New Topic Respond to this Topic
PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-20 21:28:11 Reply

I'm trying to upload some of my auido work. I tried creating my audio project in the project manager, but when I click "Create" it says "ERROR - Missing required project title" even though I typed one in and checked that I agree with the TOS...anyone else having this issue? I tried uploading on two brwosers (google chrom and mozilla)

steelside
steelside
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-20 22:06:15 Reply

SAME HERE

Scrotaculous
Scrotaculous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 14:54:40 Reply

At 12/20/12 10:06 PM, steelside wrote: SAME HERE

The issue is still happening for me.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 15:19:54 Reply

CONFIRMED

Although the original
http://www.newgrounds.com/pojects/all/submitis still working (I think...)

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
JeeGee
JeeGee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 15:35:14 Reply

Not sure if this is related, but I've been trying to upload my new track, and the "preview" button is disabled. I also can't seem to change the title anymore.

Zodiax
Zodiax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 19:17:48 Reply

Has anyone figured out how to circumvent this problem, or when this issue will be resolved?

VGuitar97
VGuitar97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 22:46:40 Reply

At 12/21/12 03:35 PM, JeeGee wrote: Not sure if this is related, but I've been trying to upload my new track, and the "preview" button is disabled. I also can't seem to change the title anymore.

Thats exactly whats happening to me. At least its not just me having the problem

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 23:18:03 Reply

Nice to know the owners of Newgrounds don't care at all, I mean if you couldn't submit on Youtube they would be on it in minutes. This is why Newgrounds is not very well known, we honestly need either more admins/mods or better ones.

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 23:22:37 Reply

Are there any mods or anything that can look into this? I really want to submit my work!

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-21 23:24:24 Reply

At 12/21/12 11:22 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote: Are there any mods or anything that can look into this? I really want to submit my work!

Mods can't do anything about technical issues with the site unfortunately. Your best bet is to send a PM to Liljim with details relevant to the issue (Including OS, browser, etc. etc.).

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Mrkapow
Mrkapow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 01:57:04 Reply

I have tried everything, even changing computer and it still just doesn't want to work. it's very weird =S

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 15:49:54 Reply

I sent a PM to liljim, hopefully he can help.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 16:27:52 Reply

I sure hope this gets remedied soon.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 17:13:27 Reply

At 12/21/12 11:18 PM, DJM4C wrote: Nice to know the owners of Newgrounds don't care at all, I mean if you couldn't submit on Youtube they would be on it in minutes. This is why Newgrounds is not very well known, we honestly need either more admins/mods or better ones.

1. Youtube is owned by a multi-billion dollar company, which employs thousands upon thousands of programmers. Newgrounds has 3.

2. Youtube's staff work in rotating shifts because they have enough programmers to enable them to do that. We like to have a couple of days off now and then especially, you know, on days when most people get days off. Like weekends. Even then, we do often work weekends.

3. "Cannot upload", "doesn't work" etc are not bug reports, especially when we see audio coming into the audio portal still.

4. PsychoGoldfish is the person to contact about this particular problem and I did just that yesterday as soon as I heard about it. He couldn't replicate the problem, so I replied to the person who originally wrote to me about it and told him to explain to Goldfish exactly what was going on. Whether that guy's done that, I don't know.

5. A guy posted a temporary workaround in this thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1327590

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 17:23:52 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple

FlamingFedora
FlamingFedora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 17:26:08 Reply

I have this problem as well

MilkDudisaBEAST
MilkDudisaBEAST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 17:59:36 Reply

At 12/22/12 05:23 PM, liljim wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple

this isn't working for me

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 19:43:47 Reply

5. A guy posted a temporary workaround in this thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1327590

I don't see how this is a temporary workaround. Project manager is the thing I originally was having issues with when I first started this thread. Both of the ways to upload audio (http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit and http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple) are not working for me. It appears that the error is affecting random people.

Note I tested the audio upload both from project manager and the regular form on 3 browsers...Internet explorer 9, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox version 16.0.2

Arg410
Arg410
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-22 23:22:37 Reply

I'm having the same problems but in the games portal. so i tried to see if any of my other portals are working and there all do the same thing. ERROR

And if i just hover over the games category (or any category) and click "Summit yours" i can entered all my info and upload my game. but it wont let me preview :(

I'm on Windows 8 Pro and using Google Chrome.... haven't tried any other browsers

(If anybody want to argue that i dont need to be here because its not audio im posting, Well its better than making another topic that we already have, its all (basically) the same problem)

JosephAS1
JosephAS1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-23 13:09:29 Reply

I have the same problem here :(

Plinkydinkydonk

BERSERKYD
BERSERKYD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-23 14:43:51 Reply

I got this problem as well ! Ho god ! Is that the apocalypse !! NNNOOOOoooooo !!

g4ebguyGT
g4ebguyGT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-23 20:50:58 Reply

At 12/23/12 02:43 PM, BERSERKYD wrote: I got this problem as well ! Ho god ! Is that the apocalypse !! NNNOOOOoooooo !!

