Be a Supporter!
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
The next COD 2012-12-26 17:20:12 Reply

I just started playing Black Ops 2 so I haven't beaten it yet. It left me wondering, what's the next COD gonna be like? Infinity Ward finished the Modern Warfare series, so there's no knowing what kinda COD game they'll make next. If Black Ops hasn't ended yet, I wonder how further into the future the series will go. What are your thoughts?

naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-26 19:35:01 Reply

Shouldn't it be obvious?
Cod MW4

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-26 19:44:14 Reply

Like the guy above e said, they're gonna milk that cow until all you get is dust, and even still they will continue. It's because of the retarded fanbase made up or 12-13 year olds who are impatient and can't get enough of Childrens Online Daycare. I hope that the series either finishes now, or they spend their time on a game to make it like the first or hopefully one like call of duty world at war, which was the last good one, and in my opinion, the best one. Either way i won't buy it, the storyline sucks, zombies is a bore and the online is littered with idiotic twats who think they are amazing and act 16 but suck and are 13! I play halo and team fortress 2 now, fuck call of duty, yeah i called by it's real name, does anybody remember it? Seeing as everybody says C.O.D!

*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-26 23:00:20 Reply

At 12/26/12 05:20 PM, VGmasters wrote: I just started playing Black Ops 2 so I haven't beaten it yet. It left me wondering, what's the next COD gonna be like? Infinity Ward finished the Modern Warfare series, so there's no knowing what kinda COD game they'll make next.

This is probably the trickiest situation that they have been in since the West and Zampella firings, considering that they have already went through WW2 originally, then the 60's in the first Black Ops, modern times with Modern Warfare and the near future with Black Ops 2, my guess is that they would go back to Vietnam era, considering that they covered a little bit of it in BO, and probably want to expand on that.

Either way, the haters will probably bash that game too for milking the franchise, before they even play it, if at all.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 02:33:01 Reply

This series drives me to madness. All my stupid friends who keep buying these games are driving me to madness as well.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 03:32:55 Reply

How I see it, there should be COD 5 next. It's thousands of years more into the future and everything has changed. The military and NASA is finally able to explore space freely with the best technology. All nations formed up and starts the UNSC better known as the "United Nations Space Command" and starts a program to make regular soldier into super soldiers. They called them "Spartans". (I think you know where I'm getting at...)

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 04:32:22 Reply

It's just going be more cod like every activision game now they milk all the franchises they own until they die.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 06:18:50 Reply

Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 07:01:24 Reply

I'm kinda hoping for War in Yugoslavia.

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
MCFC
MCFC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 07:07:30 Reply

I think it will be one of these things, going from the highest probability to the lowest:

MW4
Follow Treyarch and go into the future
Find another war (The Yugoslavian war or the Korean War is my best bet)

Manchester City: Barclays Premier League Champions 2011/12.

Paul Dickov: A true legend.

BBS Signature
Linktopast
Linktopast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 17:48:42 Reply

Five bucks says they're going to take Battlefield 2142 and change nothing but the title at some point in the future.

Hello.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 20:01:26 Reply

1st COD - kill german
2nd COD - kill german
3rd COD - kill german
4th COD - kill russian & arab
5th COD - kill german & jap
6th COD - kill russian
7th COD - kill russian & arab
8th COD - kill russian & arab

9th - kill ???

Best candidate: the Chinese.

At 12/27/12 05:48 PM, Linktopast wrote: Five bucks says they're going to take Battlefield 2142 and change nothing but the title at some point in the future.

This, already, happened. Black Ops 2 = BF2142. From setting, design to gameplay. Of course, COD fanboys take on anyshit made by Activision, even if it's a rip-off.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-27 22:18:56 Reply

Alright I did not play/buy BO 2 after the disappointment on MW3. Heard all the thing from someone who played, thought it's cool to troll on.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-28 20:48:53 Reply

We already know that MW4 is coming. But this is how I see it right now when they are finish making MW4, they have no choice but to make COD games around the future so they can add additions to the game including batshit crazy ridiculous killstreaks and fictional guns. But once they covered the future, then what? Go back to WW1 and 2? Or just remaster the very first game and make additions to it and resell it? Once they run out of ideas they have no choice but to end the franchise, and seeing it right now it could be sooner than we think.

This is why I stopped playing COD. They go for quantity over quality. Hell I mistaken BO2 for MW3 when my friends were playing it. They all look the same, no major changes at all from them.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-28 22:58:35 Reply

At 12/28/12 08:48 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: We already know that MW4 is coming. But this is how I see it right now when they are finish making MW4, they have no choice but to make COD games around the future so they can add additions to the game including batshit crazy ridiculous killstreaks and fictional guns. But once they covered the future, then what? Go back to WW1 and 2? Or just remaster the very first game and make additions to it and resell it? Once they run out of ideas they have no choice but to end the franchise, and seeing it right now it could be sooner than we think.

