00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"slut Shaming Is Wrong"

5,925 Views | 68 Replies

"slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 05:41:26

I found this on Tumblr. How much of this do you agree with, and why? Do you think women SHOULD be held responsible for choosing such a lifestyle as prostitution, and being judged for it? I personally think women who don't respect themselves and allow themselves to be exploited for cash, or for anything, those women are trash and deserve the shit they get.

"Women are not allowed to express themselves sexually without being scrutinized by other men AND women. Slut-shaming contributes to rape culture, where it is okay to rape a woman because she was âEU~asking for itâEUTM. It promotes grrrl hate, which is completely detrimental to the feminist movement and only creates more internal sexism. The message it is sending to girls is: sex is bad. Sex can never be good. And having sex more than once is the worst thing you can do and everyone is going to hate you for it.

The message it is sending to men: girls who have sex are sluts. If you come in contact with one of these so called âEUoeslutsâEU you can do whatever you want to them because they are not full, whole human beings. Just objects. Slut-shaming is in itself an objectification of womenâEUTMs bodies. Of their sexuality. With all that said, if you slut-shame IâEUTMll call you out on it. WE will call you out on it. ItâEUTMs not funny, itâEUTMs not cool and it is certainly not feminist to slut-shame. things slut shamers really need to understand:

1. i do not give a single fuck whether you respect me or not. the point is not to gain your respect. the point is to dismantle a system that justifies and encourages violence against women by policing and denouncing female sexuality.

2. strangers can and do have sex with each other. if you donâEUTMt like that idea, then donâEUTMt have sex with strangers. MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE.

3. i do not need to respect someone to fuck them.

4. my sex life has nothing to do with how much self respect i have. except maybe that as my self esteem grows, i am more comfortable doing pretty much anything sexually. U MAD?

5. even if i had no self respect at all, THATâEUTMS NOT YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

6. the amount of respect someone has for themselves should not impact whether you respect them or not. think about that for a second.

7. the word âEU~slutâEUTM does not have a single definition. you might define it in a very specific way in a weak attempt to justify slut shaming. guess what? itâEUTMs still bullshit.

8. other peopleâEUTMs sex lives are none of your business. PERIOD.

9. your slut shaming is pathetic, misogynist, sexist, and makes you a total asshole. no exceptions. keep that shit to yourself."

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 05:42:38

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 05:51:12

At 12/30/12 05:48 AM, Sekhem wrote: you act like u have experience in being slut shamed *rolls eyes*

learn about the gender economy

I don't have experience in that, because I'm not a fucking moron, and I don't act out. I don't do anything stupid in my personal life that people would frown upon. I've done nothing worth being "shamed" over.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 05:58:37

People should do what the fuck they want. If I thought anyone would pay to see me naked I would be doing that shit all day. Why should I give a shit what anyone else is doing if it doesn't directly affect me?

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 06:04:59

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 06:05:53

I use to luv hoes but I found out it's wrong

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 06:09:23

Yep. One of the worst double standards we have, how a guy can sleep around and he's just a player but a girl who sleeps around is a slut. And don't get me started on that annoying lock/key metaphor guys are so keen to use. It has nothing to do with sex.

Also on the topic of men seeing women as sex objects;

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 06:52:17

At 12/30/12 05:41 AM, Seattle1234 wrote: I found this on Tumblr. How much of this do you agree with, and why? Do you think women SHOULD be held responsible for choosing such a lifestyle as prostitution, and being judged for it? I personally think women who don't respect themselves and allow themselves to be exploited for cash, or for anything, those women are trash and deserve the shit they get.

You bring up prostitution, but have you ever thought of the fact that not every prostitute chose for that lifestyle? There are plenty of women who were forced into it and others who didn't saw any other way of making an income.

And what's wrong with the women (or men) who consciously chose for it? I don't see how they let themselves get exploited (they want it after all) and why they don't deserve your respect. I know prostitution is one of those things that's frowned upon by society, but essentially they're just doing a job to make a living. As far as I can tell it's only shameful because society says it's shameful.

At 12/30/12 05:51 AM, Seattle1234 wrote:
At 12/30/12 05:48 AM, Sekhem wrote: you act like u have experience in being slut shamed *rolls eyes*

I don't have experience in that, because I'm not a fucking moron, and I don't act out. I don't do anything stupid in my personal life that people would frown upon. I've done nothing worth being "shamed" over.

Not everybody is born with a good working pair of brains, not everybody is as lucky in life as you are and we all make mistakes sometimes.

It's not fair to look down upon people for those reasons in my opinion.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 06:58:08

Slut-shaming is probably the most sensible thing tumblr is mad about. Shag on sisters.

how dare you not acknowledge my otherkin werehog diaperplay persona

in outer space there will be no law to keep me from love

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 07:59:43

At 12/30/12 05:51 AM, Seattle1234 wrote:

It's interesting that you're proud of that. The way you phrased it implies that doing stupid stuff that people frown upon is bad, whereas doing stupid stuff that society accepts is ok.

Relevant xkcd comic:

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 08:09:07

At 12/30/12 08:07 AM, 24901miles wrote:
At 11/12/13 00:00 AM, AllTheseFucks wrote: a ton of words about some bullshit
You guys are fucking retarded. They're emotions, why the fuck would you go around trying to convince someone to use different emotions.

There's a whole vocation for that.

in outer space there will be no law to keep me from love

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 10:25:48

morality is always subjective til' i stamp a ho's face

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 10:35:59

At 12/30/12 06:09 AM, Gagsy wrote: Yep. One of the worst double standards we have, how a guy can sleep around and he's just a player but a girl who sleeps around is a slut. And don't get me started on that annoying lock/key metaphor guys are so keen to use. It has nothing to do with sex.

Well that lock/key metaphore is shit but you must see that the slut label and the stud label is not equal.

Im not saying that slut should be used as an insult I just want more people to recognize the fact that being a slut is a choice and being a stud is an achievment.

All sluts have to do is to be there while studs have to be at a physical peak, be funny but not smartasses, be good looking, at least look like they are rich and a near telepathic understanding of what girls are thinking.

So Im sort of agreeing with you but also not.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 10:51:49

What is the exact definition of a slut anyway? 98% of the time I use that word it's in an erotic scenario and is meant more as a compliment than an insult.

The Google dictionary definition of "slut" is as follows:

A slovenly or promiscuous woman.

This is really no different from what's happened several hundred years ago during different religious conquests where everyone you didn't like was a 'heretic'. But if you get called a heretic nowadays, a good chunk of people will respect you for it. And certainly precious few people would judge you for heresy.

If a woman sleeps around a lot, then maybe she is a slut. But it's not the definition that's inaccurate; it's the connotation, the judgment. I could care less how much or how little people sleep around. Hell, why should I care about what someone else is doing anyway? It doesn't affect me; I'm no more likely to shame someone than I am to congratulate someone based on their behavior. Unless it has something to do with me I stay the hell away.

Maybe the rest of western culture is judgmental or holds a double standard against women, but to be quite frank, I'm far too apathetic to hold any judgments about anyone.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 11:12:40

I don't think it's wrong. there's a reason for slut shaming and im pretty sure it derived from the risk of pregnancy. Men can't get pregnant. Nobody wan't a bastard child, and men will always feel less obligated to stay with the child then the mother, especially if he cheating on his spouse. Woman who sleep around have the risk of burden.

Another possible reasoning is that, woman pretty much can get sex for free. Guys wan't pussy, and that's all they wan't. Guys do not get that shit for free, they have to work for it, unless he's fucking a SLUT. Guys have to be the alpha male, while woman just have wait to get fucked, now it's their choice whether they want to or not

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 11:33:37

At 12/30/12 11:12 AM, AutisticSpaceCrab wrote: I don't think it's wrong. there's a reason for slut shaming and im pretty sure it derived from the risk of pregnancy. Men can't get pregnant. Nobody wan't a bastard child, and men will always feel less obligated to stay with the child then the mother, especially if he cheating on his spouse. Woman who sleep around have the risk of burden.

Abortion. That's all I need to say. Also, you do realize that you're debating the merits of slut shaming under the premise that it's perfectly cool for the father to be a deadbeat right?

Another possible reasoning is that, woman pretty much can get sex for free.

By that logic it should be easy for any given elderly woman to seduce the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger; this is operating underneath the premise that all women are sexually attractive by default and that men are morons who will fuck anything if given the opportunity.

