Support NATA 2014

Gun confiscation

  • 4,659 Views
  • 218 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:16 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/15/13 09:02 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's a cop out BS excuse and you know it.
But aren't you always saying how America is fascist and dictator?

Your not locked up in a FEMA camp yet are you LOL. You still have many options on how to conduct yourself.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:21 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Your not locked up in a FEMA camp yet are you LOL. You still have many options on how to conduct yourself.

Only the methods that the govt. says is okay.

See, unlike you selfish liberals, I actually care about people other than myself. So my current situation is irrelevant, as there are many people who are currently locked up in camps.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 07:18 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 05:46 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: You can also make bombs and poison and traps but why would you or course you could just lock the fucking door like a normal person. Less guns among people means less crime. Guns are for uneducated rednecks and otherwise general ignoramuses and plebs even. I have nary the use of a gun in 28 years on this planet although I will admit I do have a Bow that I keep around in case I ever need to hunt game as a food source.

* You're right! Locking your door will protect you against bomb blast, chemical clouds, and someone breaking in through the window!
* Also, I'm so glad you're hear dispensing your wisdom to us poor, uneducated rednecks who have grown up around guns, have an understanding of the science involved with ballistics, and might just have advanced degrees in a field relevant to the actual social science that shows the opposite trend of 'less guns means less crime' is a reality.

You, Sir are a fool.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 07:23 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 05:57 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Sick of all these morons with more egos than brains talking like they are John Wayne.

I'm sick of all these morons with more egos than brains talking like they are the Albert Einstein of guns, crime, and how these two relate to public policy when they don't know the first thing about the subject they are pontificating on!


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 08:23 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:16 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/15/13 09:02 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's a cop out BS excuse and you know it.
But aren't you always saying how America is fascist and dictator?

Honestly since he doesn't even live here his opinion shouldn't even count.


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:28 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/15/13 11:21 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Your not locked up in a FEMA camp yet are you LOL. You still have many options on how to conduct yourself.
Only the methods that the govt. says is okay.

Allot of those rules set and enforced by the government are for legit public safety man.

See, unlike you selfish liberals, I actually care about people other than myself. So my current situation is irrelevant, as there are many people who are currently locked up in camps.

I am not a liberal LOL I am not a politician and I don't even follow politics. You also might want to ask yourself why some people are locked up. I am not saying the government is not corrupt cause it is I am just saying that you still have options and that includes fleeing the country instead of banging your head on concrete complaining about things that will not change.


BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 05:11 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 1/15/13 05:01 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: If all of the guns suddenly disappeared, wouldn't that make things better? All the guns, everywhere.

Answer that.
Nope because people can make zip guns easily and how is better for people who are weaker defending themselves.

The question was not, "If guns were gone what weapons could you make from scratch."

I find that the ONLY argument for having a weapon is because OTHER people have them. Isn't it?

That's fucking retarded.

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:33 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: I find that the ONLY argument for having a weapon is because OTHER people have them. Isn't it?

That's fucking retarded.

...and that my good sir, is why Americans are known as the paranoid warmongers of the world.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:02 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: I am not a liberal LOL

Yeah, you are.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:16 PM Reply

Apparently Alex Jones has a new conspiracy floating around and Sandy Hook. Too bad he has the journalistic prose of a romatic literature author (Think Moby Dick and Scarlet Letter, not romance novel). I tried watching his video and after 5 minutes of blah blah blah, I got tired and decided the remaining 30 minutes would be largely a waste of time. Anybody have a written report of this so I can see how far off the deep end Jones has gone?

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:16 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Apparently Alex Jones has a new conspiracy floating around and Sandy Hook. ...

Jones on his show was the smartest thing Piers Morgan could do. Jones makes Morgan sound intelligent and reasonable by comparison, despite Morgan's ignorance and bloody shirt journalism.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 02:10 PM, TheMason wrote: Jones on his show was the smartest thing Piers Morgan could do. Jones makes Morgan sound intelligent and reasonable by comparison, despite Morgan's ignorance and bloody shirt journalism.

No this is different. I've seen that and that was small and more of a rant by Alex Jones. He's got a new set of youtube videos out (ranging from 'painfully long' to 'please kill me') that point to how the Sandy Hook shooting is a lie and a cover up. I wasn;t able to sit through all of the terrible editing to get to his ultimate conspiracy (which I'm guessing is that the Democrats concocted Sandy Hook to divert people away from the truth about 9/11... no wait... I mean to get gun control laws. Well, either the Democrats or the Jews.) I'm just curious to see what far fetched claims he makes this time and what scientific inaccuaracies he gloms on to.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:33 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: The question was not, "If guns were gone what weapons could you make from scratch."

