New Topic Respond to this Topic
turbophysics
turbophysics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
movieclip playback in preview Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that made movieclips play their contents while you're scrubbing on the timeline. I see it with clips that have nothing but tweens in them but I can't find a setting to make it work with fbf clips.

I'm trying to synchronize some stuff that's external to a clip with actions internal to it, it would make it a lot simpler than counting frames or moving all the external stuff inside of the one clip

tanks!

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to movieclip playback in preview Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM Reply

You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.

turbophysics
turbophysics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to movieclip playback in preview Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 07:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.

holyfuck I can't believe it was that simple. Is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it as a graphic if I'm not using AS at all?

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to movieclip playback in preview Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 07:47 PM, turbophysics wrote:
At 12/26/12 07:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.
holyfuck I can't believe it was that simple. Is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it as a graphic if I'm not using AS at all?

graphics don't use filters, actionscript, and have a smaller filesize if duplicated throughout a movie.

if none of that applies then for sure keep it graphic

Tanadrine-Studios
Tanadrine-Studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to movieclip playback in preview Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

The tricky part is when you want to apply effects filters and preview the content... I've yet to find a way to do it while working in flash, as seeing a filter's effects requires the entity to be a movieclip.

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to movieclip playback in preview Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 03:18 PM, Tanadrine-Studios wrote: The tricky part is when you want to apply effects filters and preview the content... I've yet to find a way to do it while working in flash, as seeing a filter's effects requires the entity to be a movieclip.

each individual frame is a movieclip inside the graphic that the filter is applied to. tedious, but it works