New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

If you have a Facebook or twitter nowadays, you will almost never need to signup for a website again.
Because most websites have the possibility to log in with several social networks and I think it's convenient.

But what if Newgrounds allowed signup via Facebook or twitter?
I'm not quite sure how I would feel about that, but as long as they keep the non-social signup I guess I would be OK.

What would be your opinions on that? How do you think it would change the community?

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 03:53 PM, Dragen wrote: What would be your opinions on that? How do you think it would change the community?

I'm expecting to be able to sign into other websites with my NG Social account soon ;)

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

Honestly that would be a really good idea cause then people could post their high scores and shit on facebook easily. And then other people would see it and remember jerking off to newgrounds when they were 6, or playing games here, or just discover it for the first time.
It could bring some traffic back to the site.

Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Reader
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Personally I would prefer that websites remain separate from each other, but since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, I wouldn't mind such an integration. I almost feel like it would affect Facebook and Twitter more than it would affect Newgrounds. We would probably just see more users signing up here, but imagine the News Feeds of people that are friends with NGers: "Jim is playing Meet n' Fuck: Moon Landing; why don't you play with him? [link]"

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 04:21 PM, Squidbit wrote: Honestly that would be a really good idea cause then people could post their high scores and shit on facebook easily. And then other people would see it and remember jerking off to newgrounds when they were 6, or playing games here, or just discover it for the first time.
It could bring some traffic back to the site.

Who would want to post his scores in a flash game on facebook, have all his friends see them and make fun of him because he still plays flash games?

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

BBS Signature
selena
selena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Art Lover
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

It would grow Newgrounds and bring in new talent. It would be nice to have more people on the froums/chat also.. you see the same faces everyday, it'd be nice to have a change.

BBS Signature
Dragen
Dragen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 04:24 PM, Tremulos wrote: but since I'm not on Facebook or Twitter

HIPSTER!!!
Nah, it's OK if you're not on those sites, you don't need to feel any pressure. Facebook is shitty anyway, but Twitter is in fact quite useful for a lot of things and more interesting IMO.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

I don't know. I'd only be okay with it if it didn't post things to my wall automatically like some sites do. I'm not sure how much traffic it would actually bring in. Most people I know get annoyed by people who keep posting game things to their walls, and they tend to not pay much attention to them if they don't just hide their posts entirely. I hide people who constantly post game updates, and a number of others likely do as well.

Also, the fact that Youtube makes you sign in with your google account brings me much rage since my main youtube account is linked to different account than my main google docs so I have constantly be switching between accounts to use either google docs or youtube. If Newgrounds were to get Facebook linked, you would need to be able to link your account to your Facebook or else it would annoying.

But really, if it actually happened, I would care very little.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

Well, I'm in the same boat. I want the standard sign-up to stay, and for Facebook and Twitter sign-ups to be an additional option for people who would prefer doing it like that. It's probably something that may be inevitably coming anyway. To absolutely mandate social networking sign-ups, however, would be a terrible choice.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
havvk7
havvk7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Nah, I have no need for Twitter or Facebook.

pirateplatypus
pirateplatypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

I personally will not use a sight that requires me to sign in via Twitter or Facebook.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:47 PM Reply

Request a account deletetion then leave because in general that connect with fb/twitter bullshit is fucking retarded as hell and hate social-media sites with a passion. Plus they make the most retarded posts that it kills off brain cells.

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:10 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 04:21 PM, Squidbit wrote: remember jerking off to newgrounds when they were 6

You watch your mouth! I was a whole THIRTEEN YEARS OLD when I got my Newgrounds hard-on! I'm a big boy!

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

Hey OP, there's something you should know called "OpenID". It allows you to sign in with your Gmail/Yahoo/LiveJournal/Hyves/Flickr/Blogger/Orange/mixi/mys pace/WordPress/AOL account, apart from many others. It's much better than ONLY twitter / facebook.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

Since I never use such sites I would find it annoying that I have to sign in using another website rather than the actual one.

Anything I see which does this sign up via facebook shit ends up being more irritating to use.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Wat if NG got signup via twitter/fb Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:29 PM Reply

I wouldn't like that. I don't want people to know the fucked up shit I say on here.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature