New Topic Respond to this Topic
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Yes, being a slut is very shameful. Even in our mostly liberal society, wanton sex with people you met that day is still considered extremely shameful, with no sense of pride or self worth. If I knew a girl friend of mine was sleeping with a different guy each week I would ask her if she needs help and try very hard to get her to not do that for her own safety. Not only that, if I knew that girl had the common reputation of being a "slut" before I met her, I wouldn't look at her twice. Too much disease and obvious self degradation for me to want to even say hello. I don't mean to seem very cruel, she might be a nice person on the inside, but if I took the time to get beyond the surface layer of every person I meet to find their inner goodness, it would take a lifetime just to make a good amount of friends.

Although honestly, I must really wonder why you want an internet forum's opinions on a moral subject. I'm not sure but from what I've ever witnessed perhaps shame is something that only exists in the real world. Having a sense of pride and/or honor online is kinda pointless, considering most people only care about how apathetic and logical one can be. Makes the internet super edgy though right?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Psychopath
Psychopath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 01:12 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Women can fuck any dude they want, at anytime. They do not need to work for it, therefore if they jump into bed with whoever, it just shows they have no self control. It takes no skill, or personality for a girl to have sex. They just go up to a guy, and ask for it, and that' it.

So if this came up to you and ask you to have sex with her, you'd do it?

"slut Shaming Is Wrong"

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

if a lock opens with a lot of keys it's a shit lock but if a key opens a lot of locks its a good key

quit being a bimbo

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:30 PM Reply

Unless they're fucking your significant other, who gives a shit what sluts do?

<3

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

long post whatever I'm not editing it nope

At 12/30/12 12:22 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The large quantities of males trying to talk to me to want to know about me so they can fuck me, they weren't even trying to be subtle and any that did were obviously seen through.

How guys treat women on the internet is something I find to be absolutely hilarious, particularly on Newgrounds. Dozens of people will flock to the newspost of one girl or another but if you ask them whether they're trying to have sex with this girl, most will deny it, saying things such as "I'm just being friendly" or "I would say this to a guy, too." Yet what they actually post is so not subtle that if they acted this way toward a girl in real life, they would be rejected in under sixty seconds. It's great entertainment when scores of them lay down their lives for the girl in a debate.

But while I find this all to be great amusing fun to watch, this behavior does have the unfortunate side effect of objectifying women's presence. If you are a female user of any site who actually acts like a woman, you basically divide the people around you into two groups: the group of people who like you because you're a girl and the group of people who hate you because you're a girl. Your actual contributions take a backseat, and neither of these two groups actually respect you for your individual merits. If you want to be treated the same as everyone else, and if you want to know that people support you due to the quality of your contributions and not just because you have tits, you have to act like you don't have tits.

I see slut shaming as being similar. Society believes that women have a significantly smaller sexual drive than they actually do so when a women starts to explore that, that's all society looks at. If you are known for being sexual, that all you'll be known for, and the people around you will either like you because you're sexual or dislike because you're sexual. Much like how it's not expected that internet girls can be both feminine and intelligent, it's not expected that women can be both sexual and intelligent, which is entirely false. People seem to have a general consensus that if a woman is sleeping around, it's because she can't accomplish anything more, and that's wrong. I should note that this is also kind of true for men, as well, though the issue is to a lesser degree.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 01:30 PM, steph2568 wrote: Unless they're fucking your significant other, who gives a shit what sluts do?

This. Seriously, sluts are awesome when you're single. Why would you complain about women who are willing to have sex with you without all that long-term courting. If you are in a relationship, sluts are awesome too because the dogs will go for them instead of hitting on your girl.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 01:22 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Yes, being a slut is very shameful. Even in our mostly liberal society, wanton sex with people you met that day is still considered extremely shameful, with no sense of pride or self worth.

Seems to me like you're justifying your assertion that being a slut is shameful by saying that society already thinks it's shameful, which isn't really an argument. Society thinks a lot of things, and not all of them are right. Granted, there are diseases but it's fairly easy to prevent those by using protection during sex. Other than that, you haven't really justified why you think it's shameful. Some sluts have no self respect but I know others who do. Self respect is something you give to or take from yourself so no one action or activity gets to decide whether you respect yourself.

Although honestly, I must really wonder why you want an internet forum's opinions on a moral subject.

Beats talking about our dicks again.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

Average woman looking for sex- she can ask for it and get it.
Average man asking for sex- he has to jump through flaming hoops with dog shit on them.

It's like a fat guy eating a donut and asking why people call him a fat fuck. It's cos it's fucking gluttonous.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.
Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 02:04 PM, Rapacity wrote: Average woman looking for sex- she can ask for it and get it.
Average man asking for sex- he has to jump through flaming hoops with dog shit on them.

It's like a fat guy eating a donut and asking why people call him a fat fuck. It's cos it's fucking gluttonous.

Thank you for better explaining what I meant to say

Seattle1234
Seattle1234
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

So you guys think that women who sell their bodies are justified for doing so?

e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:21 PM Reply

my friend told me the other day that he would define the word "bitch" as a woman who would sleep with everyone except you

slut-shaming is just an immature way of venting out envy

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 10:35 AM, slugathor wrote: At 12/30/12 11:12 AM, AutisticSpaceCrab wrote: At 12/30/12 11:28 AM, saqwert wrote: At 12/30/12 01:12 PM, LemonCrush wrote:

You guys realize that slut-shaming only perpetuates the disadvantage you're talking about, right? A disadvantage that, by the way, you're all massively overstating and making me wonder if any of you actually have any female friends.

Also, this whole idea of "working for it" just sounds like some creepy-ass Jay T. Dawgzone shit to me. It suggests that sex is adversarial in nature and that the girl is the opponent and then the prize, which aside from being horribly sexist is also just a totally miserable way to look at relationships.

But anyway, to get back to my main point: living in a society that shames them for wanting to have sex makes girls act more passively in sexual situations and puts a heavier burden on guys to make the moves. Duh. Clearly it's a situation that nobody's happy with, so we ought to change it. And the first step is fostering a society that's more sex-positive for girls.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Angel's Egg (Oshii, 1985, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Scarface
Scarface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Normally men are misogynist and sexist if they have sex with a prostitute, and now apparently it's also misogynist and sexist for them to not want to have sex with a prostitute. Great.

Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
TimeWarfare1
TimeWarfare1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 02:53 PM Reply

Bottom line. It's very disgusting when a women sells herself for money. And then claims she likes doing it and it's a good "lifestyle choice" and makes "good money". What the fuck is that about.

Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 02:53 PM, TimeWarfare1 wrote: Bottom line. It's very disgusting when a women sells herself for money. And then claims she likes doing it and it's a good "lifestyle choice" and makes "good money". What the fuck is that about.

Bottom line. It's the woman's body, she can do what she wants with it provided she doesn't hurt anyone.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 02:27 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:

:It suggests that sex is adversarial in nature and that the girl is the opponent and then the prize, which aside from being horribly sexist is also just a totally miserable way to look at relationships.

Well, I guess you just have a sexist mindset then.

TimeWarfare1
TimeWarfare1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 03:02 PM, Rapacity wrote:
At 12/30/12 02:53 PM, TimeWarfare1 wrote:

Bottom line. It's the woman's body, she can do what she wants with it provided she doesn't hurt anyone.

What if you had a daughter in the future, would that still apply?

Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 03:08 PM, TimeWarfare1 wrote:
At 12/30/12 03:02 PM, Rapacity wrote:
At 12/30/12 02:53 PM, TimeWarfare1 wrote:

What if you had a daughter in the future, would that still apply?

Appeal to emotion, but if she could prostitute herself legally I wouldn't stop her. There are lots of safeguards in place at a brothel that would stop her from getting STD's etc.

zmatt007
zmatt007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

If people got over whats beautiful and whats ugly we would never have these problems. In the old days, they weren't given a chance of who you were going to be with the rest of your life. It was "Bitch you marry this guy, or live on the streets and die." We abuse our freedom so much, its to the point where we don't give a flying fuck what the persons personality is. If they have a 'hot body' you try to do anything to get in their pants.

But of course my sensible knowledge doesn't apply to the fact why people commit suicide because of our stereotypical asses of appearances.

MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

I wouldn't consider a girl who has a lot of sex, a slut. Women love sex, couldn't be more natural. Fuck social programming!

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

People have sex with complete strangers? Shit what am i missing out on?

Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 03:57 PM, MagicMichael66 wrote: I wouldn't consider a girl who has a lot of sex, a slut. Women love sex, couldn't be more natural. Fuck social programming!

Right, enjoy ur herpes.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Tumblr is filled with entitled children. The views and opinions expressed on tumblr are little more than joke fodder.

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

I found this on Tumblr.

Almost stopped reading right there.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Its wrong to judge others, rape is wrong, its wrong to encourage dangerous harmful lifestyles, and thats common sense. Thats all I have to say on whatever this is.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 07:13 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 03:30 PM, zmatt007 wrote: We abuse our freedom so much, its to the point where we don't give a flying fuck what the persons personality is. If they have a 'hot body' you try to do anything to get in their pants.

I'd say that's a generalization. There are plenty of people out there of both genders who care about personality just as much if not more so than appearance, and they're not even that hard to find, especially after grade school. If you're consistently running into people who turn out to be purely superficial, then you may want to consider going after a different type of person.

At 12/30/12 04:46 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Tumblr is filled with entitled children. The views and opinions expressed on tumblr are little more than joke fodder.

Tumblr makes my anus bleed.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

woman were created for men's sexual pleasure and to do the housework.

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 06:09 AM, Gagsy wrote: Yep. One of the worst double standards we have, how a guy can sleep around and he's just a player but a girl who sleeps around is a slut. And don't get me started on that annoying lock/key metaphor guys are so keen to use. It has nothing to do with sex.

Also on the topic of men seeing women as sex objects

There IS NO DOUBLE STANDARD HERE.

Women get shamed FOR getting laid, men get shamed FOR NOT getting laid.

Sexual shaming directed at women: "You fucking slut, look at all these guys you fucked."

Sexual shaming directed at men: "You fucking pimple faced limp-dicked virgin, you'll never get laid."

There are biological, and social reasons for this.

I could elaborate more on this if pressured.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 08:03 PM Reply

^Where have you been?

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" Dec. 30th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

At 12/30/12 08:03 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 12/30/12 08:02 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
i'm so glad you're here, we needed a dumb futa-loving misogynist to tell me that i'm uselessly spouting ad hominem

OH LOL INDEED!

So let me get this straight, i come into this thread and reply to a commen posted by Gagsy, a female. I am not abrasive, disrespectul, or rude.

You then go on to respond to me that makes me question your sanity, and cognitive ability.

Infact, you are so stupid that you didn't even attempt to respond to my post with logic, reason, and rationality, you instead lazily used strawmans, ad-hominems, and downright lies.

Like a drugged up 6 year old.

I have never said anything that could even remotely be seen as hatred towards the female collective, i am not stupid(you are, and the evidence is incriminating). Infact, the only reason that various people on The BBS believe that i hate women is because of mental midget idiots like yourself being dumb-founded by my (in comparison) radiating intellect.

YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature