New Topic Respond to this Topic
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 00:45:36 Reply

At 12/19/12 12:36 AM, RacistBassist wrote: Sorry you're getting a lot of flak from me lol. I do not mean to direct everything directly towards you

thats fine

Woah, I always thought you were an American. Odd.

lol

California. Illinois. The states with a "shall issue" approach to CPLs. The correlation between crime rates dropping, and gun sales/CPL rates rising.

Yeah but im just wondering what direct connection all three have. I mean if there are more concealed gun carries and guns in general I dont think thats going to keep a career criminal from committing crimes just like that so there must be more to it than that. I guess you could say that a criminal who has been threatened by a gun might stop but I doubt the amount of criminals who have experienced that is enough to bring it down if you get what I mean.

This is the problem I have. Everybody is, as others have put it, attacking the symptom and not the actual problem. Sure, it is extremely easy for them to blame guns, but that, when all is said and done, does not do a damn thing to help solve things such as our mental health problem which I would say is a much bigger concern then people who are hellbent on causing harm using something that's intrinsically neutral.

Yeah thats what im trying to say too, but just with the added part that it wouldnt hurt if guns were a bit harder to get. Not loads, but hopefully it might skim a few off of the top of the people who may do such things.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 00:59:30 Reply

At 12/18/12 05:15 PM, Xenomit wrote: the average soccer mom will flip shit over anything that has anything to do with an isolated event.

Soccer Mom: ''Oh Gawrd... I'm flipping out over shit like the shooter!'' *suicides*

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 01:02:17 Reply

At 12/19/12 12:48 AM, Xenomit wrote: Honestly, as long as I can still get military grade weapons, I don't care how tight they make their checks, because I've never committed a crime in my life, and I've always passed the mental health exams.

As long as you know how to handle your guns and you dont shoot anyone thats fine lol

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 01:05:14 Reply

At 12/19/12 12:59 AM, Xenomit wrote: Oh FUCKING GOD NO

Calm your furry teats son. I agree with you. All of the anti-gun pansies should read up on Switzerland... There is very low crime rate and very high gun power. In fact. It's a fucking gun capital. They even teach you how to use those babies in school. Switzerland has the balls America never did have.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 03:56:17 Reply

Discovery should go back to non-stop animal shows. NatWild has taken over for me because they have decent animal shows.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 04:01:36 Reply

Fuck learning. Give me my mindless entertainment instead!

American Guns - Cancelled

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 07:30:03 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:53 PM, Xenomit wrote: We keep guns around to remind our government that we're in charge, not a bunch of guys in suits.

tehe. You can not be serious.

At 12/18/12 11:13 PM, JaY11 wrote:
0 deaths
27 deaths

THANK YOU GUNS

I was going to point that out too, there's been a couple of people who've incorrectly been saying "look at china someone killed 22 school kids with a KNIFE". That didn't happen. The whole point is that when a lunatic goes on a rampage with a knife people are less likely to die.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 07:50:51 Reply

At 12/19/12 04:01 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Fuck learning. Give me my mindless entertainment instead!

Indeed, you have hit the nail on its ugly head.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 08:56:56 Reply

At 12/19/12 04:01 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Fuck learning. Give me my mindless entertainment instead!

Where did you get that picture because its interesting and im wondering if there are some for other countries.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-19 13:36:43 Reply

At 12/18/12 11:28 PM, JaY11 wrote: uhh, yeah, but having a 'playing field' to have to level out in the first place certainly doesn't sound like a positive thing to me

That's part of humanity and always will be. It's like complaining about the sky being blue.