New Topic Respond to this Topic
stevenman36
stevenman36
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

Which do you say more often/think is more appropriate?

Lepy
Lepy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:30 PM Reply

Just say Merry Christmas. If someone actually gets offended just because you said something as minor as that, then they might not be worth talking to.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

merry christmas. "happy holidays" tries to undermine the christian power in the christmas times. if you say "happy holidays" you are probably an angry new yorker who thinks kwanzaa or hanukkah are actual holidays. don't forget what we're celebrating: the birth of of lord and saviour jesus christ... aka salvation of mankind

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Christmas. Saying happy holidays is offensive to people not on holiday, sounds like you're rubbing it in.

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Here's how I'd say it:

"Merry Christmas, stranger!"

"Oh, I don' celebrate Christmas. I celebrate [insert holiday here]."

"My apologies. Happy [insert holiday here] then!"

I don't get what's so difficult about this.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Its Merry Christmas. I absolutely fucking hate PC people. I work with shit loads of Muslims who are more eager to wish people a Merry Christmas even though they do not celebrate the holiday than those suffering some kind of white Christian guilt.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

I say Merry Christmas because I celebrate Christmas. I'm not offended if someone else wishes me a happy Hanukkah, I thank them and appreciate their kindness. Why should they be offended if I wish them a merry Christmas?

Album of the Week Mclusky - Mclusky Do Dallas (2002) | Movie of the Week Genius Party (2007) Genius Party Beyond (2008)

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:51 PM Reply

Say "Merry Christmas." That's what it usually is for people and if it's not, they can wish you a happy Hanukkah and go on their merry fucking way.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Merry Christmas! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:59 PM Reply

imo saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas because you dont want to offend anyone is even more offensive because it implies that people of other religions that celebrate different holidays are petty enough to actually be offended that someone assumed their religion whereas simply saying merry christmas is just about impossible to offend someone with

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 08:59 PM, notYert wrote: imo saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas because you dont want to offend anyone is even more offensive because it implies that people of other religions that celebrate different holidays are petty enough to actually be offended that someone assumed their religion whereas simply saying merry christmas is just about impossible to offend someone with

"I'm insulted.... Because you thought I would be insulted, and took steps to avoid insulting me. NICE TRY ASSHOLE"

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
NuclearInfected
NuclearInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Audiophile
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

I really doubt those who prefer other holidays get as offended by "Merry Christmas" as the hate filled-ultra liberals like to tell us.

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:12 PM Reply

Merry Christmas. Like what seems to be the general consensus, they really have no reason to be so butthurt about "But I celebrate Hanukkah/Qwanza/The Solstice!"; it's Christmas time, get over it.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:07 AM Reply

Merry Christmas is appropriate by all means. A majority of the USA celebrates Christmas. If you are offended by me saying "Merry Christmas", you can go sodomize yourself with a bottle of dick sauce.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:10 AM Reply

Happy holidays.

Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:07 AM Reply

I don't care so long as the holiday spirit is conveyed...

Now somebody tell me to have a merry fucking Christmas/Happy fucking holiday!

"you're a bottle of epic awesome sauce :3"
-Xenomit
see! he knows! soon, you'll all know!

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:36 AM Reply

I actually say happy christmas holidays. Thus everyone's happy, both those who care about Christmas and those who only care about the holidays.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:38 AM Reply

happy kwanzaa

always

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
metalstorm
metalstorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:13 AM Reply

Merry Christmas, the whole happy holidays thing is just 'political correctness' gone batshit crazy cause some fucking idiots are scared they might offend some minority group or some shit if they say merry christmas to them

If you are retarded enough to be offended by something as petty as that then you fucking deserve to be offended.

Sig by madknt
Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature
Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Merry Christmas.

Also can you believe they want us to call it a "Holiday Tree" now?

Fuck

|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:57 AM Reply

Hail Sithis.

In every occasion.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

I haven't said either or had either said to me this year.

"WHAT IF I SUPPOSED TO FUCK UP?!"- rendibsivad on mistakes.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:00 PM Reply

I've always said Merry Christmas, partly due to the fact that I don't know anybody who celebrates Kwanzaa or whatever holiday comes around this time. I used to think that it didn't make much of a difference between happy holidays and Merry Christmas, mostly due to the fact that the holidays are so close to each other and the belief that the thought counts more.

Now I have a few Jewish associates of mine who don't really mind the phrase Merry Christmas, even though they celebrate Hannakah. I've gotten into the habit of saying Happy Hannakah around this time, as a gesture of kindness and all that stuff.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Familyguy666
Familyguy666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Happy Holidays, or Merry Christmas? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

I say Happy SHUT THE FUCK UP, like the AVGN.