Your question is an entirely flawed premise though, because if 100% of all weapons were to just vanish, then the seedy element would instantly go into making them.

I find that the ONLY argument for having a weapon is because OTHER people have them. Isn't it?

Which is one hell of a reason. I come at some old lady with a knife or bat and she doesn't have a firearm, I win almost 100% of the time. I believe that it shouldn't come down to who the bigger fish is.

That's fucking retarded.

No it isn't. Barring extreme circumstances or training, if there's a noticeable size margin, you lose. I do not believe that there is some moral high ground in shuffling the death by firearm categories into the other categories. While it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy, all it does is mean more people get stabbed, bludgeoned, strangled, etc


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 06:45 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 1/16/13 12:33 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: The question was not, "If guns were gone what weapons could you make from scratch."
Your question is an entirely flawed premise though, because if 100% of all weapons were to just vanish, then the seedy element would instantly go into making them.

Wouldn't nations do that too. What if not only the thing itself, but the memory of the thing was erased. How about that. I'm aware this is fantasy. I'm just trying to pinpoint the true sentiment for wanting a weapon. I stopped thinking they were cool when I was 12. I use a camera as a weapon. It's mightier.


I find that the ONLY argument for having a weapon is because OTHER people have them. Isn't it?
Which is one hell of a reason. I come at some old lady with a knife or bat and she doesn't have a firearm, I win almost 100% of the time. I believe that it shouldn't come down to who the bigger fish is.

Whose the bigger fish, the old lady who has succeeded in life or the desparate criminal.


That's fucking retarded.
No it isn't. Barring extreme circumstances or training, if there's a noticeable size margin, you lose. I do not believe that there is some moral high ground in shuffling the death by firearm categories into the other categories. While it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy, all it does is mean more people get stabbed, bludgeoned, strangled, etc

Yes, all violence is wrong. It's like saying that there's no point in boycotting McDonalds.

And it doesn't make me feel good, it makes me angry, that the concept of good self worth is sullied by this weapon culture. It's the same with material possessions. COnfiscation won't change that, no. It has to come from you, you have to make the choice and say that something is wrong.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

**Sigh** I will probably have to take out that loan.. I just looked up the prices of ARs and it went up by 50% because of that bastard Obama I better get them before they are banned.

let see the cost of AR Varients are 500-1.3K
handgun anything from $300-1K (depending if you have expensive taste
sniper rifle 2K-5K
hunting rifle $300-$800
Shotgun 300-$600

for 25K I could get quite a bit now I just have to find a gun show so there is no government paper work.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:33 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Wouldn't nations do that too. What if not only the thing itself, but the memory of the thing was erased. How about that. I'm aware this is fantasy. I'm just trying to pinpoint the true sentiment for wanting a weapon. I stopped thinking they were cool when I was 12. I use a camera as a weapon. It's mightier.

Sure, if we found a way to eliminate 100% of weapons, the ability to make them, the ability for larger people to use their body as a weapon, and the memory of weapons, then there would be no need for weapons of any sort beyond recreation.

Whose the bigger fish, the old lady who has succeeded in life or the desparate criminal.

Definitely the criminal. Moral high ground means jack shit when someone is a threat.

Yes, all violence is wrong. It's like saying that there's no point in boycotting McDonalds.

No, not all violence is wrong. There is justifiable acts of violence. Self-defense and defense of another are two pretty big ones.

And it doesn't make me feel good, it makes me angry, that the concept of good self worth is sullied by this weapon culture. It's the same with material possessions. COnfiscation won't change that, no. It has to come from you, you have to make the choice and say that something is wrong.

What you're imagining is a utopian dream world that without some form of thought police or totalitarian dictatorship, just will not happen. Weapons, especially firearms, help equalize the prey and predator.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:07 PM Reply

Isn't impossible to equalize? Isn't the point of a happy/sad, evil/good society to have unequal things in existence?

If a revolution takes over a tyranny, those revolutionaries become the next tyrants.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:07 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Isn't impossible to equalize? Isn't the point of a happy/sad, evil/good society to have unequal things in existence?

If a revolution takes over a tyranny, those revolutionaries become the next tyrants.

maybe but what the democrats and Obama is doing is tyranny, overriding and bypassing Congress to violate our second amendment in our constitution is vile. and at least after the revolution it might be better off.

JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:11 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/16/13 11:07 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Isn't impossible to equalize? Isn't the point of a happy/sad, evil/good society to have unequal things in existence?

If a revolution takes over a tyranny, those revolutionaries become the next tyrants.
maybe but what the democrats and Obama is doing is tyranny, overriding and bypassing Congress to violate our second amendment in our constitution is vile. and at least after the revolution it might be better off.

I suppose everything is relevant. But that's ridiculous, by any standards. How is this a tyranny? Capitalism is perhaps something that caters to corporations.

Materials, and our way of life, is what destroys you. Not the government.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:15 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: I suppose everything is relevant. But that's ridiculous, by any standards. How is this a tyranny? Capitalism is perhaps something that caters to corporations.

A government that kills people in sovereign nations, for no reason, is tyranny. A government that infringes on human rights, is tyrannical. A government that puts military power over the power of the people is tyrannical. A government that puts bankers and corporations over the people, is tyrannical.

By the way, capitalism does not cater to corporations. That's crony capitalism, and it isn't even close to the same tihng.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:30 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:15 PM, JackPhantasm wrote:
I suppose everything is relevant. But that's ridiculous, by any standards. How is this a tyranny?

its about the right of the People to Bear and Keep Arms, and the right cannot be infringed, and its being infringed upon. by these unessecary regulations they are going to pass.

Capitalism is perhaps something that caters to corporations.

horrible comparison, I love how then people just trail off and make some stupid comparison

Materials, and our way of life, is what destroys you. Not the government.

no its about exercising our rights, to defend ourselves in our home from intruders, to hinder a tyrannical government. and I beg to differ just look at the economy and state of the country its because of the idiots in the government with reckless spending and think they can just print off more spending while borrowing money from china then raise the debt ceiling telling us " don't worry it will be alright" its just a matter of time before the economy collapses.

the current government is setting us up to fucking fail and SURPRISE that ruins lives just look at the housing crisis when they decided to deregulate the sector innocent people had their houses unjustly forclosed on them, or what about drone strikes killing innocent people in the middle east? (though I could care less just using as a example)

JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:24 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/16/13 11:15 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: I suppose everything is relevant. But that's ridiculous, by any standards. How is this a tyranny? Capitalism is perhaps something that caters to corporations.
A government that kills people in sovereign nations, for no reason, is tyranny.

Plenty of reasons for that, all wrong though.

A government that infringes on human rights, is tyrannical. A government that puts military power over the power of the people is tyrannical. A government that puts bankers and corporations over the people, is tyrannical.

What are you going to do about it.


By the way, capitalism does not cater to corporations. That's crony capitalism, and it isn't even close to the same tihng.

I'd say corporations and big business have the upperhand, I guess I should just use the word "market." Capitalism is too specific a term.

At 1/16/13 11:30 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
its about the right of the People to Bear and Keep Arms, and the right cannot be infringed, and its being infringed upon. by these unessecary regulations they are going to pass.

There already was a ban before Bush let it expire I think, right? I guess I find your tone more bothersome than what you're actually saying.


horrible comparison, I love how then people just trail off and make some stupid comparison

Tyranny and the abuse of the free market by corporations doesn't seem that far off.


Materials, and our way of life, is what destroys you. Not the government.
no its about exercising our rights, to defend ourselves in our home from intruders, to hinder a tyrannical government. and I beg to differ just look at the economy and state of the country its because of the idiots in the government with reckless spending and think they can just print off more spending while borrowing money from china then raise the debt ceiling telling us " don't worry it will be alright" its just a matter of time before the economy collapses.

Money doesn't exist. It's something the government made up. Have you ever been intruded upon?


the current government is setting us up to fucking fail and SURPRISE that ruins lives just look at the housing crisis when they decided to deregulate the sector innocent people had their houses unjustly forclosed on them, or what about drone strikes killing innocent people in the middle east? (though I could care less just using as a example)

Businesses set up the housing crisis. I think we can all agree that lobbyists control that game of regulation.

I would guess you'd be in support of drones, after all, they're weapons.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:49 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Plenty of reasons for that, all wrong though.

Ok, well the current govt's excuse it "their government is different than ours"

What are you going to do about it.

I vote. Protest. And if a govt stooge/DoHS freak tries to arrest me without probable cause, I'll kill him

Of course in the way the founders intended, this wouldn't be an issue, as they wouldn't be cunts. If we had equal power, as intended...

I'd say corporations and big business have the upperhand, I guess I should just use the word "market." Capitalism is too specific a term.