Same here...

DylnMatrix
DylnMatrix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-23 21:13:18 Reply

At 12/22/12 07:43 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote:
I don't see how this is a temporary workaround. Project manager is the thing I originally was having issues with when I first started this thread. Both of the ways to upload audio (http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit and http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple) are not working for me. It appears that the error is affecting random people.

Note I tested the audio upload both from project manager and the regular form on 3 browsers...Internet explorer 9, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox version 16.0.2

It was affecting me as well in both ways to do it. I was finally able to upload something though. If you go through http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple, it should save the project template (or whatever you want to call it) for you. Then go back to into the project manager with the project only having the title, click on the started project, then finish uploading. It should work. Hopefully this helps.

It is a little annoying though that you have to go through so much for it to work though. :/

PrimordialVibration
PrimordialVibration
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-23 23:26:36 Reply

It was affecting me as well in both ways to do it. I was finally able to upload something though. If you go through http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/submit/simple, it should save the project template (or whatever you want to call it) for you. Then go back to into the project manager with the project only having the title, click on the started project, then finish uploading. It should work. Hopefully this helps.

It is a little annoying though that you have to go through so much for it to work though. :/

Still can't get this to work. Did what you said. When I go back to the project manager, there is nothing there, it says I have no audio projects. It just seems like this error affects some people but not others, I can't figure out why...It's not browser related because I tested all 3 of mine. Could be a script blocking certain people based on location? I have no idea.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 00:07:44 Reply

I've got another work around... that at least worked for me, because the simple start, and project start... neither worked for me either.

Instead, I got this to work:
1: Project Page
2: Manage Audio
3: Under "New Audio", typed in titled
4: Hit "Next"

Everything from there on worked fine for me... Although I'm speaking with someone else at the moment who tried this same method and said it didn't work for them... so I dunno.

For the programmers information:

Browser: Chrome (Version 23.0.1271.97 m)

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
cannibalcurator
cannibalcurator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 00:10:35 Reply

Can't seem to get either of the workarounds to work. Using the simple form gives me this error when submitting:
ERROR - Missing required project title

Using the full form just gives me a grayed out Preview button at the bottom no matter what.

Tried using Waterfox 16.01 and Chrome on Windows 7 x64.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 00:35:56 Reply

At 12/24/12 12:07 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Instead, I got this to work:

Great find there, mate! Works perfectly fine if I do it that way. Was using Chrome (23.0.1271.97) on Windows XP 5.1 and it worked just fine.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
FlamingFedora
FlamingFedora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 01:43:32 Reply

Back-From-Purgatory's fix worked for me

newhansen
newhansen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 03:28:07 Reply

At 12/23/12 11:26 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote: Still can't get this to work. Did what you said. When I go back to the project manager, there is nothing there, it says I have no audio projects. It just seems like this error affects some people but not others, I can't figure out why...It's not browser related because I tested all 3 of mine. Could be a script blocking certain people based on location? I have no idea.

I had the same problem. Try to bounce your projectfile again with difference settings.
Also, it worked to use an audioconverter to export the mp3 to mp3 (sounds strange, but it worked for me).

descara
descara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to issues creating new audio project? 2012-12-24 04:39:26 Reply

At 12/24/12 03:28 AM, hnieuw wrote:
At 12/23/12 11:26 PM, PrimordialVibration wrote: Still can't get this to work. Did what you said. When I go back to the project manager, there is nothing there, it says I have no audio projects. It just seems like this error affects some people but not others, I can't figure out why...It's not browser related because I tested all 3 of mine. Could be a script blocking certain people based on location? I have no idea.
I had the same problem. Try to bounce your projectfile again with difference settings.
Also, it worked to use an audioconverter to export the mp3 to mp3 (sounds strange, but it worked for me)

Huh? He's not even getting to the stage where you're able to upload audio files, and for that matter the audio files seem to have absolutely nothing to do with this issue.

Anyway, BFPs fix worked for me, thanks a bunch!