Be a Supporter!
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 02:52 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-bfquZGaI

so apparently a bunch of places are no longer selling ar-15 style rifles.......WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?! Ive never really thought about getting one anytime soon because of the price but come on now

that video basically says all that needs to be said


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 02:52 PM, 919CDS wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-bfquZGaI

so apparently a bunch of places are no longer selling ar-15 style rifles.......WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?! Ive never really thought about getting one anytime soon because of the price but come on now

that video basically says all that needs to be said

2 things.

There is already a gun control thread.

I'm not going to watch youtube to see your argument. You could at least summarize what the video says if you think it makes such good points.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:20 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/21/12 02:52 PM, 919CDS wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm-bfquZGaI

so apparently a bunch of places are no longer selling ar-15 style rifles.......WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?! Ive never really thought about getting one anytime soon because of the price but come on now

that video basically says all that needs to be said
2 things.

There is already a gun control thread.

I'm not going to watch youtube to see your argument. You could at least summarize what the video says if you think it makes such good points.

yea but that thread is in support of gun control

ok so basically the guy says that the ar-15 is no deadlier than a handgun at close range which is true and that an ar that a civilian can buy is in NO WAY a millitary rifle it just LOOKS like a millitary rifle and people dont want these "assault rifles" around because of the way they look


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:33 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:22 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: ALREADY HAVE A GUN CONTROL THREAD

go there.

that's in support of gun control, I do not support what the guy who made that thread supports, what they need to do is get people selling guns illegally and not attack people who do no crimes at all,

why dont we ban cars, people get killed in cars all the time, why not ban tobacco, people die from that all the time, why not ban alcohol again, people die from that ALL THE TIME, because its much easier to blame things on guns


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:31 PM, 919CDS wrote: yea but that thread is in support of gun control

no its the gun control debate thread. the idiot who made it decided to name it like that

now take the discussion to the other thread.

ok so basically the guy says that the ar-15 is no deadlier than a handgun at close range which is true and that an ar that a civilian can buy is in NO WAY a millitary rifle it just LOOKS like a millitary rifle and people dont want these "assault rifles" around because of the way they look

ARs are less deadly than handguns.

919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:34 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 12/21/12 03:31 PM, 919CDS wrote: yea but that thread is in support of gun control
no its the gun control debate thread. the idiot who made it decided to name it like that

now take the discussion to the other thread.

well this thread is already made....might aswell continue to discuss it here

the title of my thread is not biased all it says is "ar-15 ban??" I was going to put "assault rifle ban" but I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an "assault rifle"


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote: well this thread is already made....might aswell continue to discuss it here

this thread will be locked by a mod.

the title of my thread is not biased all it says is "ar-15 ban??" I was going to put "assault rifle ban" but I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an "assault rifle"

assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine a folding or telescoping stock.

919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:50 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote: well this thread is already made....might aswell continue to discuss it here
this thread will be locked by a mod.

ok.....i dont care lol i dont plan on it going passed 2 pages


the title of my thread is not biased all it says is "ar-15 ban??" I was going to put "assault rifle ban" but I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an "assault rifle"
assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine a folding or telescoping stock.

yea which is why I said "I do not feel a semi can be considered one" i dont get what you're trying to get at here lol


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:52 PM, 919CDS wrote: yea which is why I said "I do not feel a semi can be considered one" i dont get what you're trying to get at here lol

AR-15s are semi-auto and are deemed Assault rifles.

Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:33 PM, 919CDS wrote: why dont we ban cars, people get killed in cars all the time, why not ban tobacco, people die from that all the time, why not ban alcohol again, people die from that ALL THE TIME, because its much easier to blame things on guns

Cars, tobacco, and alcohol are not designed to kill or incapacitate.

At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote: I was going to put "assault rifle ban" but I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an "assault rifle"

Not all semi-autos are assault rifles, but all assault rifles are semi-auto.


BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:05 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
Cars, tobacco, and alcohol are not designed to kill or incapacitate.

so what is tobacco and alcohol designed for??? oh yea might aswell ban knives and swords they're only designed to kill

At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote:

Not all semi-autos are assault rifles, but all assault rifles are semi-auto.

lol WHAT? Assault Rifles are fully automatic or burst fired so your logic is VERY flawed


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:55 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 12/21/12 03:52 PM, 919CDS wrote: yea which is why I said "I do not feel a semi can be considered one" i dont get what you're trying to get at here lol
AR-15s are semi-auto and are deemed Assault rifles.

Yea they are but they shouldnt be same with an AK, truth is a civilian cannot get a true assault rifle with out going through a BUNCH of shit and paying out the ass for it


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:33 PM, 919CDS wrote: why dont we ban cars, people get killed in cars all the time, why not ban tobacco, people die from that all the time, why not ban alcohol again, people die from that ALL THE TIME, because its much easier to blame things on guns

Most of the people who die in cars are results of accidents. The key word here being "accident."

It's a lot harder to run someone over as opposed to just shooting them down, unless they're not moving.

919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:40 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 12/21/12 03:33 PM, 919CDS wrote: why dont we ban cars, people get killed in cars all the time, why not ban tobacco, people die from that all the time, why not ban alcohol again, people die from that ALL THE TIME, because its much easier to blame things on guns
Most of the people who die in cars are results of accidents. The key word here being "accident."

It's a lot harder to run someone over as opposed to just shooting them down, unless they're not moving.

no its alot harder to shoot someone thats moving than it is to run them over... you know how small a bullet is? its not liek in the movies or video games where you can just aim at someone and shoot them, a car you can control, a bullet you cannot this is not like wanted


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:55 PM, 919CDS wrote: no its alot harder to shoot someone thats moving than it is to run them over... you know how small a bullet is? its not liek in the movies or video games where you can just aim at someone and shoot them, a car you can control, a bullet you cannot this is not like wanted

Absolutely it's harder to hit a moving target. But you can fire more than one bullet; an ar-15 with a hi-cap mag can fire even more before you'd need to reload a handgun. In a car you're restricted to the car's specifications, like turning radius. You're not going to run someone over in a house or up a tree. People usually don't panic until they hear the first bullet shot, unless they see you brandishing an assault rifle beforehand. People are going to be running well in advance before the car reaches them. You can see it and hear it well before it reaches you. There's no comparing the two. I think gun-related homicide far surpasses vehicular homicide.

Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:29 PM, 919CDS wrote:
At 12/21/12 04:05 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Cars, tobacco, and alcohol are not designed to kill or incapacitate.
so what is tobacco and alcohol designed for??? oh yea might aswell ban knives and swords they're only designed to kill

Leisure? Alcohol can be good for you in moderation. I'm not saying I agree with tobacco, but it is not grown, produced, and sold for the purpose of killing people or animals.

Also, knives and swords aren't only designed to kill either. Knives have multiple purposes (killing being one of the very lesser ones), and swords are usually made nowadays for decoration.

Guns are made to kill but can also be used for fun. That is the difference.

At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote:
Not all semi-autos are assault rifles, but all assault rifles are semi-auto.
lol WHAT? Assault Rifles are fully automatic or burst fired so your logic is VERY flawed

Do you know what semi-automatic means?


BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:25 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 09:14 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:

At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote:
Not all semi-autos are assault rifles, but all assault rifles are semi-auto.
lol WHAT? Assault Rifles are fully automatic or burst fired so your logic is VERY flawed
Do you know what semi-automatic means?

YES I know what semi-autmatic means, the question is do you? because its one bullet comes out per trigger pull where as with a full auto you hold down the trigger and bullets will just keep flyin out


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 05:10 PM, Feoric wrote:

Absolutely it's harder to hit a moving target. But you can fire more than one bullet; an ar-15 with a hi-cap mag can fire even more before you'd need to reload a handgun. In a car you're restricted to the car's specifications, like turning radius. You're not going to run someone over in a house or up a tree. People usually don't panic until they hear the first bullet shot, unless they see you brandishing an assault rifle beforehand. People are going to be running well in advance before the car reaches them. You can see it and hear it well before it reaches you. There's no comparing the two. I think gun-related homicide far surpasses vehicular homicide.

well you can get high capacity mags for a handgun aswell100 round drum for a glock no you cant run someone down in a house and noone can just climb up a tree lol, and ofcourse you're going to see someone with a rifle its not like you can hide it very easily unless you get a really short barrel which is illegal without the proper paper work, But I think vehicular deaths surpass firearms http://www.datamasher.org/mash-ups/firearm-deaths-vs-vehicle -deaths#map-tab check this out, in most states there are more vehicular deaths (accidents or not doesnt really matter) compared to firearms, so cars are more dangerous than guns....crazy right, and no I dont wanna ban cars


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 12/22/12 12:25 AM, 919CDS wrote:
At 12/21/12 09:14 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 12/21/12 03:41 PM, 919CDS wrote:
Not all semi-autos are assault rifles, but all assault rifles are semi-auto.
lol WHAT? Assault Rifles are fully automatic or burst fired so your logic is VERY flawed
Do you know what semi-automatic means?
YES I know what semi-autmatic means, the question is do you? because its one bullet comes out per trigger pull where as with a full auto you hold down the trigger and bullets will just keep flyin out

You said assault rifles. And assault rifles are semi-autos which can also be fired in bursts or automatic.

Assault rifles are not all huge black guns that shoot like something out of Call of Duty.


BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 01:25 AM, EmmaVolt wrote:

You said assault rifles. And assault rifles are semi-autos which can also be fired in bursts or automatic.

Assault rifles are not all huge black guns that shoot like something out of Call of Duty.

yea that means the gun is select fire...if you can select the way the gun fires then yes it's an assault rifle, a regular citizen can not own an assault rifle....why is everybody being so stupid....god dammit


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 12:54 PM, 919CDS wrote:
At 12/22/12 01:25 AM, EmmaVolt wrote:

You said assault rifles. And assault rifles are semi-autos which can also be fired in bursts or automatic.

Assault rifles are not all huge black guns that shoot like something out of Call of Duty.
yea that means the gun is select fire...if you can select the way the gun fires then yes it's an assault rifle, a regular citizen can not own an assault rifle....why is everybody being so stupid....god dammit

"I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an 'assault rifle'"


BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 05:57 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:

"I do not feel that a semi automatic firearm can be considered an 'assault rifle'"

now what does that have to do with anything, Ill say it again....an "assault rifle" has to be select fire, a rifle that is just semi-automatic(the rilfes that normal people can own) is not select fire, so therefor it is NOT an assault rifle, damn do I have to explain everything to the MAX


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:31 PM, 919CDS wrote:
ok so basically the guy says that the ar-15 is no deadlier than a handgun at close range which is true...

Nope...not true.

Mostly it depends on type of bullet and how large of a bullet. Now I have heard some say that .223/5.56 fragments and does other things like damages tissue through a concussive shock. But from the ballistic gel tests I've seen...as well as battlefield reports...the round just doesn't do much damage.

A few things to consider:

* The AR-15 shoots a bullet that is .003 of inch larger than a .22 which is squirell/rabit sized round.
* The 9mm is 3.44mm larger than the M-16/AR-15 bullet and 1.38mm than the AK-47. A .45 bullet is more than double the size of the AR-15 bullet and .142 of an inch larger than an AK-47 bullet.
* Most .223 common bullet is the FMJ which does the least amount of damage of any bullet type.
* Soft lead core, hollow point, and jacketed hollow points are fairly common for handguns and packaged/marketed as 'self-defense' highlighting their lethality for those who do not know already. On the other hand FMJ for .223 and 7.62x39 (AK-47) are often marketed as military surplus or milspec misleading the ignorant into thinking it is deadly.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:11 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 04:05 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Cars, tobacco, and alcohol are not designed to kill or incapacitate.

Assault rifles are not designed to kill either.

Also...why do you need a sports car? Why do you need a truck or SUV? You're not a race car driver or contractor are you?

Why do you need a car that goes 120 mph when the speedlimit is 70?

Also, why do you need to propell all that weight down the road at highway speeds? Especially if you're not needing it to make a living.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnfiI5oHKmY

another REALLY good video addressing an "assault weapon" ban

my favorite part starts at like 5:00 its SOOO true, so if you dont want to watch the whole thing atleast watch that part about a full auto, and how the government is allowed to have more rights than us and have WHATEVER they want


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 01:11 AM, TheMason wrote:
At 12/21/12 04:05 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Cars, tobacco, and alcohol are not designed to kill or incapacitate.
Assault rifles are not designed to kill either.

Also...why do you need a sports car? Why do you need a truck or SUV? You're not a race car driver or contractor are you?

Why do you need a car that goes 120 mph when the speedlimit is 70?

Also, why do you need to propell all that weight down the road at highway speeds? Especially if you're not needing it to make a living.

YES EXACTLY, Ive said the same thing, I LOVE driving fast, but there's no need and people die from car wrecks from driving WAY too fast more than people die in shootings, so if you want to ban sporting rifles (they are not ASSAULT RIFLES) you might aswell ban sports cars, and make it so cars cant go faster than 70mph


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
919CDS
919CDS
  • Member since: May. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 09:00 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08U5w_89EeM

people are buying the SHIT out of "assault rifles" now, to skip the guys rambling skip to like 12:15, if you see what the gun store looked like last year this is CRAZY


I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 12/25/12 09:00 PM, 919CDS wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08U5w_89EeM

people are buying the SHIT out of "assault rifles" now, to skip the guys rambling skip to like 12:15, if you see what the gun store looked like last year this is CRAZY

See guys government regulation can easily improve the economy. Or at the very least the threat of the aforementioned.


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Ar-15 ban?? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 04:24 AM Reply

9mm handgun > AR-15
in terms of lethality just sayin..