New Topic Respond to this Topic
DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Need mastering engineer Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 10:42 PM Reply

So lately, I feel like my mastering has been flawed because of my time spent on my tracks, and my tendency to be lazy and use a preset from Ozone 5. A second set of ears would be great to make my already sounding professional track sound even better! Also, I have spent well over a month on this track I plan to release, so I want it to be as perfect as can be. I won't be reluctant to pay money , but I will not pay more than $30.

You need to be very experienced to take up this one time job. You don't have to have taken sound design or audio engineering in college, but I want to be safe with your hands on my track.

My skype is michael.mcelroy17, and I am on most of the day. Feel free to email me as well at mgmac698@gmail.com

Thanks in advance to the sexy NG people :D

Regards,

DJ M4C

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need mastering engineer Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 10:49 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 10:42 PM, DJM4C wrote: So lately, I feel like my mastering has been flawed because of my time spent on my tracks, and my tendency to be lazy and use a preset from Ozone 5. A second set of ears would be great to make my already sounding professional track sound even better! Also, I have spent well over a month on this track I plan to release, so I want it to be as perfect as can be. I won't be reluctant to pay money , but I will not pay more than $30.

You need to be very experienced to take up this one time job. You don't have to have taken sound design or audio engineering in college, but I want to be safe with your hands on my track.

My skype is michael.mcelroy17, and I am on most of the day. Feel free to email me as well at mgmac698@gmail.com

Thanks in advance to the sexy NG people :D

Regards,

DJ M4C

I can do it and I'm sure people on this forum will back me up. Fair warning though when it comes to mastering I can't make your mix sound amazing I can only take what you have and make it a little bit better. I'll make it louder though.

e-mail me at mrmilkcarton@gmail.com if you're interested, 320MP3 of what you want mastered helps too. I do electronic music but if you have an idea of what you want your music to sound like please send me a youtube link or something so I can A/B your track to it.

My soundcloud is all mastered by me, www.soundcloud.com/mrmilkcarton

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Dec. 31st, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I'm completely new to mastering, and since milkcarton is taking this offer up I'd like to take this opportunity to be able to compare my master to his so that I can get an exact side-by-side look. Obviously I won't charge, but my version probably won't be the one you prefer either.

Seamenn
Seamenn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 03:32 AM Reply

At 12/30/12 10:42 PM, DJM4C wrote: So lately, I feel like my mastering has been flawed because of my time spent on my tracks, and my tendency to be lazy and use a preset from Ozone 5. A second set of ears would be great to make my already sounding professional track sound even better! Also, I have spent well over a month on this track I plan to release, so I want it to be as perfect as can be. I won't be reluctant to pay money , but I will not pay more than $30.

Don't trust this guy above me he is totally unprofessional about this, please inbox me I can do you a proper mix down and master.

Please inbox me through newgrounds though, thank you sir.

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 1/1/13 03:32 AM, Seamenn wrote: Don't trust this guy above me he is totally unprofessional about this, please inbox me I can do you a proper mix down and master.

Wha...

Are you talking about me?

Who are you?
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 07:02 PM Reply

This is kind of hilarious. The "guy above" you is asking simply for an opportunity to practice and not for payment, so who cares if he's trustworthy or not? No, I smell foul play here and making a statement like that means that the accuser is the one I would not trust.
Sounds more like flaming than anything useful so you should disregard his post entirely and not get into a fight over it.

Oh and if you need mastering I can master for you for $30, sure. I use ozone 5 but I don't use presets. Thing is, you didn't mention what genre of music you want mastered and only a professional will ask you what genre you want mastered before offering to take the job.
So what genre is it? I won't master an electronica track, it's not my forté since I prefer less compression on my tracks and electronica pushes the 0db all the way. If you want orchestral, rock or metal then I can do a good job for you. I'm guessing it's going to be dubstep or Drum N Bass going from your uploaded tracks, but who knows?

:)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 07:04 PM Reply

I second the notion that you contact Mrmilkcarton.

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:11 AM Reply

Just FYI I already did the master for him.

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:52 AM Reply

For those who want to hear it, here it is.

Thanks for all the responses. Happy New Year!

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:08 AM Reply

At 1/2/13 01:52 AM, DJM4C wrote: For those who want to hear it, here it is.

You should be posting links to your songs only in the Audio Ad thread (linked below).

Also, since MrMilkcarton did the mastering work, you should credit him as such in the credits ;)

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Review Request Club Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need mastering engineer Jan. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 1/2/13 02:08 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/2/13 01:52 AM, DJM4C wrote: For those who want to hear it, here it is.
You should be posting links to your songs only in the Audio Ad thread (linked below).

Also, since MrMilkcarton did the mastering work, you should credit him as such in the credits ;)
Thank-you for your attention.

I don't need credit, it's fine. I told him that in the e-mail as well.