New Topic Respond to this Topic
BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 07:59:45 Reply

After a crazy Christmas Holiday with a lot of running around & cleaning to do I have found coffee to be more of a help than ever. I wake up every morning around 6:30am, make a pot of coffee & by the time it's 9am I am already halfway through the pot. A lot of people think I drink too much coffee, but I feel I need it. Perhaps I do go a little over-board after the 2nd cup, really though it's hard to say where my body keeps telling me that I need MORE.

As I sit here typing this I am already on my 2nd cup of coffee & I've taken a shower, made my bed, cleaned my bedroom & started a sink full of dishes (we really need to invest in a dishwasher) I feel like if I didn't have the coffee for motivation I wouldn't nearly have as much accomplished at 8am.

Back to the main reason for this OP; I clearly drink a pot of coffee a day, if not more. Like I said, a lot of people think I drink too much... what do you think? Is it too much? Are there others out there that drink as much coffee as I do? How much coffee do you drink, if any at all?

Just a little curious, that is all.

BBS Signature
twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:06:40 Reply

I will quite easily say I love my coffee, though I don't find that it energizes me anymore than usual.
So I will only have maybe 2-3 mugs of coffee everyday, just enough to get me through.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature
BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:09:45 Reply

I have found that a lot of people don't like the taste of coffee.

I feel as though I am junk without having coffee, like I am a zombie or something.

o.O... & just forget about approaching me before my first cup!!!

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:17:58 Reply

If you feel like you're dependent on it that may be a problem, do you get enough sleep? Having coffee to energize you, especially if you enjoy it, isn't really a problem - but it's the dependency that makes it one. I guess I don't really know enough about it to say if it's necessarily BAD for you. I do know that it's exceptionally bad for your teeth.

Personally I like coffee a lot but I don't drink it regularly. I usually have a cup in the morning during winter because I like having a hot drink to wake up to, but in the spring/summer I just stop and instead have something cold. I rarely use coffee to keep awake. Though strangely enough I did just get back from a cafe that I was sitting at a few hours where I drank an entire pot of their coffee. Delicious. ^_^

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
VJF
VJF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Movie Buff
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:20:38 Reply

None unless it has blueberry creamer in it.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:23:43 Reply

I don't get why a warm brown liquid that smells like earth is tasty.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:27:35 Reply

At 12/27/12 08:17 AM, StarF68 wrote: If you feel like you're dependent on it that may be a problem, do you get enough sleep?

I try to get enough sleep. I usually get about 5 hours or so a night.
It gets hard though to keep a steady sleep schedule with pressing work & family matters.

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 08:31:56 Reply

At 12/27/12 08:27 AM, BostonJax wrote:
At 12/27/12 08:17 AM, StarF68 wrote: If you feel like you're dependent on it that may be a problem, do you get enough sleep?
I try to get enough sleep. I usually get about 5 hours or so a night.
It gets hard though to keep a steady sleep schedule with pressing work & family matters.

Five hours? Well there's your problem, heh.

It can definitely be difficult with stuff like that but if there's any chance to fix it I'd say try to get enough sleep first and foremost. Coffee is a wonderful beverage but shouldn't be used as a crutch because sooner or later doing that will catch up with you and make you feel like shit. I would try to cut back on coffee and attempt to get more sleep in general just to balance yourself out.

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 09:26:28 Reply

I usually drink 1-2 cups a day. Although my coffee consumption does go up in the winter when the temperature starts dropping pretty low, but even then I almost never drink more than 4 cups in a day and that's spread out through the day, not 4 cups just in the morning. I think more than 4 cups in a day is getting a bit excessive.

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 09:39:12 Reply

Over the past year or so I've started to drink coffee more frequently. I still can't take it without loads of sugar/cream but I have it once or twice a week now. It's a nice way to warm up.

MoonClock
MoonClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:21:55 Reply

To be honest, I'm much more of a tea guy. It doesn't overstimulate me like coffee does, but there are those times where I feel so goddamn tired that I need something stronger than tea.

Signature...Ha...

Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:25:56 Reply

I only drink tea, maybe eight times a day with shortcake. Tea4lyfe.

Pink-Ninja
Pink-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 10:27:41 Reply

At home I don't drink that much but at work I usually have around four cups simply because its free and easy to access.