Guys wan't pussy, and that's all they wan't.

To generalize is to be an idiot, ergo you. Additionally, what about homosexuals? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

Guys do not get that shit for free, they have to work for it, unless he's fucking a SLUT. Guys have to be the alpha male, while woman just have wait to get fucked, now it's their choice whether they want to or not

Yes, because I'm sure that there exists no such thing as unappealing women.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 12:21:12

At 12/30/12 10:35 AM, slugathor wrote: All sluts have to do is to be there while studs have to be at a physical peak, be funny but not smartasses, be good looking, at least look like they are rich and a near telepathic understanding of what girls are thinking.

That's actually not as true as it may seem. A woman who puts as much effort into her appearance as the average guy does--that is, the girl who wears sweatpants and baggy sweatshirts all the time, who doesn't wear any makeup, who does nothing with her hair, and who's pudgy because she only goes to the gym once in a while--doesn't find it that easy to pick guys up on a whim unless she's aiming for the lowest common denominator of sleaze. The girls who can pick up guys with ease put as much effort in as the studs via their hair, makeup, and clothes and how much they have to watch their diets and exercise to keep their figure. They also have to be outgoing and have good people skills, which is often a task that can be challenging for women, who tend be more shy on average.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 12:22:20

At 12/30/12 06:09 AM, Gagsy wrote: Yep. One of the worst double standards we have, how a guy can sleep around and he's just a player but a girl who sleeps around is a slut. And don't get me started on that annoying lock/key metaphor guys are so keen to use. It has nothing to do with sex.

It is upsetting that people are like that, mostly men. As much as I don't care about gender differences it really is true that such a large percentage of the male population does have such views towards women where they exist for sex and obviously they need sex and they should get it, which woman doesn't matter as long as they get some hole to fuck. But a mans hole is a definite no as they are not gay and will never fuck a mans ass and will hate anyone that does, while they personally go on about wanting to fuck a womans ass. Because obviously that is utterly different!

I personally am aware of how males act online from the times I have pretended to be female. The large quantities of males trying to talk to me to want to know about me so they can fuck me, they weren't even trying to be subtle and any that did were obviously seen through.

As a male I understand my sexual urges and my desire to have them satisfied. But they are all easily managed personally allowing me to get close to a single person. Anyone who lacks the basic self control to keep their animal traits down isn't worth their 'intellectual' mind.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 12:42:18

I personally am not bothered by a women who casually sleeps around for sex, or what have you. But when it comes to selling your body, and being proud of what you do, and calling that "making a living", or "making easy money", that's what pisses me off.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 12:51:48

I can think of several reasons why whores should be shamed

-STDs
-Lose pussy
-Unwanted children in a relationship

There, I just proved those whores wrong. It's their fault if they spread herpes by sleeping around.

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.

Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 12:55:35

At 12/30/12 12:42 PM, Seattle1234 wrote: I personally am not bothered by a women who casually sleeps around for sex, or what have you. But when it comes to selling your body, and being proud of what you do, and calling that "making a living", or "making easy money", that's what pisses me off.

Prostitution has been around since time immemorial, it may have grown to become illegal in many areas as of late but it is still a profession. Prostitutes can indeed make very easy money and in large amounts if their beauty and skill is good enough to please. As long as they do it where it is legal I have absolutely no problem at all with such jobs, in fact I am very much in favour of making prostitution legal to remove it from the underground where pimps can function and they can be hurt and abused, and have it as a legal profession in legal brothels where they can work for themselves under a smart roof and service customers with their own standards.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:00:35

At 12/30/12 12:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 12/30/12 12:42 PM, Seattle1234 wrote:

:prostitutes can indeed make very easy money and in large amounts if their beauty and skill is good enough to please. As long as they do it where it is legal I have absolutely no problem at all with such jobs, in fact I am very much in favour of making prostitution legal to remove it from the underground where pimps can function and they can be hurt and abused, and have it as a legal profession in legal brothels where they can work for themselves under a smart roof and service customers with their own standards.

You deserve to get shot for saying some stupid shit like that.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:07:58

At 12/30/12 12:55 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

I am very much in favour of making prostitution legal to remove it from the underground where pimps can function and they can be hurt and abused, and have it as a legal profession in legal brothels where they can work for themselves under a smart roof and service customers with their own standards.