I agree. However, this is only possible when corporations are allowed to buy the govt.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 02:12 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:52 AM, LemonCrush wrote: The Bill of Rights? That doesn't mean shit to the government anymore, clearly, as many amendments are frequently overridden.

Where and when? The Patriot Act does trample or seemingly trample on many rights (mostly ones about privacy), but a lot of what I anticipate you're going to quote is still illegal.

There is hardly any limit. In case you haven't noticed, the government currently dictated what we eat, who we can marry, what we can own, dictates what we must buy, and dictates what consenting adults can consume. Fuck that shit. Not to mention the fucking Gestapo you have to deal with everytime you wanna fly somewhere...and thier insane amount of machine guns.

The TSA are not the Gestapo. You are doing it again, taking legitimate criticisms and dramatizing them thus harming your otherwise valid points.

Do you really need examples? There's an entire prison only a few miles away from florida, housing 100's of prisoners with no trial or due process.

Yes, and the President has repeatedly promised to close it, but yeah, at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

It's now a legal requirement to give money to large corporations/conglomerates.

Are you talking about the affordable care act? It's basically just what we were doing already with car insurance. But I would have prefered universal healthcare myself.

We;re bombing every country that looks at us wrong.

Not every one. But too many yes.

It has gotten exponentially worse since the Bush adminstration, and will continue to do so.

I think if you actually look at Obama's record you'll see he's started to right some of those mistakes, but many are still in place. Hopefully it gets better.

OK, what makes him different? What exactly prevents him from becoming a dictator?

The Constitution and his stated beliefs and following of executive order and attempts to work with Congress. The rest I won't dignify. You're frankly an idiot if you can't see how this President or any Pres is different from Hitler.

It could happen. They have the power.

No they don't. You're just making shit up now. Or listening to Alex Jones. I'm not dignifying conspiracy theories.

A) The loans weren't actually repaid (look back to your "actual events vs. media" argument)

The auto industry has by almost every report I've read. Most banks have paid it back, and with interest.

B) There should be ZERO link between industry and the government

So it would have been better to let those industries fail and cause a depression? Ok...

Oh ok. Murdering people is okay, as long as the technology is different. Got it.

You made an absurd statement, I pointed out the absurdity. War is not the same as murder, but HOW one makes war is a legitimate subject for criticism.

Name a time when the government was given an inch, but didn't take a mile

That's not how this works. You argue the slippery slope, I point out it's fallacy. These are facts.

We don't agree here, what are you taling about?

The fact that it seems we do in principal agree, but you think because you rephrased what I said it's different.

It is EXACTLY the same. You're missing the bigger picture here, and that's the problem. You don't see the potential danger. When the government is given power like that, they always abuse it.

Again, slippery slope is fallacy! It's not an acceptable way to debate. You're arguing hysteria, emotion, not on facts. You're also making comparisons that don't apply. You just heap crap onto crap.

It was called that, yes. But the ban was actually based on cosmetic features of guns, much like this proposed one is.

Ammo capacity, rate of fire, things like this is purely cosmetic? I'm not a big gun guy but even I know that's ridiculous.

Exactly.

Which guess what? Is on the public.

The quote I posted a little while ago...paraphrase to the point of "It's the worst tragedy in our memories, so we owe it to the country to have some people give a little more..."

Show me where he said it was THE worst. Because that is not how I remember him saying it.

I don't know if you noticed, but criminals do not give a flying fuck about what is illegal or not.

And again I say if that's the attitude, then we shouldn't have any laws and everybody should do whatever the fuck they want as long as it's in the name of protecting themselves. This is the logical end point to your argument.

And what separates us, exactly?

Slippery slope is slippery. Also there's a lot of difference between our current and past society, and the societies you mentioned. You're not equipped to speak on the issue you're trying to raise, so please stop.

Then you're an ignorant fool.

Ad hominem. The fallacies just keep on piling up!

Obama pays GE. GE owns NBC.

Aaaand once again you prove how little you know! GE SOLD NBC to Comcast a year or two back. Thanks for proving how little you actually know.

I agree. However, the government does not think see it this way. Hence why their trying to force a ban on guns based on cosmetics, instead of focusing on laws that keep guns out of unsafe hands.

Again, I fail to see how making bans to keep assault weapons, which are demonstrably different from handguns, out of the public's hands is merely a ban on "cosmetics".

You didn't post any.

Yeah I did. My posts are loaded with them. Like when I point out all your fallacies.

