Be a Supporter!

Gun confiscation

  • 5,142 Views
  • 218 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 15:44:09 Reply

At 1/11/13 03:39 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: She's too concerned with gun control as always to care about crime and victims of crime.

yeah she thinks the short term solution will fix it permanently which is banning firearms and a violation of our rights under the second amendment and Supreme court rulings something she can't overturn or ignore. of course if she actually went to the the root problem that are social issues (Poverty, economy, education, awareness programs mental health ETC),

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 19:11:00 Reply

I'm starting to wonder what the best thing to do is. Buy a gun from a store and get put on the radar (and by that I mean after you get a background check and fill out a 4473 the government knows you own one), or get one from a gun show and not have to worry about it.

And from what I've been seeing, the idea of an assault weapons ban seems to be losing some of it's momentum.


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers? Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
thegarbear14
thegarbear14
  • Member since: Jul. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 19:37:21 Reply

At 1/11/13 07:11 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I'm starting to wonder what the best thing to do is. Buy a gun from a store and get put on the radar (and by that I mean after you get a background check and fill out a 4473 the government knows you own one), or get one from a gun show and not have to worry about it.

And from what I've been seeing, the idea of an assault weapons ban seems to be losing some of it's momentum.

because it was and always will be a colossal failure. If the president thinks executive order is the only way some gun control will be passed quickly that's probably because he doubts congress will agree with him.

Ct, Ny, Cali all have assault weapons bans based of the 1994 assault weapon ban and they all are very very close to the original 1994 ban. It was a failure then, and is now in these areas. Reinstating it, a stricter version or any version of it won't do jack.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 19:47:31 Reply

At 1/11/13 07:37 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: because it was and always will be a colossal failure. If the president thinks executive order is the only way some gun control will be passed quickly that's probably because he doubts congress will agree with him.

Ct, Ny, Cali all have assault weapons bans based of the 1994 assault weapon ban and they all are very very close to the original 1994 ban. It was a failure then, and is now in these areas. Reinstating it, a stricter version or any version of it won't do jack.

Exactly. Also, there is a state, and I honestly CANNOT remember which, that passed a law recently saying that complying or rather, enforcing the proposed executive order, would be a FELONY.

Props to them.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 21:07:57 Reply

At 1/11/13 07:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Exactly. Also, there is a state, and I honestly CANNOT remember which, that passed a law recently saying that complying or rather, enforcing the proposed executive order, would be a FELONY.

Props to them.

and thats just not waiting to be abused, one little infraction that is usually overlooked and your ass is thrown in prison especially in Firearm hating states like california and New York. and I bet its California with that bitch Feinstein spear heading it.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 22:53:36 Reply

At 1/11/13 09:07 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: and thats just not waiting to be abused, one little infraction that is usually overlooked and your ass is thrown in prison especially in Firearm hating states like california and New York. and I bet its California with that bitch Feinstein spear heading it.

No, no you misunderstood. In this state, it will be a felony for cops to enforce Obama's executive order (if it happens)

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-11 23:01:02 Reply

At 1/11/13 10:53 PM, LemonCrush wrote: No, no you misunderstood. In this state, it will be a felony for cops to enforce Obama's executive order (if it happens)

yup I did, my bad sorry on my Droid.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 00:13:53 Reply

At 1/11/13 07:11 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I'm starting to wonder what the best thing to do is. Buy a gun from a store and get put on the radar (and by that I mean after you get a background check and fill out a 4473 the government knows you own one), or get one from a gun show and not have to worry about it.

I would do that if I was you and if you want to bulk buy go to a bank and get a unsecured personal loan and get it for how much you want to spend and get the maximum amount of months say 90 months so you have lower payments. go to your local gun show and just buy up man make sure you go to the Private Sellers that don't require Background checks and you could probably get some good deals.

and you don't have to worry about feds or cops either.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 02:49:17 Reply

At 1/10/13 06:31 PM, LemonCrush wrote: There is nothing that separates the US government from such regimes.

There is a shit ton that does actually. It's still a ridiculous reduction that just gets more ridiculous, not less, when you repeat it.

They made of people who are just as corruptible, and potentially just as evil.

POTENTIALLY, but they have not shown themselves to be. Nor acted in a way that they are. So you do reduction to oppressive regimes based on potential. There's a word for that: Bullshit.

To pretend that the US government wouldn't stoop to such levels is ignorant and foolish.

Or it would just be a matter of looking at the fact that they historically DO NOT do so. Even in times of the greatest stress and fear they do not do it. So cut it out captain alarmist. I'd say the ground you were standing on was shaky, but it already ruptured and collapsed long ago.

There's no reason to pretend like US politicians are somehow different than others in history....

Other then the fact that they have been different then many in history? Go ahead, let's start naming names and doing compare and contrast. For example, Barrack Obama is TOTALLY different from Adolf Hitler. George Bush is waaaay different then Ghengis Khan...I can keep doing this, but I think the point was made.

especially considering it's actions in the past 15-20 years (give or take)

Again, let's start getting specific because I'm getting a little tired of how easy it is to deflate these broad, vague, generalizations.

Depends. When people get afraid, they allow politicians to do fucked up shit.

I'm talking about THIS specific bill, and the mechanisms of THIS specific law. I like specifics, let's stay in that realm. Now, looking again at THIS SPECIFIC LAW, I don't see the mechanism where she "disarms" America. If you do, please explain it to me. Because all I see is a law that adds a few more layers of restriction to who gets guns. It doesn't take the guns entirely.

Case in point, Patriot Act and the Iraq War....

That isn't entirely about fear. Fear didn't get those passed, fear and lies greased the wheels to get those EXISTING plans and bills rammed through. But it did not create them. Much the same is happening here, this incident didn't create the mindset that is pushing these laws or driving this debate. It's just a flashpoint for renewed discussion and action.

or the first weapons ban in response to Columbine....

What weapons ban? I don't remember a "weapons ban".

hell, even post-WW1 Germany is a good example.

No, it really isn't. There were a number of factors that made the Nazis seem a good idea in post-WW1 Germany.

Hell, Obama said recently after the Sandy Hook shooting "One of the worst tragedies in our memory. The country deserves for folks to be willing to compromise on behalf of the greater good"

You don't think it's one of the worst tragedies in our memory? Innocent kids getting shot on their way to school? You're a pretty fucked up person if you don't agree with that. Compromise also cuts both ways, and I think if people on both sides aren't totally bullheaded I think we CAN find a solution we can all live with because we should all be agreed something like that should NEVER happen again.

When bad shit happens, people are more willing and susceptible to letting tyranny slide...

Sure, but there's no "tyranny" here. Just the imaginary knee jerk shit every gun owner pulls the minute people start debating gun control. They start trumping up the debate, pushing it into ridiculous places rather then be mature and intelligent.

Ever notice how cops carry guns? Why do you think that is?

That doesn't address my point, or the failure of your original one.

You have to be trained and licensed and undergo evaluation/investigation (or a combination of the three depending on the type of gun), to legally own a gun too.

Which is great. That happened in this case for the mother, who then let her crazy son get his hands on the gun. That's why to me the debate should be less about guns, and more about why someone so troubled was allowed in the general population and what not. It's more about how we treat the mentally ill then about guns to me.

As for police and laws....well murder is illegal, yes? Didn't stop a lunatic from stealing a gun, and killing 20 or so elementary school students, did it? How about we make meth illegal too! That'll keep it off the streets, right?

All I'm arguing against is the ridiculous assertion you keep making that weapons are a-ok seemingly and there's no downside.

EVERY SINGLE gun owner I've met...

1. Anecdotal evidence is not real evidence.

2. Once you mentioned a reason to own or obtain other then defense, you proved my point.

Why are you still arguing with me again?

Wrong people will ALWAYS find a way to get a weapon. Always. A crazy person will kill someone with whatever they can find. Hell, one of the worst mass murders in history used boxcutters and airplanes as the weapon.

So we shouldn't try and do anything because somebody is always going to get around it? Well, guess we best just pack up law, order, and government right the fuck now then...and yes, that is EXACTLY where that argument logically ends.

There will always be crazy people, and they will always use whatever they can to hurt people. They could jump in a car and start running people over, go on a shooting spree, throw them in gas chambers, or hijack airplanes. You wanna ban airplanes because they get hijacked or bombed? Wanna ban cars? They kill a lot of people.

Nobody is talking about banning anything really nitwit. That's what the crazy gun nuts are trying to make this into. Government says "we want to make it harder for bad people to get guns" you people scream "they're coming for our guns!" Shut up and listen already.

The only way to prevent a crazy person from hurting you, is having an effective means of stopping them.

Or, you know, locking them up or otherwise properly identifying and treating their crazy. That can work too.

Taking away weapons will not work.

