00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?)

2,075 Views | 24 Replies

After a crazy Christmas Holiday with a lot of running around & cleaning to do I have found coffee to be more of a help than ever. I wake up every morning around 6:30am, make a pot of coffee & by the time it's 9am I am already halfway through the pot. A lot of people think I drink too much coffee, but I feel I need it. Perhaps I do go a little over-board after the 2nd cup, really though it's hard to say where my body keeps telling me that I need MORE.

As I sit here typing this I am already on my 2nd cup of coffee & I've taken a shower, made my bed, cleaned my bedroom & started a sink full of dishes (we really need to invest in a dishwasher) I feel like if I didn't have the coffee for motivation I wouldn't nearly have as much accomplished at 8am.

Back to the main reason for this OP; I clearly drink a pot of coffee a day, if not more. Like I said, a lot of people think I drink too much... what do you think? Is it too much? Are there others out there that drink as much coffee as I do? How much coffee do you drink, if any at all?

Just a little curious, that is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:06:40

I will quite easily say I love my coffee, though I don't find that it energizes me anymore than usual.
So I will only have maybe 2-3 mugs of coffee everyday, just enough to get me through.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:09:45

I have found that a lot of people don't like the taste of coffee.

I feel as though I am junk without having coffee, like I am a zombie or something.

o.O... & just forget about approaching me before my first cup!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:20:38

None unless it has blueberry creamer in it.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:23:43

I don't get why a warm brown liquid that smells like earth is tasty.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:27:35

At 12/27/12 08:17 AM, StarF68 wrote: If you feel like you're dependent on it that may be a problem, do you get enough sleep?

I try to get enough sleep. I usually get about 5 hours or so a night.
It gets hard though to keep a steady sleep schedule with pressing work & family matters.

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 09:26:28

I usually drink 1-2 cups a day. Although my coffee consumption does go up in the winter when the temperature starts dropping pretty low, but even then I almost never drink more than 4 cups in a day and that's spread out through the day, not 4 cups just in the morning. I think more than 4 cups in a day is getting a bit excessive.

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 09:39:12

Over the past year or so I've started to drink coffee more frequently. I still can't take it without loads of sugar/cream but I have it once or twice a week now. It's a nice way to warm up.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:21:55

To be honest, I'm much more of a tea guy. It doesn't overstimulate me like coffee does, but there are those times where I feel so goddamn tired that I need something stronger than tea.

Signature...Ha...

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:25:56

I only drink tea, maybe eight times a day with shortcake. Tea4lyfe.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:27:41

At home I don't drink that much but at work I usually have around four cups simply because its free and easy to access.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 11:27:57

At 12/27/12 07:59 AM, BostonJax wrote: but I feel I need it. Perhaps I do go a little over-board after the 2nd cup, really though it's hard to say where my body keeps telling me that I need MORE.

Well from what I've heard, that's the thing with coffee. The more you drink it, the more you need it, but it actually doesn't make you any more energetic otherwise.

That's why I've been trying to cut back a bit. I drank about three cups a day eventually and I noticed I had more trouble concentrating in the early morning before I got a cup of coffee. I try to stick to one cup per day max now just so I don't get too dependant on it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 11:40:27

I probably have too many a day. I go through five cups on average and usually I try not to have any after 9 in the evening but if someone makes the drinks without even asking me, I just can't throw it away. :P

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:51:03

On campus, I drink one or two large cups of coffee to keep going. It's an addiction.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:53:07

I don't do jack shit but I still drink a ton of coffee.

''Thats what''

-She

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:23:04

Coffee!!! (I don't drink nearly enough)
Seriously, I only get in like, two cups a day, if not simply one. Some days I don't even drink it at all, I seriously don't know what's wrong with me.

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:45:08

I like a lot of flavored coffees too.

My sister just bought me a bag of Gingerbread Toffee flavored coffee for Xmas. I am rather curious to try it out. Though, I tried the gingerbread coffee from Dunkies & it tasted more like pumpkin than Ginerbread.

Gingerbread coffee reminds makes me think of gingerbread men swimming in a cup of coffee, like this:

Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?)

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:46:34

Coffee upsets my stomach and gives me the shits.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:47:32

Lately I've had maybe 3-5 large cups per day. I usually have coffee/tea when I am working on something. Since I'm in school, I am almost always working on something, so that means I am almost always drinking coffee. I also make a cup when I want to relax.

I found that after drinking a lot of coffee for a while, I would start to feel drained and sort of sick after having it, so I switched to decaf and I don't have that problem so much any more. I guess I just like the taste of it.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:07:50

I rather enjoy coffee, but I don't drink it very frequently. Caffeine does have a pretty strong effect on me, so I definitely drink coffee when I'm tired; however, I get a respectable amount of sleep on a daily basis.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:46:25

I do not consume caffeine. By willpower alone I stay awake for long periods of time. Train your body to utilize more of the hours of sleep so that they will be lessened, then you will not need external chemicals.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:54:19

I drink a cup immediately after waking up, which helps me get through typical morning duties. I pick up a red eye (coffee with a shot of espresso) at a cafe on the way to work and drink 2-4 cups while at work, because it's free and I find I'm able to get more done in less time and therefore have more time to dick around on NG later in the day. I'll also chug two cups before lifting, because it gives me lots of energy. I'm just now realizing that I probably drink way too much coffee...

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 16:08:29

http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

Try some of that shit, light roasted.

It's tasty as hell, but goddamn it's got a rough aroma

BBS Signature

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 17:38:55

I rarely drink coffee. Once in a blue moon I'll make some myself, but most of the time, I will buy an iced coffee from Starbucks or something. Caffeine doesn't affect me, so I mainly just drink it for the taste. I can pound 5 cans of Monster in one day, and sleep like a baby.

Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 18:34:07

Coffee tastes like shit and the caffeine doesn't even work on me.

<3

BBS Signature