New Topic Respond to this Topic
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 03:49 PM Reply

You guys know of DayZ, right? The open-world sandbox zombie survival game? Well, a game got released on Steam recently, WarZ, it's essentially the same game, but holy shit, they've pissed off a lot of people.

Releasing the game as finished when it's barely Beta.
Micro-transactions added in a day after it was released, with no prior announcement
Customer service has been a nightmare
Unfair bannings/censorship on their forums
False advertising in the official Steam game description (such as 100-400Km square maps, despite being only 1 map measured at a little under 10Km sq)

There's a lot more, but Kotaku has an updating article that covers much more than I can.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 03:50 PM Reply

For some reason my friend keeps trying to defend this shit.

AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

The lead developer for Big Rigs, Sergey Titov, is also the lead developer for The War Z. That's all I needed to know for me to not want to buy that abomination, everything else is just happens to make it worse.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

Now they're saying that the customers have "misread" the list of features and "imagined" things that aren't in the game.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

Making false promises about things that will be in a game? Unheard of.

Except for Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and any game made by Peter Molyneux after 2001.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 12/20/12 05:27 PM, POTaTOS wrote: Making false promises about things that will be in a game? Unheard of.
Except for Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and any game made by Peter Molyneux after 2001.

No, it's not false promises. The game description was full of lies. When Skyrim came out, it didn't claim Dragon Riding was possible did it?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 20th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

I've been keeping up on this (because I have nothing better to do) and I just keep finding out more and more stuff that makes me want to assault anyone who legitimately defend their purchase of this game. Apparently the number of screenshots that were released for it were complete bullshit.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:10 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: what is wrong with someone enjoying the game?

Everything. Nobody should enjoy anything. Ever.

Alina836
Alina836
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 12/19/12 03:49 PM, iMini wrote: You guys know of DayZ, right? The open-world sandbox zombie survival game? Well, a game got released on Steam recently, WarZ, it's essentially the same game, but holy shit, they've pissed off a lot of people.

Releasing the game as finished when it's barely Beta.
Micro-transactions added in a day after it was released, with no prior announcement
Customer service has been a nightmare
Unfair bannings/censorship on their forums
False advertising in the official Steam game description (such as 100-400Km square maps, despite being only 1 map measured at a little under 10Km sq)

There's a lot more, but Kotaku has an updating article that covers much more than I can.

I'm glad I went to the forums and read all of the stuff they have been doing. It sounded great in the product description and the pictures made it look really awesome, but apparently those were all smokescreens and fallacies to lead the unwary zombie nerd (such as myself) into purchasing a game that is not fit for release.

"In my dreams, it's always there..The evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair"

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 03:10 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: So I ask you, what is wrong with someone enjoying the game?

If I bought a steak and received a peanut butter sandwich, I'm still going to complain, even though I like peanut butter sandwiches.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
OwnageGiy223
OwnageGiy223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 04:19 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
afnajksdf

He's trolling, just ignore him.

Anyway, here's a comment:
"
Toa5tmuffins
This needs to be up top. His statements are blatant flat out lie. The only "survey" They've ever held is how many people they can hold inside a server. I use the forums daily, and I can say over 70% of the community that is actually active, is dissatisfied. They hide everything. If you mention "hack" you get banned. If you complain about the admins work, Ban. They included a new anti-hack system recently. What is it? They hid items in places normal people cannot reach, if you pick them, up, you get banned. The problem is normal people CAN reach those items. they COPY-PASTED the league of legends ToS. The game is a basic rip from War Inc."

Jesus Christ, I knew this game was garbage, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Orochi
Orochi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

I knew from the day it was announced that it will a fail ripp off, even if it was good Dayz will always better.

''Don't look at the death star, or you will die''

BBS Signature
Rathitx
Rathitx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

Being one of the people who bought this game, I have to say to the people who didn't that it was terrible. You could die simply by walking down a hill. No, not falling, simply walking down a slope could get you killed. And when you die, you can't respawn for a while. I never checked the exact time, but I think I read on the Escapist that it was an hour or so. It advertised skills, which it did not have. Also, spawn camping was ridiculously easy, as there are pre-determined spawn points. Just seriously, don't defend it, because the game was advertised as complete when I would be surprised if it was past closed beta.

Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:29 AM Reply

I bought this game about a week ago, and I DID get a game completely different from what I was expecting, but I still enjoy it. The screenshots on the steam page make it look like a group-based game, which it definitely isn't, although really that can be blamed on the community. I was hoping for some sort of skill tree, instead I just get 5 entirely useless exp points each time I kill a zombie.
A couple of the screenshots in particular look like they were taken in-game, but they actually just could not happen, since they're showing animations that aren't in the game. Like this guy getting attacked by a zombie, or these guys running. This picture of these people doing whatever the fuck they're doing, what the fuck is this?

I was gonna quote some shit from the steam store about the skills, because I know for sure it said some shit in there, but it looks like they changed it. Someone mentioned a few posts ago that they were claiming people misread it and were imagining things, so I guess that's why.

At 12/22/12 07:10 PM, Rathitx wrote: Being one of the people who bought this game, I have to say to the people who didn't that it was terrible. You could die simply by walking down a hill. No, not falling, simply walking down a slope could get you killed. And when you die, you can't respawn for a while. I never checked the exact time, but I think I read on the Escapist that it was an hour or so. It advertised skills, which it did not have. Also, spawn camping was ridiculously easy, as there are pre-determined spawn points. Just seriously, don't defend it, because the game was advertised as complete when I would be surprised if it was past closed beta.

The walking down a hill thing is fucking annoying. I would understand if it was a steep hill, but I can walk up a slope, and then take the same path down and die. It has worked to my advantage while being chased by players with melee, though.
I've never seen any spawn camping, though, mostly cause it's only your first character that spawns somewhere predictable, I think. Even so, if you're killing someone who just spawned, you get literally nothing from it, and you lose a few bullets.

It's buggy as shit and they definitely advertised it with blatant lies, but I still enjoy the game I got, even if it wasn't what I was expecting.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:18 AM Reply

Anyone who expected anything good from something with such a pathetic name is very misguided.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

By the looks of things this could beat Evony for the title of worst MMO ever.

mnrART
mnrART
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

I'm not sure if you've seen this, but I found this on Reddit a few days ago.
It's really bad development for someone who try to make a "Big game"

sorry about my english if I make spelling mistakes

The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More

I have a bit of a problem spelling English but I hope you understand me well enough

DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

Aparently The WarZ devs are having copyright issues with the name. Theses guys can't seem to catch a break.

Link

Migel
Migel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 04:43 AM Reply

I really hate the gamers who still defend this game.

Not only is it questionable 2 have micro transactions in a survivor zombie game with PVP elements ( pay2win and pay2survive), that also can be lost after death resulting in a rebuy ($$$). But defending a game that sells under false pretences? That's not the type of game development you want to support in the first place, even if you do enjoy the game.

Look I already dislike 1st day DLC or the exploiting of natural addictions done by mmorpg developers. But the idea that people don't see this marketing scam for what it is and condone this behaviour for future companies to follow frightens me.

icgnsrock
icgnsrock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Warz; Lies, Censorship And More Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 01:21 PM Reply

I see potencial on warz, it will be a good game, well, i hope.
Warz is not that bad, but, at least, for now, the game sucks if you're playing alone.
Some players are realy fu%$ing with this game, just like MW3.