Good thing nobody is trying to really.

The only way to stop a shooter effectively, is to use a weapon. That's why cops carry guns.

You mean the licensed, tested, and trained people? The kind of people that will still be able to get guns even if this stuff passes?

Anything can be a weapon. I could go on a killing spree in my car right now if I wanted to. But I don't. As stated before 9/11 was one of the biggest mass murders in US history. Wanna ban airplanes?

Ok, if you're not going to actually rationally answer my arguments and debate me based on what I say then we're done here.

A gun only becomes lethal if improperly operated as well.

Bullshit, a gun is INTENDED to be lethal. It fires a projectile at high speeds which is designed to pierce it's target, it was designed as an offensive and defensive WEAPON. Cars and other means of convenience which carry potential lethality, are primarily designed for a function than as weaponry. I tell you not to compare apples to oranges, you ignore me and scream the improper comparison louder. That isn't debate.

You tihnk he bought it with the intent of shooting someone with it?

I don't know what your friend's intent is. Kind of the problem and my whole point. Weapons collection can be benign, or it can be the first step towards a very nasty incident down the road. That's why people look at a gun collector differently then say a comic book collector.

As for gun owners, they are licensed. If you aren't, and you use your gun, even to stop a person from robbing you at an ATM, you're going to jail. Also, all guns in retail stores are registered as well.

I'm aware of all of these things. Oh, right, you think anybody who doesn't agree with you wants guns banned. Narrow viewpoint, that's why we can't have meaningful debate until you actually READ what I SAY. Not what you THINK I'm saying.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die. PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 02:53:01 Reply

At 1/11/13 03:39 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: She's too concerned with gun control as always to care about crime and victims of crime.

Right, cause guns never ever lead to crime...I think what she's really concerned about is attaching her name to a hot button issue for publicity.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die. PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 09:17:30 Reply

At 1/12/13 12:13 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
I would do that if I was you and if you want to bulk buy go to a bank and get a unsecured personal loan and get it for how much you want to spend and get the maximum amount of months say 90 months so you have lower payments. go to your local gun show and just buy up man make sure you go to the Private Sellers that don't require Background checks and you could probably get some good deals.

and you don't have to worry about feds or cops either.

Well a loan is out of the question (I'll have to get one later for a bigger problem), however I just checked and there's a show next weekend in Topeka I'll go to.


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers? Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 10:15:19 Reply

At 1/12/13 09:17 AM, wildfire4461 wrote:
At 1/12/13 12:13 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
I would do that if I was you and if you want to bulk buy go to a bank and get a unsecured personal loan and get it for how much you want to spend and get the maximum amount of months say 90 months so you have lower payments. go to your local gun show and just buy up man make sure you go to the Private Sellers that don't require Background checks and you could probably get some good deals.

and you don't have to worry about feds or cops either.
Well a loan is out of the question (I'll have to get one later for a bigger problem), however I just checked and there's a show next weekend in Topeka I'll go to.

A loan to buy guns is absolutely the most retarded idea I have heard in a long while. No wonder the US economy has gone to shit well with all the morons that are wasting monetary funds they don't have on such frivolous novelties. You would be doing yourself, your family, and country a discredit if you took a loan out to buy guy's lol. Perhaps the money would be better spent on some addition education on money management so that way you can save enough to move to a safer and better more life enriching local that in turn will make you more happy than any gun a promise you.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 10:51:29 Reply

At 1/12/13 02:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: There is a shit ton that does actually.

Like what?

POTENTIALLY, but they have not shown themselves to be. Nor acted in a way that they are. So you do reduction to oppressive regimes based on potential.

History has proven multiple times, that a government with too much power, ends in very bad situations for it's citizens. Always.

Again, our government is heading down that road as is. And I guess if the mass public doesn't see it (even though it's blatantly obvious), than they're going about it the right way.

Or it would just be a matter of looking at the fact that they historically DO NOT do so.

Bullshit. Our last president, and the current one, are kidnapping people from their homes and throwing them in prisons without trial. They're fucking killing kids overseas with drone strikes on a near daily basis. They're stripping old ladies and young kids in WHEELCHAIRS down in public. Don't tell me this government isn't tyrannical.

Other then the fact that they have been different then many in history?

Except they aren't. To pretend Barack Obama is somehow different than a Hitler or Stalin just because he's an American leader, is ridiculous. Makes more sense to judge people on their actions, not where they happen to live. They are people. They are corruptible.

