New Topic Respond to this Topic
MaskedGuardian
MaskedGuardian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Wind instrument plugin? 2012-12-27 23:10:04 Reply

Does anyone know of a VST plugin (preferably a free one) that is capable of creating realistic instrumental sounds such as woodwind and brass? I want to try my hand at electro swing, but seeing how I lack the money/talent to buy/play several instruments besides the saxophone, I need something capable of making those sounds. I'm using FL Studio, by the way.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Wind instrument plugin? 2012-12-28 04:43:01 Reply

There are lots of Soundfonts, I'm sure someone will find the link for you to the forum's stockpile and you can seach for the threads on here too.

You could try SampleTank Free for a "decent" piano and flute and the occasional brass.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Wind instrument plugin? 2012-12-28 04:47:16 Reply

Get your hands on Kontakt Player, the free version of one of the best samplers VSTi. It comes with "Factory Selection" library which include a muted trumpet.
DVS Instruments also have a free saxophone plugin, not bad.
DSK Instruments has tons of freebies, including DSK SaxophoneZ, DSK Brass and DSK Overture, all of those usable if you tweak them a little.

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Wind instrument plugin? 2012-12-28 12:37:14 Reply

At 12/27/12 11:10 PM, MaskedGuardian wrote: Does anyone know of a VST plugin (preferably a free one) that is capable of creating realistic instrumental sounds such as woodwind and brass? I want to try my hand at electro swing, but seeing how I lack the money/talent to buy/play several instruments besides the saxophone, I need something capable of making those sounds. I'm using FL Studio, by the way.

I use brass and woodwind instruments from SAMPLE MODELING. They make very realistic sounds that emulate breath control. You can use knobs to control breath, but you can also use a breath controller you actually blow into. I have a very great example of FRENCH HORN and TRUMPET sounds of a song of mine.

First I'll link you to their site:
http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products.php

If you want to hear that track I made you'll have to refer to the link in my signature of my OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE and search for a song in the search bar called "GRASSY WORLD OVERTURE"

You can also use the same search on YouTube if you want to see the instruments in action within FL Studio 10.

Hope that helps!

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Wind instrument plugin? 2012-12-28 21:44:18 Reply

At 12/28/12 12:37 PM, deadlyfishes wrote: http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/products.php

This is probably the best brass you can get today in terms of realism, the new session horns from native instruments sounds pretty good too but it seems like you can't play any of the instruments alone (only combinations of 2+ available) which is completely retarded. Virtual woodwind I have little experience with, cept for some free soundfonts, got them in a huge soundfont archive that someone posted here a while ago, might be worth digging for if you don't care much for realism.

MaskedGuardian
MaskedGuardian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Wind instrument plugin? 2013-01-31 23:10:20 Reply

Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread - thank you all so much for the suggestions! I'll be looking into every one of them to see which one is best.