There are regulations and rules already. Obviously, as we can see, it doesn't solve the problem. In fact, you could even say regulations like "gun free zones" contribute to the problem.

How so? Also if the current regulations don't solve the problem, why then is the answer "drop all regulations" instead of "well, let's make some better ones"?

1) I don't support the NRA

Well, then whatever sources your using (which are probably friendly, or getting info from the NRA) are lying.

2) The president does not need to listen to Congress, and has already stated he will go around them if he needs too

He actually does, and going around them isn't usually the best idea for presidents to do.

3) He hasn't done shit about guns one way or another...just like every other issue...until it's politically convenient for him

Go look up his record on guns up to now. You'll see anytime he's done anything legislatively on the issue, it's been favorable to gun owners/enthusiasts.

Joe Biden has said it on camera.

Obama has also disavowed things Biden has said in the past. I have a hard time believing if he tried to ban by executive order it would hold up to scrutiny.

Exactly. And she should not have been allowed to own them.

Ok, so then doesn't that mean we have to go back and try to tighten up regulations to make sure people like her don't in the future?

This is a moot point because the government is talking about restricting guns based on LOOKS, instead of who can get ahold of them

Again, show me what you mean by "looks" and "cosmetics". Because all I hear is banning assault type weapons. Which are not merely cosmetically different from a handgun, they are FUNCTIONALLY different as well.

And yet, here we are, in 2013, with millions of guns that have never even been aimed at a human.

Oh bullshit that you can back up that "millions of guns" statement.

Isn't that odd. YOu saying they're made to kill. And yet so many of them not being used to kill. Weird.

Well, it's disgusting to me how you pull numbers and ideas out of your ass and slap them down like they're real facts. Get real.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 04:50 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 02:12 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Where and when? The Patriot Act does trample or seemingly trample on many rights (mostly ones about privacy), but a lot of what I anticipate you're going to quote is still illegal.

Obamacare is a recent one. Illegal detainment of citizens. Illegal wars..

The TSA are not the Gestapo. You are doing it again, taking legitimate criticisms and dramatizing them thus harming your otherwise valid points.

The TSA is a non-military, government police force.

Yes, and the President has repeatedly promised to close it, but yeah, at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Repeatedly promised, and to date has done nothing to close it.

Are you talking about the affordable care act? It's basically just what we were doing already with car insurance. But I would have prefered universal healthcare myself.

A) You are not forced to own car insurance. Driving privileges are hardly the same as medicine and treatment
B) The laws for auto insurance are not federal

I think if you actually look at Obama's record you'll see he's started to right some of those mistakes, but many are still in place. Hopefully it gets better.

Not enough. On things that really matter, such as foreign policy, spending/debt, and corporate welfare, he's done nothing. In all of the aspects the Democrats used to call for Bush's impeachment, such as above, Obama has done nothing but add to the problem.

The Constitution and his stated beliefs and following of executive order and attempts to work with Congress. The rest I won't dignify. You're frankly an idiot if you can't see how this President or any Pres is different from Hitler.

Germany had a constitution and representative democracy too. As did Italy. The law won't stop him. He's already doing illegal shit left and right. So, what exactly is to stop him from declaring some sort of "emergency" and going for some sort of even bigger extreme power grab? A presidents power is already pretty much unlimited as it is.

No they don't. You're just making shit up now. Or listening to Alex Jones. I'm not dignifying conspiracy theories.

No, they do have the power. It isn't "alex jones" it's fact. It's called the Department of Homeland security. Who just bought literally billions in guns and ammo (so did the IRS, for some reason), and are purchasing storage units in urban areas. In a "state of emergency" they act as a para-military police force.

The auto industry has by almost every report I've read. Most banks have paid it back, and with interest.

Basically, it's like paying off a credit card with another credit card. It was paid back with TARP money.

So it would have been better to let those industries fail and cause a depression? Ok...

Industry? It was ONE COMPANY.

You made an absurd statement, I pointed out the absurdity. War is not the same as murder, but HOW one makes war is a legitimate subject for criticism.

We are currently not in a declared, legal war.

That's not how this works.

Then dispute my claim. Answer the question. There are numerous example of politicians over-extending their power when given a little leeway.

Again, slippery slope is fallacy! It's not an acceptable way to debate. You're arguing hysteria, emotion, not on facts. You're also making comparisons that don't apply. You just heap crap onto crap.

Historical evidence is absolutely an acceptable way to debate.

Ammo capacity, rate of fire, things like this is purely cosmetic? I'm not a big gun guy but even I know that's ridiculous.

