• 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

Lol.

My weed "hobby" would probably cover everyones hobby here, cuz its expensive. I started when I was around 16, I'm 23 now, I started smoking everyday when I was about 19. Sometimes smoke more than a gram a day if I'm chilling hard lol.
So lets see, everyones local price is different, but lets just say I had a discount, and got a gram for 10 dollars.
10 times 365 is 3650, 3650 times 4 is 14600 I believe. I'll go ahead and minus a couple thousand to compensate for possible over estimation. leaving it at 12500 dollars for the past 4 years. holy shit I could buy.... half of an expensive car!

Another expensive hobby I had, was the tabletop game Warhammer 40000. I must have spent hundreds on those little figurines, and paints, and accessories, and glues, and other shit lol.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

I've spent nearly/over 2000 hours on TF2 in less than 2 years. I regret nothing.

not to mention thousands of bucks on video games in general

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Over 200 days on WoW over 8 years... which didn't end up costing me much at all.

And over 6 years on writing, which doesn't cost much really. 75$ for a dictionary, 129$ for a correction software and 500$ for a reviser.

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Books. The sole hobby I spend my money own.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 10:31 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Over 200 days on WoW over 8 years... which didn't end up costing me much at all.

And over 6 years on writing, which doesn't cost much really. 75$ for a dictionary, 129$ for a correction software and 500$ for a reviser.

I had over 365 days on my main Warrior, only played through WOTLK.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Slacker013
Slacker013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 11:09 PM Reply

A project I currently have on the side has cost me over $150... but she shall be glorious once I'm finished with her... and about $400 by then.

I question this project.

Most amount of time/money on hobby?

Once upon a time...
I thought of having a flashy signature, with cookies, but I've decided against it. So, I'm simply offering free cake to make up for the lack of cookies...

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:44 AM Reply

My hobbies have included collecting music and writing poem/lyrics so $0.00 and my life.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:52 AM Reply

Video games I guess.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
dreaming-loudly
dreaming-loudly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Filmmaker
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

I think I've clocked up over 700+ hours of play time across the monster hunter series. With 2ndG being 400 of those hours. The slaughter of species. It calls to me

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

metalstorm
metalstorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

I collect diecast model cars. I have 8 of them to date and the collection is worth about $2500

Sig by madknt
Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

I don't have any exotic hobbies or anything. My biggest hobbies are gaming, watching films and reading books.

In total I think I've spent over 2000 euros on video games over the course of my life. For DVDs and my cinema subscription I think I'm leaning towards 700 euros and for books only about 150 euros. These hobbies don't have to be that expensive.

They do take up all of my spare time though. I spent about an hour or two per day playing video games on average and I check out about two to three films a week usually. Book reading I usually only do just before I go to bed or when I'm in the public transport so that's half an hour per day or something.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 11:28 AM Reply

I've spent over £2000 just on Rock Band DLC, over £4000 on TV's and Films and god knows how much on games, probably more combined.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
MintyVortex
MintyVortex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

Mine fore sure has to be photography... lenses, prints, cameras; all those expensive things
The you spend a lot of time travelling/preparing for photos, looking for inspiration and so on...

Tobi
Tobi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 02:24 PM Reply

i spend way too much money cds. i mean, i always buy cheap ones, but because i do, i buy lots. half the fucking time i just listen to the same music on youtube.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 09:16 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 12:43 PM, Coop wrote: And now, I've got a new hobby - DIY. That has set me back about the same, over a much shorter time, though i do have somewhere to sleep because of it - Furnishing for my room, plus curtains, bed covers, paint for the walls and that's not counting the things like my TV, PS3, Laptop and the like.

Oh thats called DIY. I always call it nesting when I do it.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Most amount of time/money on hobby? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

I wish I could say Gundam models, but more realistically it was G1 era Pokemon stuff...Pokemon Blue on time, and the trading cards on money.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature