00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

movieclip playback in preview

525 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-26 18:37:30

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that made movieclips play their contents while you're scrubbing on the timeline. I see it with clips that have nothing but tweens in them but I can't find a setting to make it work with fbf clips.

I'm trying to synchronize some stuff that's external to a clip with actions internal to it, it would make it a lot simpler than counting frames or moving all the external stuff inside of the one clip

tanks!

Response to movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-26 19:36:57

You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.

Response to movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-26 19:47:04

At 12/26/12 07:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.

holyfuck I can't believe it was that simple. Is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it as a graphic if I'm not using AS at all?

Response to movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-27 10:47:18

At 12/26/12 07:47 PM, turbophysics wrote:
At 12/26/12 07:36 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: You could change your movieclip to a graphic in the properties panel until you're done with it... is that typical? I dunno.
holyfuck I can't believe it was that simple. Is there any reason I shouldn't just leave it as a graphic if I'm not using AS at all?

graphics don't use filters, actionscript, and have a smaller filesize if duplicated throughout a movie.

if none of that applies then for sure keep it graphic

Response to movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-27 15:18:30

The tricky part is when you want to apply effects filters and preview the content... I've yet to find a way to do it while working in flash, as seeing a filter's effects requires the entity to be a movieclip.

Response to movieclip playback in preview 2012-12-27 16:16:55

At 12/27/12 03:18 PM, Tanadrine-Studios wrote: The tricky part is when you want to apply effects filters and preview the content... I've yet to find a way to do it while working in flash, as seeing a filter's effects requires the entity to be a movieclip.

each individual frame is a movieclip inside the graphic that the filter is applied to. tedious, but it works