Yeah, the bans weren't based on those things. They were based on "folding stocks", etc. Furthermore, a WW2 M1 Carbine, is functionally, exactly the same as an AR-15. Same rate of fire (semi auto), same caliber, and same ammo capacity. Yet the WW2 carbine is not going to be banned. The AR15, a sporting rifle, is...the guns are nearly identical...but the AR15, is black.

Which guess what? Is on the public.

Laziness is encouraged by nanny government who will fix everything for you. Free phones, student loans, food stamps, social security, medicare.

Show me where he said it was THE worst. Because that is not how I remember him saying it.

"One of"...does that change anything?

And again I say if that's the attitude, then we shouldn't have any laws and everybody should do whatever the fuck they want as long as it's in the name of protecting themselves. This is the logical end point to your argument.

No it isn't. Criminals should be stopped if they can be caught. But cops are slow. You're saying I should just wait on the cops to show up if I'm at gunpoint?

:Also there's a lot of difference between our current and past society,

Like what?

Aaaand once again you prove how little you know! GE SOLD NBC to Comcast a year or two back. Thanks for proving how little you actually know.

Oh. Then is must be impossible for them to lie for the president, yes?

Again, I fail to see how making bans to keep assault weapons, which are demonstrably different from handguns, out of the public's hands is merely a ban on "cosmetics".

True assault weapons, that is, automatic, military weapons, have been out of the public's hands for a long time. The current guns being proposed to ban are not "assault weapons" they're sporting rifles that look scary. As I mentioned they are being banne,d meanwhile, guns with same firing capacity, ammo capacity, and caliber, are not even being looked at to ban. The label "assault weapon" is based on cosmetics and nothing else.

Yeah I did. My posts are loaded with them. Like when I point out all your fallacies.

It's not a fallacy just because you disagree

How so? Also if the current regulations don't solve the problem, why then is the answer "drop all regulations" instead of "well, let's make some better ones"?

Because the problem is not guns. The problem is mentally ill people getting weapons. Currently, this is not the issue the govt. wants to address.

Also, every single mass shooting like this, happens in gun free zones. The shooter in Aurora passed up two other theatres because they permitted concealed carry.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 04:52 AM Reply

At 1/15/13 04:13 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Well, then whatever sources your using are lying.

My source for what? You say he's "gun friendly"...doesn't look like it.

He actually does, and going around them isn't usually the best idea for presidents to do.

Why should he? He's already got the public in his pocket...what is his incentive for actually following the law this time?

Go look up his record on guns up to now. You'll see anytime he's done anything legislatively on the issue, it's been favorable to gun owners/enthusiasts.

Fair enough. That doesn't change the fact that he sits on his ass on issues and changes his mind when it can win votes (Bin Laden assassination being an example)

Obama has also disavowed things Biden has said in the past. I have a hard time believing if he tried to ban by executive order it would hold up to scrutiny.

I don't either. I think Congress would fight it.

Ok, so then doesn't that mean we have to go back and try to tighten up regulations to make sure people like her don't in the future?

Yes. This, however, is not on the government's to do list. Instead, they're focus on banning guns with foldable stocks

Again, show me what you mean by "looks" and "cosmetics". Because all I hear is banning assault type weapons. Which are not merely cosmetically different from a handgun, they are FUNCTIONALLY different as well.

The govt. definition of "assault weapon" has nothing to do with capacity, caliber, or any other dangerous specification. There are guns that are functionally identical (and much older) that are not even under banning consideration

:bullshit that you can back up that "millions of guns" statement.

The FBI estimates about 200 million privately owned firearms in the US

The Small Arms Survey in 2007 by the Graduate Institute of International Studies in Geneva estimated 270 million firearms in the US.

Also, the NRA alone reports about 100 mil applications submitted to them

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 05:27 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 06:45 PM, RacistBassist wrote: I believe that it shouldn't come down to who the bigger fish is.

Natural selection states otherwise.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 05:56 AM Reply

Looks like that communist cunt is going to do it. I'm going to my banks loan officer tommorow. Im gonna stock up on a few ARs lots of pistols and as many magazines as possible and when Comrade Cunt signs those executive orders I sure as hell aint registering my firearms.

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 05:56 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Looks like that communist cunt is going to do it.

Have you tried reading the executive orders? All they really do is enforce already existing laws. Even some of the most nit wit gun nuts that have read the executive orders have calmed down. I don't even think Fox News is freaking out.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Gun confiscation Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 05:56 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Looks like that communist cunt is going to do it.

Grow up.