I found this on Tumblr. How much of this do you agree with, and why? Do you think women SHOULD be held responsible for choosing such a lifestyle as prostitution, and being judged for it? I personally think women who don't respect themselves and allow themselves to be exploited for cash, or for anything, those women are trash and deserve the shit they get.
"Women are not allowed to express themselves sexually without being scrutinized by other men AND women. Slut-shaming contributes to rape culture, where it is okay to rape a woman because she was âEU~asking for itâEUTM. It promotes grrrl hate, which is completely detrimental to the feminist movement and only creates more internal sexism. The message it is sending to girls is: sex is bad. Sex can never be good. And having sex more than once is the worst thing you can do and everyone is going to hate you for it.
The message it is sending to men: girls who have sex are sluts. If you come in contact with one of these so called âEUoeslutsâEU you can do whatever you want to them because they are not full, whole human beings. Just objects. Slut-shaming is in itself an objectification of womenâEUTMs bodies. Of their sexuality. With all that said, if you slut-shame IâEUTMll call you out on it. WE will call you out on it. ItâEUTMs not funny, itâEUTMs not cool and it is certainly not feminist to slut-shame. things slut shamers really need to understand:
1. i do not give a single fuck whether you respect me or not. the point is not to gain your respect. the point is to dismantle a system that justifies and encourages violence against women by policing and denouncing female sexuality.
2. strangers can and do have sex with each other. if you donâEUTMt like that idea, then donâEUTMt have sex with strangers. MORALITY IS SUBJECTIVE.
3. i do not need to respect someone to fuck them.
4. my sex life has nothing to do with how much self respect i have. except maybe that as my self esteem grows, i am more comfortable doing pretty much anything sexually. U MAD?
5. even if i had no self respect at all, THATâEUTMS NOT YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
6. the amount of respect someone has for themselves should not impact whether you respect them or not. think about that for a second.
7. the word âEU~slutâEUTM does not have a single definition. you might define it in a very specific way in a weak attempt to justify slut shaming. guess what? itâEUTMs still bullshit.
8. other peopleâEUTMs sex lives are none of your business. PERIOD.
9. your slut shaming is pathetic, misogynist, sexist, and makes you a total asshole. no exceptions. keep that shit to yourself."