Well they could always try and go to the civil war lol. Might not be all that great but at least it would be something different.

Omega
Omega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 09:37:41 Reply

I hope there done with the series.

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 18:15:04 Reply

You know, maybe Infinity Ward's next game could be about the Yugoslav Wars and the next Treyarch game could be about the Korean War.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 20:13:27 Reply

Makarov was killed and Soap died in Modern Warfare 3, I don't really see the point in continuing that series. Honestly, I think they should just stop churning Call of Duty games out - have an extra year of development time, change it up a bit more.

Then again I don't really care, I stopped with Black Ops. When people bring up the fact that CoD barely changes, people just say "why change a winning formula?" but if it's already a winning formula, why keep making CoD? If it's already perfect they may as well just keep doing DLC for one game.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Lurid138
Lurid138
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 20:37:23 Reply

No.
Nope.
Nah.
Nein.
Fuck no.

Make it stop.
These mediocre shooters are killing the gaming market. No one wants to be original anymore or even try to create compelling game play.

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

The problem here is that you are playing the NEW one, it dropped a month ago. Yet here you are, thinking about the next one.

Cancer.

**Hard banging on window** Will Rushes into the room- "WTH WAS THAT?" Me-"Idk, grab a gun, it's your problem, I'm going back to sleep faggot." Add me on FB

BBS Signature
Lurid138
Lurid138
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 20:40:04 Reply

At 12/27/12 10:18 PM, dem0lecule wrote: Alright I did not play/buy BO 2 after the disappointment on MW3. Heard all the thing from someone who played, thought it's cool to troll on.

Good on you. But you need to understand that these two games are created by two different companies and basing a purchase on the disappointment of one is not right. Neither of them are worth a damn, but that's just tarded.

Rustling jimmies all day here.

**Hard banging on window** Will Rushes into the room- "WTH WAS THAT?" Me-"Idk, grab a gun, it's your problem, I'm going back to sleep faggot." Add me on FB

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 21:13:08 Reply

As long as there are still retarded twelve year olds that keep begging their parents for it, there will always be another Call of Duty. I lost interest in games like that a long time ago.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 21:30:37 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:13 PM, Sectus wrote: As long as there are still retarded twelve year olds that keep begging their parents for it, there will always be another Call of Duty.

Yes, because that's the main audience for an M-rated game. The majority of people who play online and buy it is are generally 20+ somethings who buy it at Gamestop or whatever else they get their games. Plus, I'm fairly certain that you can mute those conversations in the first place, and deal with their erratic play.

Simply put, COD is here to stay, no matter how much bitching anyone does against it. Of course, the better solution is obviously don't get the game, and stop talking about it if you hate it so much. The majority of people still like the franchise for various reasons, and if they want to have the option to buy COD every year, then I'd say let them. I'm not too crazy about it myself, but if most gamers want it, then gamers will get it, simple as that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 21:35:20 Reply

COD is like the Madden of first person shooters. Why do they have to release a new game every single goddamn year?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-29 23:48:36 Reply

At 12/29/12 09:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: COD is like the Madden of first person shooters. Why do they have to release a new game every single goddamn year?

Actually, both developers (Infinity Ward and Treyarch) release their titles every two years.

RightToBearArms
RightToBearArms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-30 20:51:47 Reply

NEW LEAKED INFO ABOUT THE NEW CALL OF DUTY!!!!

The next COD

PSN: RIGHT2_BEAR_ARMZ

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to The next COD 2012-12-30 23:43:56 Reply

Oh God no......

At least teen pregnancy rates will go down....

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The next COD 2012-12-31 00:03:31 Reply

At 12/30/12 11:43 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Oh God no......

At least teen pregnancy rates will go down....

You underestimate how crafty kids can be....

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The next COD 2012-12-31 00:12:05 Reply

At 12/26/12 07:35 PM, naronic wrote: Shouldn't it be obvious?
Cod MW4

You know it. They already announced it.

RYNOL
RYNOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Audiophile
Response to The next COD 2012-12-31 02:41:43 Reply

As much as I don't care for COD, wouldn't it be fairly interesting if they had one that took place during the first World War?

I need a sig.
PSN: gowow20

Baxoje
Baxoje
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to The next COD 2012-12-31 06:26:09 Reply

Black Ops 2 is a good pick-up-and-play game. Why so much hate for it?

BBS Signature