New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mrkapow
Mrkapow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:17 AM Reply

I've tried everything here and tried on everything, including my mac, pc in the mac and my phone experimenting with the different browsers too, Firefox chrome and safari. Just don't know what to do =(

Mrkapow
Mrkapow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM Reply

ACTUALLY!!
just did it then!! Woohooo!!

Though this is what I did instead.

1. Go to Project manager
2. Go to Manage Audio
3. You'll see above recently modified audio new audio. Type in your title and go next.
4. Fill out details and upload.

At first when I tried to preview it it came up with a weird message and I thought it didn't work so I tried to just create a new audio file the the old fashioned way and it said "you have a song already named that. Would you lke to edit it?" And so I said yes and I got to preview it and it worked and all was well. Hopefully this helps someone else!

WeeziMonkey
WeeziMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:51 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 09:29 AM, Mrkapow wrote:
3. You'll see above recently modified audio new audio. Type in your title and go next.
4. Fill out details and upload.

Above recently modified audio? I am trying to upload my FIRST game, so there is no "recently modified audio'' tab. Tried this way with making a game project, and even with audio, still nothing works. Nothing. D:

Scrotaculous
Scrotaculous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Project Manager-Manage Audio-New Title

issues creating new audio project?

BBS Signature
nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

Thanks, Back-From-Purgatory! It works!

blackpanther6389
blackpanther6389
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM Reply

Back from Purgatory's workaround worked for me.

CheckeredZebra
CheckeredZebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

This may be helpful (or useless) information on this bug, but it only started happening when I traveled to another state for Christmas. Hopefully it's just temporary for me (as my current location is not permanent), but it's a stab at the dark.
I'll check here later once I get back to my home and see if I still have the problem.

I tried Purgatory's workaround and got a HUGE bunch of code in a white box to pop up. I'm new to the newgrounds community (kind of) and have no idea who I should give it to or if I should post it here. I wonder if it could be useful to identify the problem, as well? If somebody could PM me/tell me here, that'd be great.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 03:54 PM, CheckeredZebra wrote: ... have no idea who I should give it to or if I should post it here.

PM the details to PsychoGoldfish if none of the work arounds posted here work for you.

And please be as detailed as possible, OS, browser, the versions of both, what steps you took to try upload, etc. etc. Programmers can't fix anything when the problem details are "dont work, fix please".

Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 12:07 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I've got another work around... that at least worked for me, because the simple start, and project start... neither worked for me either.

Instead, I got this to work:
1: Project Page
2: Manage Audio
3: Under "New Audio", typed in titled
4: Hit "Next"

Why do people keep reposting the same thing as a resolution? It's not a resolution. This is the exact method I originally could not get to work, and it is still not working. Long form does not work either. Again, works for random people apparently, but please stop posting the same thing as a solution.

If it works for you consider yourself lucky. There is obviously still an issue, and I'm running the same OS as you, so I'm certain now it's not browser related, and not OS related. Seems to be to be an issue on the server side. But I still don't get then how it works for random people. I guess it depends on what kind of script they are using for the forms...

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 12/24/12 01:25 PM, Scrotaculous wrote: Project Manager-Manage Audio-New Title

Our project mangers look different. It might be that only people who already have audio can get it to work. See below for what MY project manager looks like. Note when I "click here" to create my first audio project, it brings me to the same screen that doesn't work and gives me the "ERROR - Missing required project title" message.

issues creating new audio project?

Scrotaculous
Scrotaculous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 11:50 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote:
At 12/24/12 01:25 PM, Scrotaculous wrote: Project Manager-Manage Audio-New Title
Our project mangers look different. It might be that only people who already have audio can get it to work. See below for what MY project manager looks like. Note when I "click here" to create my first audio project, it brings me to the same screen that doesn't work and gives me the "ERROR - Missing required project title" message.

With a simple $25 donation, you can help NEWGROUNDS host it's content and become ad free. Once this has been fully accomplished and the space is available, NEWGROUNDS will be able to fully unlock itself as a free functioning society, no longer burdened by the need for outside negotiations, fully realizing its goal of becoming a self sufficient embodiment of freedom and expression.

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:35 PM, JeeGee wrote: Not sure if this is related, but I've been trying to upload my new track, and the "preview" button is disabled. I also can't seem to change the title anymore.

Same problem here, but I actualy think that newgrounds 'staff' disabled in on purpose.

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 02:01 PM Reply

With a simple $25 donation, you can help NEWGROUNDS host it's content and become ad free. Once this has been fully accomplished and the space is available, NEWGROUNDS will be able to fully unlock itself as a free functioning society, no longer burdened by the need for outside negotiations, fully realizing its goal of becoming a self sufficient embodiment of freedom and expression.

Wait so I donate and then it will start working? Interesting. Now, what happens when I donate and it still doesn't work? Do I get to bitch and cry and ask for my money back until it does work?

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 02:15 PM Reply

Errrm soo this is kinda funny. Just went and tried to donate. Added the $25 to my "Cart" and clicked "Checkout" and I get routed to a page that says: "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.2.6"

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 12/25/12 02:15 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote:
Errrm soo this is kinda funny. Just went and tried to donate. Added the $25 to my "Cart" and clicked "Checkout" and I get routed to a page that says: "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.2.6"

Dunno if any of you have noticed, but private messages are suffering from the same issue, sometimes the name of the message gets locked and the send button fades out just like in the audio portal.

So my advice for you mr.guy and all of you would be just to swallow it, sit and wait!

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 12/25/12 02:01 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote:
Wait so I donate and then it will start working? Interesting. Now, what happens when I donate and it still doesn't work? Do I get to bitch and cry and ask for my money back until it does work?

I have no idea why he posted that... because donations have absolutely nothing to do with this issue. Donating simply gives you a couple cosmetic perks and removes ads from the site. You should not donate thinking that this will solve the problem.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Scrotaculous
Scrotaculous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

I wasn't telling you to donate in order to fix the issue, I was saying if we all donated that newgrounds could reach its full potential and run more smoothly. We all ask the staff to bust their asses and yet I hardly see any supporters when I browse the site. If we had more supporters, than we would all be better off.

That being said, I apologize if I mislead you by posting my thoughts in this forum post. If you pm your Paypal email I will send you $25 so that you didn't waste your money. Otherwise we can work something out.

BBS Signature
Laphin
Laphin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

You guys need to fix this because it's not working for me either, I tried for 3 hours to get this working on different browsers.. this is definately something on the admin side.

CheckeredZebra
CheckeredZebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

Thanks Purgatory, I've sent him a private message. I hope he finds it useful. =]

I have no idea everyone's locations, but it -is- the holidays over where I am. Might be less people able to work on this than normal, or they might want to take some time off.

Update: Moved back home, and the audio submission still does not work. This means it just conked out at around the same time I left. I suppose I'll just stalk here and stay updated. :U

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 02:40 AM Reply

At 12/25/12 11:46 PM, CheckeredZebra wrote: Thanks Purgatory, I've sent him a private message. I hope he finds it useful. =]

I have no idea everyone's locations, but it -is- the holidays over where I am. Might be less people able to work on this than normal, or they might want to take some time off.

Update: Moved back home, and the audio submission still does not work. This means it just conked out at around the same time I left. I suppose I'll just stalk here and stay updated. :U

Back from purgatory's method worked for me two times in a row!
So just keep trying over and over again.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
nat29
nat29
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to issues creating new audio project? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Works on my laptop for real. Now I just have to test out my desktop.