Again, let's start getting specific because I'm getting a little tired of how easy it is to deflate these broad, vague, generalizations

Imprisoning people without a trial sounds pretty fucking Nazi to me. Propping up industry with government money is very Mussolini. And drone striking civilians without a declaration of war seems pretty damn 1930s Japanese.

I'm talking about THIS specific bill, and the mechanisms of THIS specific law. I like specifics, let's stay in that realm. Now, looking again at THIS SPECIFIC LAW, I don't see the mechanism where she "disarms" America.

You aren't familiar with the whole "slippery slope" and potential for abuse, are you?

That isn't entirely about fear. Fear didn't get those passed, fear and lies greased the wheels to get those EXISTING plans and bills rammed through. But it did not create them.

No it just made the people think it was okay. Much like when Hitler talked about disarming the public would make for a safer Germany, or putting Jews in Ghettos would make Germany prosperous. You can make people swallow anytihng when they're afraid, poor or hungry

What weapons ban? I don't remember a "weapons ban".

Clinton administration.

No, it really isn't. There were a number of factors that made the Nazis seem a good idea in post-WW1 Germany.

Exactly, and the reason he got away with what he got away with, is because the German people were broken, and placed their trust in government and Hitler himself. Which as we can see here, and in other points in history, is a bad idea.

You don't think it's one of the worst tragedies in our memory?

No, I think it is, which is why I'm disgusted at our President using it as an excuse for raising taxes. Just as I think it's disgusting for the left to use it as a soapbox to get their agenda passed.

Sure, but there's no "tyranny" here.

Well, all I know is, when the Germans and Russians and Chinese started requiring registration and tracking of gun owners (under the pretense of national safety), it lead to confiscation, and we all know how that turned out.

That doesn't address my point, or the failure of your original one.

Yes it does.

Which is great. That happened in this case for the mother, who then let her crazy son get his hands on the gun. That's why to me the debate should be less about guns, and more about why someone so troubled was allowed in the general population and what not. It's more about how we treat the mentally ill then about guns to me.

Good. Then you're one of the few who are focusing on the actual problem. Unfortunately, the government, and their media arm, seem to be overlooking it.

All I'm arguing against is the ridiculous assertion you keep making that weapons are a-ok seemingly and there's no downside.

There is no downside to a responsible, safe gun owner.

1. Anecdotal evidence is not real evidence.

2. Once you mentioned a reason to own or obtain other then defense, you proved my point.

No and no.

So we shouldn't try and do anything because somebody is always going to get around it? Well, guess we best just pack up law, order, and government right the fuck now then...and yes, that is EXACTLY where that argument logically ends.

What we should do, is allow people to defend themselves if they choose to. Taking guns from those people will just create defenseless targets for the crazy people. Case in point...Sandy Hook. Not a single armed person on school grounds...20 dead kids.

Yay gun free zones

Nobody is talking about banning anything really nitwit.

Except the President. Don't know if you know this, but his opinion and ideas are kind of a big deal.

Or, you know, locking them up or otherwise properly identifying and treating their crazy. That can work too.

Um, duh.

Good thing nobody is trying to really.

Except the President

You mean the licensed, tested, and trained people? The kind of people that will still be able to get guns even if this stuff passes?

Adam Lanza wasn't licensed or trained. Didn't stop him. Licensing and training are irrelevant points, as those laws are already in effect.

Ok, if you're not going to actually rationally answer my arguments and debate me based on what I say then we're done here.

Good. Please go away. Your baseless arguments are irritating me.

Bullshit, a gun is INTENDED to be lethal.

No.

I don't know what your friend's intent is. Kind of the problem and my whole point. Weapons collection can be benign, or it can be the first step towards a very nasty incident down the road. That's why people look at a gun collector differently then say a comic book collector.

Then those people are stupid. As I've stated before, most people I know who own guns, are doctors, lawyers, accountants...you don't trust them to carry guns? How do you suppose they combat people who cannot handle guns properly, like Adam Lanza? Just let them go free with no way to stop them?

I'm aware of all of these things. Oh, right, you think anybody who doesn't agree with you wants guns banned

No

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 17:47:39 Reply

At 1/12/13 10:15 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: A loan to buy guns is absolutely the most retarded idea I have heard in a long while. No wonder the US economy has gone to shit well with all the morons that are wasting monetary funds they don't have on such frivolous novelties.

not unless your responsible about the loan, if you have a good credit score and get good loan terms and pay them with a little extra each month its a good credit builder. I negotiated my own loan at a 25K personal loan for 90 months at 6% which gave me monthly payments of $350 monthly. and in 20 months I could refinance.

of course I didn't take out the loan because I want to see how these gun control bills and if obama will abuse his executive power out of political gain.

You would be doing yourself, your family, and country a discredit if you took a loan out to buy guy's lol. Perhaps the money would be better spent on some addition education on money management so that way you can save enough to move to a safer and better more life enriching local that in turn will make you more happy than any gun a promise you.

if anything if you already have a good job/ education you can afford it, and just running away from the problem by moving doesn't always help. this guy is worried about our rights being infringed and he should be and I gave him some advice.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-12 22:07:02 Reply

At 1/12/13 05:47 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
not unless your responsible about the loan

LOL I once thought the banks are your friend then I came back to reality and started to live within my means which is something all to many Americans know nothing about and why their Country is in economic shambles in part at leased.

if anything if you already have a good job/ education you can afford it, and just running away from the problem by moving doesn't always help.

Moving from a dangerous unwinnable situation is not running like a coward it's just smart and that's why the Vietnamese whooped your American asses back in Nam and also thats why the Americans are getting there asses handed to them in the Mid east. Also when there are children in the picture there is no room for stupid little arrogant egos it's just time to go to a safe place no if's ands or butts about it for the children's sake.


BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 03:34:59 Reply

At 1/12/13 10:15 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Perhaps the money would be better spent on some addition education on money management so that way you can save enough to move to a safer and better more life enriching local that in turn will make you more happy than any gun a promise you.

Hey shit for brains. I work 12 hour shifts for my money. After paying bills and living costs I'll spend it however the fuck I want.


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers? Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Kel-chan
Kel-chan
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 09:27:34 Reply

the fact that this and other things like are even being discussed shows you that George bush Jr. was 100% right

"The constitution is just a damn piece of paper"

Whether you like to admit it or not- its basically the truth. In the past 10 yrs the amount of EOs and crap that has been passed should tell you point blank the republic is dead.

If you don't believe it, go to an airport and get fondled or have your nudie pics taken

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 11:18:25 Reply

At 1/13/13 09:27 AM, Kellz5460 wrote: the fact that this and other things like are even being discussed shows you that George bush Jr. was 100% right

"The constitution is just a damn piece of paper"

He never said that. That's an urban legend.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 15:27:53 Reply

At 1/7/13 05:44 PM, Proteas wrote:
At 1/7/13 03:32 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Feinstein is up to her old fucking tricks again she wants to pass a bill that makes the AWB look like childs play
Seeing as how there's a Republican majority in the house, I guess it sucks to be her, doesn't it?

Been doing some reading on this.

It seems that the consensus is that this actually going to be a bipartisan issue. There will be Republicans who will defect and vote for gun control. On the other hand there will be plenty of Democrats who will lose their seat if they vote for gun control...especial for anything more than the '94 AWB.

The polling on this is crazy. On one hand the majority of people polled think that high-capacity 'clips' should be banned...but do not think that assault weapons should be banned.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995... " I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 15:35:54 Reply

At 1/12/13 02:53 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 1/11/13 03:39 PM, thegarbear14 wrote: She's too concerned with gun control as always to care about crime and victims of crime.
Right, cause guns never ever lead to crime...I think what she's really concerned about is attaching her name to a hot button issue for publicity.

Statistically speaking...no guns never lead to crime. Once you do the statistical analysis (rather just trow around emotionally charged descriptive stats)...there is NO causal relationship between guns and crime.

So while you say it sarcastically, you speak truth:

'...guns never lead to crime....'


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995... " I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 19:29:36 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:27 PM, TheMason wrote:

Been doing some reading on this.

It seems that the consensus is that this actually going to be a bipartisan issue. There will be Republicans who will defect and vote for gun control. On the other hand there will be plenty of Democrats who will lose their seat if they vote for gun control...especial for anything more than the '94 AWB.

The polling on this is crazy. On one hand the majority of people polled think that high-capacity 'clips' should be banned...but do not think that assault weapons should be banned. Shows how big of an idiot Biden (and all other gun control nuts) is.

And meanwhile; more and more assault rifles and hi cap. clips are hitting the streets. So even if they did ban them, there's enough floating around now to where it wouldn't have any effect.

How about some music for this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHtSSSLn9E8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiYyHNgeFA8


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers? Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-13 22:40:52 Reply

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/09/evidence-sandy-hook-school -shooting-staged-by-factions-of-us-government-and-mainstream -media/

No wonder the government has been wanting our guns so badly.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 00:19:52 Reply

At 1/13/13 10:40 PM, VGmasters wrote:
No wonder the government has been wanting our guns so badly.

When it comes to this administration, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 00:43:34 Reply

At 1/13/13 10:40 PM, VGmasters wrote: http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/09/evidence-sandy-hook-school -shooting-staged-by-factions-of-us-government-and-mainstream -media/

No wonder the government has been wanting our guns so badly.

Jesus Christ that has got to be the most paranoid Gun nut website I have ever seen. "Top items to hoard"? Threats of ammo shortage? Constant flow of articles about how the government is gonna take our guns away? The shooting in Newtown was a lie? Flu vaccines don't work? I sure as hell hope this site is serious because that would be hilarious.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream. " - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Kel-chan
Kel-chan
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Animator
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 03:53:41 Reply

It's cuz of this

Gun confiscation

Fim
Fim
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 14:07:38 Reply

At 1/13/13 10:40 PM, VGmasters wrote: http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/09/evidence-sandy-hook-school -shooting-staged-by-factions-of-us-government-and-mainstream -media/

No wonder the government has been wanting our guns so badly.

What absolute fucking crackpot conspiracy balls. There is absolutely no evidence at all there. Just think like a critical intellectual for a second, if there was legitimate grounds for this why is it on some homemade website and not reported on any respected news channel? If they were going to organised something like this, imagine if it somehow got out and someone involved went to the press? It'd be a worse scandal than Watergate. You pro gun nut-jobs are completely grasping at straws here. You come to to debate with emotional fueled arguments, and conspiracy bullshit like that.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 14:24:21 Reply

At 1/14/13 03:53 AM, Kellz5460 wrote: It's cuz of this

Yeah, this is one HUGE problem I have with gun control. Liberals argue that guns are a dangerous problem, and don't keep people safe...yet rely on them for their own safety.

All those anti-gun pieces of shit want to restrict my weapons, but have no issue being surrounded by guns...and in the case of the President himself, has no problem sending young men and women, with FULLY automatic machine guns, into foreign lands, to kill people.

Seems kinda...what's the word? Hypocritical?

VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 15:12:33 Reply

Here's something else.

http://www.infowars.com/sandy-hook-shooting-active-shooter-d rill-confirmed-by-law-enforcement-raises-suspicion-of-false-
flag-operation/

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-14 17:44:43 Reply

At 1/14/13 12:43 AM, Warforger wrote: Jesus Christ that has got to be the most paranoid Gun nut website I have ever seen. ... Threats of ammo shortage? Constant flow of articles about how the government is gonna take our guns away? ...

There are some who are conspiracy minded on this board. But I think the majority of us on here are reasonable and clear thinking.

As for ammo shortage, I did not watch the video (I'm not for conspiracy theories myself) but I can tell you there are ammo shortages and fluctuations on the market. Ammo is a good that has to be manufactured, sold etc and therefore are suceptible to disruptions. An example of this Henry Arms, their gun manufacturing plant was shut-down by Hurricane Sandy halting production of lever action rifles. The same with ammo. I've seen ammo plants shut down by disasters and that causes the price of ammo to go up. Similarly, talk of new 'gun control' measures drives people to buy ammo and guns thereby making them scarce. For example, right now I'm having a hard time finding even .22 ammo.

Secondly, there are flows of articles of certain political factions wanting to take some things away like 'assault weapons' and high capacity magazines. While I'm sure these policy initiatives are well-meaning, they are borne out of fear, ignorance, and emotion rather than academic study, reason, and logic. Therefore these intiatives are irrational and unfounded, and that they are seriously being considered makes those of us who are informed and knowledgable of these issues see these initiatives as unnecessary and dangerous.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995... " I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Gun confiscation 2013-01-15 02:21:45 Reply

No, because the American government thinks you shouldn't be able protect yourself from the government if the government was ever to turn into Nazi Germany. Just like Adolf Hitler, the American government wants to disarm Women and Men from protecting themselves from the government and from Rapists, Home invaders, and so on.

The government says that all you should have is a weak pistol when some murderer breaks into your house. So do you want to have a weak Pistol when the criminal could have a Pistol as well or would you rather have an AK47, so you can blow them to KINGDOM COME?


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red. Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.