00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheArmoredAvian just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for 3d artist, some pay.

897 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-27 23:52:26

Hey ya'll.

I'm working on a few projects right now and looking for a 3d modeler who can do a simple cartoon style for a fan film I'm working on.

The models I need are pretty simple. Similiar to OSUKA's work.
Very simple characters like http://www.brianjin.com/
or something like this.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbdwoq_lucy-the-daughter-of -the-devil-s1e0_fun#.UN0iduRfDd4

Very simple in style. Here is the 2d equivalent
http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/5/ninja-turtles-animated-t ribute.html of the turtles. I want to do something in a similiar style but only in 3d.

Here is the list of models 1 need

1 Ninja Turtle esque character
1 Fox humanoid character

I'm basically doing a fan film of the ninja Turtles reimagined as Kappa Yokai.
Splinter is a 9 tails fox.

Episode 1: A group of young, mean and bad Kappas save a village from bandits but simply prove to be the lesser of 2 evils. An old man seeing their skill in stopping the bandits hires them to kill a 9 tails that is running rampant.
The Yokai find and fight the 9 tails fox who quickly and easily vanquishes them.
The 9 tails spares their lives revealing he was the old man that hired them. He becomes their master and agrees to teach them all he knows in order for them to someday defeat him and fulfill their contract of killing him. His reasons are all his own. In the meantime he trains them and sends them out on "goodwill" missions.

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 02:28:41

Just an .obj model with texture? Will you provide the reference drawings? How much pay?

At 12/27/12 11:52 PM, theflog wrote: Hey ya'll.

I'm working on a few projects right now and looking for a 3d modeler who can do a simple cartoon style for a fan film I'm working on

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 13:23:59

At 12/28/12 02:28 AM, maficmelody wrote: Just an .obj model with texture? Will you provide the reference drawings? How much pay?

At 12/27/12 11:52 PM, theflog wrote: Hey ya'll.

I'm working on a few projects right now and looking for a 3d modeler who can do a simple cartoon style for a fan film I'm working on

Yup. Just a plain OBJ with texture. I have a few stories I want to do in way of more personal projects but I was thinking the TMNT Yokai fan film might help attract viewers to my original stuff.

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 13:26:10

HEre is more of my original stuff

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 13:28:16

This is another one of the characters from my original works. Hopefully I can get them modeled someday as well. As far as pay is concerned it is negotiable. I mean I cannot pay a lot but I'm also up for a profit share since I'm going to be pushing my original work in a more commercial way.

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 13:32:48

This is the Legend of Kalimar. I'm really looking for a modeler more than just a work for hire but as a team.
I have created a work flow to be able to throw out movies quickly and at a higher level but need models to animate.

It is a combination of Rotoscoping, Motion Capture, Simulations and Keyframe Animation. With this way I can make about 3-10 minutes a month depending on if it is dialog vs action sequences.

But all I need is models cause I don't like the way I model. I am not good at it no matter how hard I try and I've been modeling for over 15 years. Buildings and props are fine but organic characters is not my thing.

Please help!! :)

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 14:00:06

i couldn't model organics to save my life either, until i got into zBrush. completely different ball-game in that program

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 18:31:22

At 12/28/12 02:00 PM, Max-Vador wrote: i couldn't model organics to save my life either, until i got into zBrush. completely different ball-game in that program

I have Zbrush myself and I'm a descent modeler. Just not good enough for my taste. Plus I'm doing simple characters and zbrush not to good with simple characters.

By far this is the best model I have ever done but not where I need it to be and really I want something more simple than that.

Response to Looking for 3d artist, some pay. 2012-12-28 19:34:57

Your model looks good. How about straight modeling in Maya/3D Max/Blender for getting your simple design. That's what I do, then add some detail in Mudbox/zBrush. Though because I can't get my maps to render correctly I just texture through photoshop.. :(

At 12/28/12 06:31 PM, theflog wrote:
At 12/28/12 02:00 PM, Max-Vador wrote: i couldn't model organics to save my life either, until i got into zBrush. completely different ball-game in that program
I have Zbrush myself and I'm a descent modeler... I want something more simple than that.

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |