New Topic Respond to this Topic
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 08:25:11 Reply

I don't think anyone will examine your shoes, it's just pointless.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 08:42:37 Reply

Whatever someone is an atheist or religious I find annoying when people find the need to force upon other what they believe (or don't believe), and this is just dumb why of doing it since nobody except you and maybe few others will ever see it.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 15:53:09 Reply

Why would anyone pay money for shoes that don't even have any designs on them? Since atheist means a lack of belief, then it doesn't make any sense to even have an organization for it. Of course, that might explain why there's nothing on the shoes, since they represent the nothing that atheists believe in. Honestly, you could do the same thing with religious people and have something that says you believe in God.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 15:54:59 Reply

At 12/30/12 03:53 PM, Ericho wrote: Since atheist means a lack of belief

It means absence of belief in deities.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 16:32:24 Reply

At 12/30/12 04:06 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 12/30/12 03:55 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I love how Autism is an insult now.

Children with Autism are beautiful and intelligent.
Why do they have to be beautiful and intelligent? Can they just be normal or just as caring?

Because I'm biased and actually referring to children I know and love.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 17:17:32 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:03 PM, HighWay wrote: why would i want my shoes to tell everyone I'm an asshole?

Typical monotheist retard behavior :)

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 17:18:54 Reply

Nothings more better than shoving your belief in peoples faces.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 17:25:14 Reply

At 12/30/12 05:10 AM, TailsPrower wrote: I already stated that religion is a notable example. Even if your unfounded claim was true, this does not make the reason behind it unique. And let's not look at how it keeps families and communities together, no. Let's just conveniently focus on the negatives because we're obviously trying to be objective here. lol.

There's a lot more negatives to religion than there are positives. People feel the need to use religion as some sort of guidance to keep themselves together, and it's become a subject that's so sensitive that if ANYONE has a different view on it, you're subjected to hate that person.

Fun Fact: Most wars in history have started because of religion.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 17:26:35 Reply

At 12/30/12 04:47 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 12/30/12 02:43 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: One of the reasons I dislike religion because it causes unnecessary hate. How are you making the World a more peaceful place if you threaten violence for your cause. Fucking 12 year old. You think you're so entitled.
Your sweeping generalization makes for a very convincing argument. It's really cute, actually.

Well of course I'm generalizing. It's a massive issue. Do you really think I have time to accurately depict the way in which religion is harming the Worlds intelligence? This is the BBS and I don't really care enough to go into the detail that is require to make this argument properly.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:35:42 Reply

Xenomit's a dickhole.

At 12/30/12 07:15 AM, Swag-in-a-Bag wrote: Gotta get me sum Air Yeezys now.
#JesusWalks

jee. zuss. walks. jee. zuss. walks. with me.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:42:34 Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSMC5rWvos

Relevant Neil DeGrasse Tyson wisdom.

Anyway, this is the kind of atheism that is partially responsible for why there's such a fierce divide between atheists and theists, why it's so difficult to have a civil conversation. It's not the only thing at fault but it certainly contributes. It just seems so ridiculous to me. We don't do that with most other beliefs. I don't know anyone who has don't believe in market regulations pride or don't stay in Afghanistan pride. But for some reason people seem to have don't believe in god pride as if coming to the conclusion that there's no god is some sort of accomplishment.

Then again, these shoes are just a business trying to profit off a social movement so I guess it's merely business as usual.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:45:19 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:03 PM, HighWay wrote: why would i want my shoes to tell everyone I'm an asshole?

Only the act of openly telling in such a way makes you even a possible asshole. Atheist = asshole? Since when is that a thing?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:51:22 Reply

Also, anyone who has under an $80,000 annual income who buys shoes over $50 for anything other than sports does not have the proper decision making skills to effectively form an opinion on religion. Dear lord.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:53:21 Reply

At 12/30/12 07:45 PM, Otto wrote:
At 12/29/12 09:03 PM, HighWay wrote:
Atheist = asshole? Since when is that a thing?

Paying over one hundred dollars for the sake of being an edgy tool = asshole is a thing.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:56:57 Reply

At 12/30/12 07:48 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: "look at me i may not believe in god but i'm trendy because i wear expensive shoes"

I don't see anything wrong with this.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 19:57:46 Reply

At 12/30/12 07:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 12/30/12 07:45 PM, Otto wrote:
At 12/29/12 09:03 PM, HighWay wrote:
Atheist = asshole? Since when is that a thing?
Paying over one hundred dollars for the sake of being an edgy tool = asshole is a thing.

Hang on a second, if you'd not cut out the bit where I said in so many words that buying such an expensive shoe might make you an ass hole, then you wouldn't have anything to say to me.

I'm asking when does being an Atheist make you an asshole? If we disregard putting it on a shoe. Because I'm talking about what HighWay said.

good one you spaz

BBS Signature
Ilssm
Ilssm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:00:21 Reply

Hang on a second, if you'd not cut out the bit where I said in so many words that buying such an expensive shoe might make you an ass hole, then you wouldn't have anything to say to me.

I'm asking when does being an Atheist make you an asshole? If we disregard putting it on a shoe. Because I'm talking about what HighWay said.

It doesn't, so long as they are respectful about it. Although these kind of shoes among other things seems to be a step in the wrong direction.

I make stupid animations with MsPaint.

Also Omega Team.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:03:54 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:00 PM, Ilssm wrote:

It doesn't, so long as they are respectful about it. Although these kind of shoes among other things seems to be a step in the wrong direction.

Well exactly my point and isn't it nice we can put that to bed.

My beef is with this illusion that all atheists are all unintelligible Dawkins wannabes, shouting and screaming. No, most are, and I am, very quiet about it, and had a long discussion at work the other day with a very religious man all about religion. We became good friends over it, I feel. Being an atheist does not equate to being an asshole. However I am aware that America may make the common atheist feel quite militant, which is understandable for a minority.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:06:27 Reply

At 12/30/12 07:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Xenomit's a dickhole.

For knowing that telling people you're an athiest doesn't make you an asshole? For knowing that the arguing between religion is retarded beyond description?

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Ilssm
Ilssm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:06:37 Reply

My beef is with this illusion that all atheists are all unintelligible Dawkins wannabes, shouting and screaming. No, most are, and I am, very quiet about it, and had a long discussion at work the other day with a very religious man all about religion. We became good friends over it, I feel. Being an atheist does not equate to being an asshole. However I am aware that America may make the common atheist feel quite militant, which is understandable for a minority.

Yeah. The few athiests that I've met in real life are usually pretty mellow, but unfortatley the majority of the ones I know are online and are almost always assholes. I really hope most aren't like that out in real life.

And where I live, I've personally never seen discrimination. Atheist, gay, different religions, etc. So I guess I'm out-of-touch with the rest of American society.

I make stupid animations with MsPaint.

Also Omega Team.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:16:14 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:06 PM, Ilssm wrote: Yeah. The few athiests that I've met in real life are usually pretty mellow, but unfortatley the majority of the ones I know are online and are almost always assholes. I really hope most aren't like that out in real life.

I think that's just the general effect of the internet. When there's anonymity involved, people are more likely to be more brutally honest or just upright disrespectful because there's no social consequence.

I go to a very liberal college, and as a consequence, I know many atheists. Some are closed minded and difficult to talk to while others are more willing to have a civil debate. I don't think it's any different than other issues. It depends a lot on how the person handles debate and having their opinions challenged in general, which is related to who they are as a person rather than the issue they're arguing about.

And where I live, I've personally never seen discrimination. Atheist, gay, different religions, etc. So I guess I'm out-of-touch with the rest of American society.

As stated, I'm in a very liberal environment so I don't really see discrimination against gays and the like. Though, I do see discrimination against people who don't share beliefs. If you're too conservative around here, some people--not all--will to hold it against you. I'd say liberals and conservatives are equal in the proportion of people who are closed minded versus those who are open to discussion, just in different areas. Same with atheists and religious people.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:17:32 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:10 PM, Scary wrote: its like those people who put the Darwin fish thing on their car. who gives a fuck.

The individual putting it on their car. Nothing anyone does has to be for the entertainment of other people.

TAB

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:17:38 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:10 PM, Scary wrote: buying expensive shoes is fine (as long as they're actually GOOD and not overpriced for a gimmick / brand status)

and being an athiest doesn't make you an asshole either

but the combination of buying clearly overpriced shoes to flaunt your absence of belief for a deity just stinks of edgy cunt

its like those people who put the Darwin fish thing on their car. who gives a fuck.

You know. I don't really see this as that edgy of a thing to do. They're nice shoes and they mean something to whoever is wearing them. If you support Atheism it's not crazy to want to show that or even just express it in a very subtle way.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:21:40 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:06 PM, Ilssm wrote: Yeah. The few athiests that I've met in real life are usually pretty mellow, but unfortatley the majority of the ones I know are online and are almost always assholes. I really hope most aren't like that out in real life.

That's the thing, you see. Atheists in America are the minority I believe, and any minority is a pent up person who'll vent their anger online. In Britain atheists are never cunts about it, because they are quietly and happily the majority, and it is often the religious who get very inyourface about it. See what I mean? Only religious (majority) countries have people who hold the belief that atheists are 'assholes' - anyone who feels angry at the society they live in becomes militant. I'm sure in the early 20th century if the internet were like it is now, repressed folk then would be going crazy online too, behind any kind of anonymity.

Obviously only wankers take a single dimension of their personality and flaunt it in real life in a negative way, so ignore them in regards to all this. Unless you're actually Richard Dawkins then it's not really a wise way to define yourself.

I hope everything I've said made sense.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:25:25 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:20 PM, Scary wrote: it is the attitude of it. 'look, i'm atheist. look, i put it on my car, so when you're stuck behind me in traffic, you can gaze upon it and think 'that dude is an atheist'. you'd be correct - i'm an atheist! i don't believe in god. yep. god doesn't exist. i'm an atheist. look.'

If that's what you think the attitude of it is...

Just ugh.

nobody cares that you're an atheist. not only that, but it looks tacky as shit. don't put that shit on your car.

Again, nothing anyone does has to be for the entertainment of other people.

TAB

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:30:01 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:06 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/30/12 07:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Xenomit's a dickhole.
For knowing that telling people you're an athiest doesn't make you an asshole? For knowing that the arguing between religion is retarded beyond description?

no, the way you throw around "autistic".

But I don't really think you're an asshole. I kinda posted without thinking first.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:39:59 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:32 PM, Scary wrote: There isn't a need to stamp your political or religious (or absence thereof) beliefs on your car. Or shoes.

There isn't a need to do a whole shitload of things. I could spend a few hours typing up a list of all the incredibly unnecessary things people do, but I wont. There isn't a need for it, but people do it because they want to. Get your shit over it.

And god forbid if you were a shirt with an atheist / christian slogan on it, i'd vomit on the spot.

You're coming off as a closed minded wad who has a high moral rightness, and thinks lowly of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

You shouldn't be a visual advertisement for your beliefs.

And who the fuck are you to decide that?

It is preachy and often needlessly confrontational.

Some issues with confrontation too, I see.

Anybody who can be arsed to buy one of those garish little atheist trinkets probably has a cum stained copy of The God Delusion in their back pocket they'll whip out at the first hint of Christianity.

Still with that attitude of yours.

The religious shouldn't cram their beliefs down our throats by walking around with essentially billboards on their shirts or cars, and neither should the anti-religious.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO DECIDE THAT?

Again, nothing anyone does has to be for the entertainment of other people.
That is true, but other people don't want to be near assholes either.

Wearing a shirt that sais your an athiest doesn't make you an asshole. You're just a high-standard cunt who thinks such.

By the way, I also hate things like this. I can't stand it when someone wears something like this. But I at least acknowledge that it doesn't make them an asshole.

TAB

BBS Signature
Rapacity
Rapacity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:46:48 Reply

I wear this on my shirt when I go out on the town LOL.

Atheist Shoes

The preceding post was probably made when I was wasted. Only a fool would think of it as fact.
Click here to see mushookieman get pwned.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 20:57:15 Reply

At 12/30/12 08:51 PM, Scary wrote: However, their preachy, confrontational, jam-it-down-your-throat

I literally stopped reading right there. I have seen "buhhh you're shoving it down mai throat DX" so much that I can't take anyone the least bit serious when they use it in an argument.

People have other opinions than you, get the literal fuck over it.

TAB

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Atheist Shoes 2012-12-30 21:11:57 Reply

At 12/30/12 09:06 PM, Scary wrote: also, i don't think you understand what literal even means, you keep using it incorrectly

I use it incorrectly on purpose, it focuses your attention to the areas that I incorrectly use it. I wanted you to really focus on "Get the fuck over it", so I added literal in there, and boom, it worked, you noticed it so well you pointed it out.

I do overuse it though.

TAB

BBS Signature