That's just fucked up. Get the hell off the internet.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:12:18

The difference between a slut and stud is obvious and legitimate.

Women can fuck any dude they want, at anytime. They do not need to work for it, therefore if they jump into bed with whoever, it just shows they have no self control. It takes no skill, or personality for a girl to have sex. They just go up to a guy, and ask for it, and that' it.

A guy, has to work for it, and that's why it's viewed as good or cool when guys sleep around. Because it's a skill/ability they've mastered.

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:22:54

Yes, being a slut is very shameful. Even in our mostly liberal society, wanton sex with people you met that day is still considered extremely shameful, with no sense of pride or self worth. If I knew a girl friend of mine was sleeping with a different guy each week I would ask her if she needs help and try very hard to get her to not do that for her own safety. Not only that, if I knew that girl had the common reputation of being a "slut" before I met her, I wouldn't look at her twice. Too much disease and obvious self degradation for me to want to even say hello. I don't mean to seem very cruel, she might be a nice person on the inside, but if I took the time to get beyond the surface layer of every person I meet to find their inner goodness, it would take a lifetime just to make a good amount of friends.

Although honestly, I must really wonder why you want an internet forum's opinions on a moral subject. I'm not sure but from what I've ever witnessed perhaps shame is something that only exists in the real world. Having a sense of pride and/or honor online is kinda pointless, considering most people only care about how apathetic and logical one can be. Makes the internet super edgy though right?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:25:29

At 12/30/12 01:12 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Women can fuck any dude they want, at anytime. They do not need to work for it, therefore if they jump into bed with whoever, it just shows they have no self control. It takes no skill, or personality for a girl to have sex. They just go up to a guy, and ask for it, and that' it.

So if this came up to you and ask you to have sex with her, you'd do it?

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:27:43

if a lock opens with a lot of keys it's a shit lock but if a key opens a lot of locks its a good key

quit being a bimbo

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:30:41

Unless they're fucking your significant other, who gives a shit what sluts do?

<3

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:34:04

long post whatever I'm not editing it nope

At 12/30/12 12:22 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The large quantities of males trying to talk to me to want to know about me so they can fuck me, they weren't even trying to be subtle and any that did were obviously seen through.

How guys treat women on the internet is something I find to be absolutely hilarious, particularly on Newgrounds. Dozens of people will flock to the newspost of one girl or another but if you ask them whether they're trying to have sex with this girl, most will deny it, saying things such as "I'm just being friendly" or "I would say this to a guy, too." Yet what they actually post is so not subtle that if they acted this way toward a girl in real life, they would be rejected in under sixty seconds. It's great entertainment when scores of them lay down their lives for the girl in a debate.

But while I find this all to be great amusing fun to watch, this behavior does have the unfortunate side effect of objectifying women's presence. If you are a female user of any site who actually acts like a woman, you basically divide the people around you into two groups: the group of people who like you because you're a girl and the group of people who hate you because you're a girl. Your actual contributions take a backseat, and neither of these two groups actually respect you for your individual merits. If you want to be treated the same as everyone else, and if you want to know that people support you due to the quality of your contributions and not just because you have tits, you have to act like you don't have tits.

I see slut shaming as being similar. Society believes that women have a significantly smaller sexual drive than they actually do so when a women starts to explore that, that's all society looks at. If you are known for being sexual, that all you'll be known for, and the people around you will either like you because you're sexual or dislike because you're sexual. Much like how it's not expected that internet girls can be both feminine and intelligent, it's not expected that women can be both sexual and intelligent, which is entirely false. People seem to have a general consensus that if a woman is sleeping around, it's because she can't accomplish anything more, and that's wrong. I should note that this is also kind of true for men, as well, though the issue is to a lesser degree.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to "slut Shaming Is Wrong" 2012-12-30 13:34:14

At 12/30/12 01:30 PM, steph2568 wrote: Unless they're fucking your significant other, who gives a shit what sluts do?

This. Seriously, sluts are awesome when you're single. Why would you complain about women who are willing to have sex with you without all that long-term courting. If you are in a relationship, sluts are awesome too because the dogs will go for them instead of hitting on your girl.