*Sshhh... I'm an NSA spy bot

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 11:27:57 Reply

At 12/27/12 07:59 AM, BostonJax wrote: but I feel I need it. Perhaps I do go a little over-board after the 2nd cup, really though it's hard to say where my body keeps telling me that I need MORE.

Well from what I've heard, that's the thing with coffee. The more you drink it, the more you need it, but it actually doesn't make you any more energetic otherwise.

That's why I've been trying to cut back a bit. I drank about three cups a day eventually and I noticed I had more trouble concentrating in the early morning before I got a cup of coffee. I try to stick to one cup per day max now just so I don't get too dependant on it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 11:40:27 Reply

I probably have too many a day. I go through five cups on average and usually I try not to have any after 9 in the evening but if someone makes the drinks without even asking me, I just can't throw it away. :P

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 11:42:34 Reply

When I'm at home, I get like 1-3 cups a day cause my mom makes it so I don't have to do anything. At school I don't drink any at all because I'm scared of talking to cashiers

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:39:14 Reply

At 12/27/12 11:42 AM, saqwert wrote: When I'm at home, I get like 1-3 cups a day cause my mom makes it so I don't have to do anything. At school I don't drink any at all because I'm scared of talking to cashiers

OH YOU SILLYNILLY

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:50:07 Reply

i really don't like coffee at all, i never drink it

i prefer better more efficient stimulants

BBS Signature
PrincessLuna
PrincessLuna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:51:03 Reply

On campus, I drink one or two large cups of coffee to keep going. It's an addiction.

BBS Signature
FlamingBodies
FlamingBodies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:53:07 Reply

I don't do jack shit but I still drink a ton of coffee.

''Thats what''
-She

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 12:59:18 Reply

I don't drink coffee often, but if I do, I would drink a large cup. Right now in 7-Eleven they have a promotion that if I buy the largest cup (red) I get a muffin.

I drink with little sugar or none at all.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Tiggargh
Tiggargh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:23:04 Reply

Coffee!!! (I don't drink nearly enough)
Seriously, I only get in like, two cups a day, if not simply one. Some days I don't even drink it at all, I seriously don't know what's wrong with me.

BBS Signature
BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:45:08 Reply

I like a lot of flavored coffees too.

My sister just bought me a bag of Gingerbread Toffee flavored coffee for Xmas. I am rather curious to try it out. Though, I tried the gingerbread coffee from Dunkies & it tasted more like pumpkin than Ginerbread.

Gingerbread coffee reminds makes me think of gingerbread men swimming in a cup of coffee, like this:

Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?)

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:46:34 Reply

Coffee upsets my stomach and gives me the shits.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
ExtremeFudgeMaster
ExtremeFudgeMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:47:32 Reply

Lately I've had maybe 3-5 large cups per day. I usually have coffee/tea when I am working on something. Since I'm in school, I am almost always working on something, so that means I am almost always drinking coffee. I also make a cup when I want to relax.

I found that after drinking a lot of coffee for a while, I would start to feel drained and sort of sick after having it, so I switched to decaf and I don't have that problem so much any more. I guess I just like the taste of it.

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 13:50:46 Reply

i dont drink coffee

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
debit13
debit13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:07:50 Reply

I rather enjoy coffee, but I don't drink it very frequently. Caffeine does have a pretty strong effect on me, so I definitely drink coffee when I'm tired; however, I get a respectable amount of sleep on a daily basis.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:46:25 Reply

I do not consume caffeine. By willpower alone I stay awake for long periods of time. Train your body to utilize more of the hours of sleep so that they will be lessened, then you will not need external chemicals.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:54:19 Reply

I drink a cup immediately after waking up, which helps me get through typical morning duties. I pick up a red eye (coffee with a shot of espresso) at a cafe on the way to work and drink 2-4 cups while at work, because it's free and I find I'm able to get more done in less time and therefore have more time to dick around on NG later in the day. I'll also chug two cups before lifting, because it gives me lots of energy. I'm just now realizing that I probably drink way too much coffee...

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Coffee!!! (How much do you drink?) 2012-12-27 14:56:16 Reply

Waaay to much. I'm pretty sure i've had way to much caffeine in my body for ages.