation staff more sensible; I don't even want to try talking to them about any problems I might have because of the stupid crap they've pulled in the past. Like when they penalized Brett Booth because some creep blamed him for stealing their artwork, which obviously didn't happen... he ended up leaving DA over it. If a successful, published comic artist who works on stuff like Anita Blake and Marvel gets that kind of treatment, it doesn't give me high hopes.

The only other communities I've had trouble with are dead now, or the people responsible for making it that way "disappeared", so I can't really complain. Wow, that sounded more sinister than it was supposed to.

I make stuff like this and this with these people. And sometimes I make cute games too.

Response to Worst Online Communities 2013-01-01 13:30:21

Suprised no-one has said the League of Legends community.
Full of people raging at each other for the tiniest mistake. Dunning-krüger effect everywhere ..

BBS Signature