moonvamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Searching for a musical composer Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Greetings,

I have been creating an original audio program, and I have just recently written lyrics and sung the vocals for an ending theme. The only problem is..........I suck at composing music.

So, I have been trying to find a musical composer to try and apply the background to the lyrics. Here's a brief description of what I have been looking for:

I wrote the lyrics and sung the vocals like a tribute to the good old 30's-50's music. More preferably in the 50's, where the Rat Pack were grand. In fact, the way I sung the vocals almost seems reminiscent of Sammy Davis Jr. For the beat, something that doesn't go too fast nor too slow. Just keep it steady, with a bit of emphasis on piano and some good band music. Just like a traditional Frank Sinatra song.

As for the lyrics, it's basically about a guy who notices an attractive woman with a big behind. He tells of his urges to possibly make it bigger, but then she notices him and he runs for it. Which leaves me to the actual song title:

"You'll Chop Off My Penis Soon".

Bear in mine, the song is only going to be around a minute tops. If there are any composers that are perhaps interested in the bizarre nature of the song, and can tackle the big band/pop standard genre with ease, feel free to either reply me or contact me through my e-mail address: darkhole_dreams@hotmail.com You can feel free to link an example of your work as well as any possible charging fee. I can also send you my vocal sample. If I do happen to find one, my estimated date of completion should be ASAP.

If this, for any reason, breaks the rules of this forum, you may feel free to delete this.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this.

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Searching for a musical composer Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:24 AM Reply

I think I could make an okay attempt at this. I'm bizarre (?) and I'd like to know more details on this audio program like what it is and where it is broadcast. Here are the best examples that I think kinda fit...or not. I'm just a passerby. Toodle-doo.

• A Lonely Goblin
    A Lonely Goblin by ZipZipper

A nightclub jazz waltz with a corny voice

Score
    4.55 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity
  • Goin' Up
    Goin' Up by ZipZipper

A jazzy show tune with a cabaret atmosphere.

Score
    4.47 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity

BBS Signature
professorlamp
professorlamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Searching for a musical composer Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:02 AM Reply

Hey Moonvamp,

If it's the 50's vibe, I'm a jazz/guitarist mostly and I'd be more than happy to get involved with your project. Here's a link to my portfolio (there's some jazz in there)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2872916/portfolio.mp3

Message me if you're interested

moonvamp
moonvamp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Voice Actor
Response to Searching for a musical composer Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 08:10 PM Reply

I am bumping this topic. I have still yet to find a composer who is interested sadly, and I have yet to hear a response from those whom I have contacted. So, hopefully someone is still interested.

BBS Signature
camoshark
camoshark
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Searching for a musical composer Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 08:10 PM, moonvamp wrote: I am bumping this topic. I have still yet to find a composer who is interested sadly, and I have yet to hear a response from those whom I have contacted. So, hopefully someone is still interested.

I might very well be interested, for I specialize in the jazz genre, and although I do not have any examples for the big band/orchestral jazz type that you seem to be looking for, I have a few examples that can adequately showcase my capabilities.

First off, I have a quirky noire/detective jazz loop that has the sort of ambiance you're looking for:

• -*}CaSH{*- The Piano Roll
    -*}CaSH{*- The Piano Roll by camoshark

A stroll through the city on a cold Friday night.

Score
    4.50 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity

The second one is a soft jazz waltz:

• -*CaSH*- Redemption
    -*CaSH*- Redemption by camoshark

Excerpt of a 10 minute Jazz Epic

Score
    4.28 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity

The third one, albeit incomplete and outdated in terms of sound quality, has a much more dynamic sound with that classic sextet sound:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?twpbbmgqu0p1xg9

In any case, feel free to contact me via PM or through my email if you find something of interest.