Osteel
Osteel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Voice Actress needed - Wishing Star Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:50 PM Reply

Hi Newgrounds!

We are currently looking for a voice actress to do a little intro cinematic and possible out cinematic to our little mobile game, Wishing Star. It's not a lot of dialogue, approximately 240 words long. We're just in the process of finalizing the text now and will need a recording soon.

What we're looking for is a young (teen-ish) sounding female voice that is very ordinary. By that, we mean nothing that sounds anime, or forced childish; this isn't to say those styles are bad, it simply isn't the approach we want. We want our players to feel a connection with the voice (of which, they never 'see'), so sounding as normal and real as possible is very important.

If you're interested, please let me know along with a portfolio of examples if you have it. Any specific questions about the game, please PM me.

Thanks! :)

Creator-Sama
Creator-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Voice Actress needed - Wishing Star Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 10:50 PM, Osteel wrote: Hi Newgrounds!

We are currently looking for a voice actress to do a little intro cinematic and possible out cinematic to our little mobile game, Wishing Star. It's not a lot of dialogue, approximately 240 words long. We're just in the process of finalizing the text now and will need a recording soon.

What we're looking for is a young (teen-ish) sounding female voice that is very ordinary. By that, we mean nothing that sounds anime, or forced childish; this isn't to say those styles are bad, it simply isn't the approach we want. We want our players to feel a connection with the voice (of which, they never 'see'), so sounding as normal and real as possible is very important.

If you're interested, please let me know along with a portfolio of examples if you have it. Any specific questions about the game, please PM me.

Thanks! :)

I'd be happy to help!

I don't tend to keep a portfolio, mostly because I have no idea where to put it and I don't know what to put in it.

That aside, I'd like to know about her personality. is she outgoing? Perky? Mellow? Depressed? This will help me determine what kind of voice to use, even though I have one in mind already. It helps me to identify with the character and add depth and personality to the voice, rather than a flat and empty-sounding voice.

Thanks!
~Jennifer

This certifies that the person responsible for this post is completely insane! -runs up a wall and sits on the ceiling-

I use AS2. That doesn't make me "wrong" or "bad". ^w^