New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:36:00 Reply

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. I'm fucking tired of people thinking every shooting is cause by anything besides the man being a psycho which is the obvious fact most of the time. I know it was terrible, but the school shooting already happened. Its going to happen again, and you can't stop that.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:42:58 Reply

Are these idiots fucking serious?

Why is American Guns bad? What in the mother of fuck does it have to do with shooting kids?
Omfg the retardation, it hurts my eyes...

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:44:18 Reply

Rachel Maddow is on tv creaming in her panties at the idea that there might be new gun laws in the aftermath of the shooting.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:44:40 Reply

At 12/18/12 09:42 PM, naronic wrote: Are these idiots fucking serious?

Why is American Guns bad? What in the mother of fuck does it have to do with shooting kids?
Omfg the retardation, it hurts my eyes...

I had a hernia when I heard about it

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:47:23 Reply

At 12/18/12 09:44 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Rachel Maddow is on tv creaming in her panties at the idea that there might be new gun laws in the aftermath of the shooting.

No, she's just creamin over all the dead innocent people that will be casualties of the new assault weapons black market.

She is a democrat after all.

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:54:04 Reply

YES I KNOW, What do guns and shooting have to do with each other at all? There's no relation!!!!

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:55:52 Reply

How is that surprising? You know everyone goes insane when tragedies occur. We started throwing random people in prison of suspected terrorism without trial after 9/11.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 21:56:15 Reply

At 12/18/12 09:54 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: YES I KNOW, What do guns and shooting have to do with each other at all? There's no relation!!!!

About as much as there is between hijackers and airplanes.

Some of the worst mass murders ever have happened in or because of airplanes. What is the solution?

Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:13:54 Reply

At 12/18/12 09:56 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 12/18/12 09:54 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: YES I KNOW, What do guns and shooting have to do with each other at all? There's no relation!!!!
About as much as there is between hijackers and airplanes.

Some of the worst mass murders ever have happened in or because of airplanes. What is the solution?

Obviously to not let people carry airplanes in their households unless they have a permit. What else could we do?

You can't know what you don't know if you can only use yourself as a reference point.

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:14:34 Reply

I think this is actualyl a good move.

I feel, part of the reason of the Shooting WAS due to how the sensationalist media portrays guns and killers. It's the whole thought process of "If I do something so bad, I'll never be forgotten and will get 24hr news coverage" Banning his show which portrays guns in such a positive manner limits what those with that mentality feel about guns.

People have to remember, guns are made not for fun @ target practice, but to Stop and kill.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:18:13 Reply

Maybe America is becoming more left wing in line with Europe finally.

I feel sorry for all those responsible gun owners though because I know they take gun safety really really seriously. Theres too many sensible gun enthusiasts to take away guns completely but I think it should be a lot harder to get a gun than it currently is.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:20:49 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:18 PM, BumFodder wrote: I feel sorry for all those responsible gun owners though because I know they take gun safety really really seriously. Theres too many sensible gun enthusiasts to take away guns completely but I think it should be a lot harder to get a gun than it currently is.

And tell me, what exactly, would making a gun harder to get do? Adding the background checks to private sales I understand, but increasing the waiting list? That just changes the date if someone uses it for nefarious purposes? Banning "assault" rifles? That's just a knee jerk emotional reaction not grounded in reality. Ban semi-automatics? Cool, no when people go on sprees they'll use actually high powered rifles and be forced to actually aim better, which will increase damage done.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:21:26 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:19 PM, Gagsy wrote: You should watch Life On Mars, the original UK one.

Oh shit watch all 3 seasons of life on mars and the 2 ashes to ashes seasons theyre some of the best fucking shit ive ever seen the only american thing that comes close is some of the seasons of lost.

And I actually love US television. But you have to admit there is still way too much crap and American Guns? Thats just terrible.

Yeah now that I think about it guns dont come up much on british tv except for crime dramas and similar things.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:24:01 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:13 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: Obviously to not let people carry airplanes in their households unless they have a permit. What else could we do?

So do you have a real answer?

Airplanes are far more dangerous and abundant than a gun. Aluminum can with 500,000 lbs of explosives, ~600 people, and throw it at a building at nearly the speed of sound. What's worse is, these things are flying around all day every day, in massive numbers! Most guns stay in safes, and aren't constantly flying over your head 24 hours a day.

What should we do?

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:26:54 Reply

At 12/18/12 05:08 PM, Fim wrote: It's a little bit of reactionary PR but I reckon it's all in the right direction, Americans need to get over their unhealthy and destructive relationship with guns. Hopefully there'll be a shift in the public attitude towards making them illegal, although it's sad that a load of innocent children need to die before people come to that realisation.

You think banning guns will prevent violent criminals from getting their hands on firearms? Ha! Most inner city gun crime happens with illegally owned and purchased firearms. Unhealthy relationship? I find more ignorant assholes who blame our problems on guns than people educated in owning and operating a firearm. How do you expect to fight violent crime? With a hug? Police respond in 10 minutes IF YOU ARE LUCKY. There are also laws, rules, and regulations surrounding purchasing, owning, and operating firearms. The person responsible for the shooting illegally obtained them by killing his own mother.

Also, do you think just because a tool is made unaccessible that others will not take its place? Fuck no. Bombs are far more deadly than guns, and ied's are all too easy to make; furthermore, I would like to point out that you probably have the ingredients to make both mustard gas and a low grade napalm sitting in your house. I would like to point you to The Oklahoma City bombing that claimed the lives of 168 and injured over 680 people. Stopping the sale of guns will not stop crime, and it certainly means that everyday citizens would have less to protect themselves with.

Its sad that people meet a problems with ignorance and dissociation. Its not the tool that is the problem, its the people.

BBS Signature
Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:32:27 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:24 PM, LemonCrush wrote: So do you have a real answer?

Airplanes are far more dangerous and abundant than a gun. Aluminum can with 500,000 lbs of explosives, ~600 people, and throw it at a building at nearly the speed of sound. What's worse is, these things are flying around all day every day, in massive numbers! Most guns stay in safes, and aren't constantly flying over your head 24 hours a day.

What should we do?

It's just a good thing only a few people can fly airplanes, because if everyone could, then a lot more people would die.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:36:44 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:32 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: It's just a good thing only a few people can fly airplanes, because if everyone could, then a lot more people would die.

A few people can fly airplanes? In what sense?

Even IF that were true, they can be easily high jacked, or worse, a pilot could snap and just fly the damn thing into the ground.

Just as much, or possibly more danger/murder potential there.

FWIW, hijackers and bombers have no intention of flying the plane.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:38:54 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:32 PM, Rational-Delirium wrote: It's just a good thing only a few people can fly airplanes, because if everyone could, then a lot more people would die.

So you're saying, it's a pilot's proper training that keep them from being dangerous, right?

Much like a gun, I suppose. Also like a gun, they can easily hurt someone when the wrong person gets one.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:41:52 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:20 PM, RacistBassist wrote: And tell me, what exactly, would making a gun harder to get do? Adding the background checks to private sales I understand, but increasing the waiting list? That just changes the date if someone uses it for nefarious purposes? Banning "assault" rifles? That's just a knee jerk emotional reaction not grounded in reality. Ban semi-automatics? Cool, no when people go on sprees they'll use actually high powered rifles and be forced to actually aim better, which will increase damage done.

Well first of all I think you should calm down a bit more about this because I know a lot of Americans are very responsible with their guns and its pretty much a hobby and interest and im not interested in stopping them getting guns, its just that there definitely needs to be some better way of measuring how resposible someone would be.

Im not just jumping on the bandwagon because of some isolated incident, its just that ive always agreed that guns do cause a lot of unnecessary deaths, and in a way that contributes to there being more deaths instead of just a replacement for another weapon such as a knife because its easier to kill people with a gun if you get what I mean. Im not going to propose anything because im not a sociologist, criminologist or politician but you have to agree its better to keep guns out of idiots hands and into peoples who know what they are doing.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:47:21 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:41 PM, BumFodder wrote: Well first of all I think you should calm down a bit more about this because I know a lot of Americans are very responsible with their guns and its pretty much a hobby and interest and im not interested in stopping them getting guns, its just that there definitely needs to be some better way of measuring how resposible someone would be.

The problem is, no one has a solution.

Banning assault weapons does nothing but create a black market (therefore endangering people), cause people to lose their jobs, and keep people form defending themselves.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:53:16 Reply

How the fuck could any of you (Darkshadow, Bumfodder) be this retarded?

I don't even care that you think guns are wholly evil and should be wiped from the face of the earth (which is a retarded move for everybody, cultural and religious differences won't be solved for a VERY long time, and until then we need as many guns as possible to remind eachother that we're not afraid to fuck you the living hell up if you even think about attacking us).

I care that you very obviously only want this show gone because you hate guns so much. You've never seen the show in your life, but because of how you feel about guns, you want every last bit of "propaganda" for guns taken down so that your retarded liberal agenda can take over everyone's lives and decide what we'll do "for our own good"

We keep guns around to remind our government that we're in charge, not a bunch of guys in suits. These guys have so far banned gay marriage, banned weed (even though I dislike weed, I still think it should be legal), and one state even banned large sodas. The FDA has banned many foods purely due to unhealthy amounts of sugar, and other government agencies are constantly trying to do things the way they want, not the way the people want.

I don't think a lot of you guys from outside the US even know the whole 2nd amendment.

Ahem:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The US won it's freedom from the UK by help of the french, and due to the fact that every single citizen over the age of 14 had a gun, and some guys even had personal artillery. The founding fathers knew that the day would come when America would have to defend itself, and the national army wouldn't be enough.

Not to mention, that Tomas Jefferson (along with a few others) said that to ensure the people remain in charge of the US, the well regulated militia remain in constant effect to remind the government who's in charge. If you ban guns, you're getting rid of the last medium that keeps us free. You Europeans who are used to having a government jackboot up your rectum can keep doing what you're doing, but I'm not gonna live my life according to how a couple of guys in fancy suits say I should, and I am going to continue to practice my right to own a gun.

Eat shit and fuck off.

TAB

BBS Signature
JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:56:25 Reply

guns don't kill people, people kill people

guns happen to make this task a hell of a lot easier, but let's ignore that because they're inanimate objects

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:56:46 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote: The problem is, no one has a solution.

Banning assault weapons does nothing but create a black market (therefore endangering people), cause people to lose their jobs, and keep people form defending themselves.

Yeah but doing nothing isnt going to improve anything either. I wasnt on about banning anything anyway, making it harder to get weapons is hardly going to create a black market by itself as long as it isnt too harsh. Little by little would be a better course of action here.

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:58:22 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:41 PM, BumFodder wrote: Well first of all I think you should calm down a bit more about this because I know a lot of Americans are very responsible with their guns and its pretty much a hobby and interest and im not interested in stopping them getting guns, its just that there definitely needs to be some better way of measuring how resposible someone would be.

No, I will not calm down about this when my rights and my families capabilities of defending themselves are put on the line. I really doubt my frail grandmother would have any chance were she forced into a situation where she would need to fight for her life. And these situations do occur, quite frequently.

Im not just jumping on the bandwagon because of some isolated incident, its just that ive always agreed that guns do cause a lot of unnecessary deaths, and in a way that contributes to there being more deaths instead of just a replacement for another weapon such as a knife because its easier to kill people with a gun if you get what I mean. Im not going to propose anything because im not a sociologist, criminologist or politician but you have to agree its better to keep guns out of idiots hands and into peoples who know what they are doing.

This is the number one problem. We have a bunch of people who do not know a single thing about guns besides that some look kind of scary compared to others demanding that those that look scary be banned, and they spout off ridiculous things such as "Nobody needs an automatic military assault rifle" in response to that asshole using a semi-auto rifle. People are calling for a ban on all semi-automatic weapons after this incident. Some even want literally all guns gone. Erasing guns solve no problems except reducing gun violence, while causing bludgeoning and stabbing murders to go up. I don't get what makes getting stabbed a morally superior form of violence compared to getting shot. At least with guns most people would have a fighting chance if somebody decides to break in for a nefarious purpose. The elderly get properly fucked if they are not allowed firearms, same with most women. As I have went over before in another thread, I have been pepper sprayed, I have been tazed/stun gunned, all that shit does is hurt horribly but you can keep on going if you try. I have seen people get hit in the head with bats and be able to recover relatively quickly. I have seen people pull knives on others and that person is the one who ends up hospitalized. I do not feel comfortable putting those who are weak completely at the mercy of the bigger fish in this world, especially given police response times.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 22:58:53 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:53 PM, Xenomit wrote: Eat shit and fuck off.

Winner.

I <3 you.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 23:04:38 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:58 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 12/18/12 10:53 PM, Xenomit wrote: Eat shit and fuck off.
Winner.

I <3 you.

I got a little emotional there. I imagined America the beautiful playing as I read that over.

I haven't been this patriotic in a while.

TAB

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 23:09:26 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:58 PM, RacistBassist wrote: No, I will not calm down about this when my rights and my families capabilities of defending themselves are put on the line. I really doubt my frail grandmother would have any chance were she forced into a situation where she would need to fight for her life. And these situations do occur, quite frequently.

Thats a pretty sensationalist and interesting take on things. I know the USA has a higher crime rate but its hardly anything absurd. I know people take self-protection more seriously over there and thats fine, but I dont really like "what if x was under attack and needed a gun" kind of arguments because theyre completely hypothetical with lots of variables and you can keep asking different ones variants over and over and it doesnt get anyone anywhere.

This is the number one problem. We have a bunch of people who do not know a single thing about guns besides that some look kind of scary compared to others demanding that those that look scary be banned, and they spout off ridiculous things such as "Nobody needs an automatic military assault rifle" in response to that asshole using a semi-auto rifle.

I dont know why you are bringing those kind of people up because theyve got nothing to do with what I said. In fact using a semi-auto is more deadly because aimed shots would be more deadly than random spray. But still full auto is more likely to cause accidents but I dont know if there are any figures that compare those two anywhere anyway.

stuff

Im not going on about banning them why are you mentioning that constantly.

JaY11
JaY11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 23:13:15 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:58 PM, RacistBassist wrote:

Erasing guns solve no problems except reducing gun violence, while causing bludgeoning and stabbing murders to go up. I don't get what makes getting stabbed a morally superior form of violence compared to getting shot. At least with guns most people would have a fighting chance if somebody decides to break in for a nefarious purpose. The elderly get properly fucked if they are not allowed firearms, same with most women.

How do you think crimes actually happen in reality? Do you think someone who is planning on actually murdering or robbing someone loudly announces that they are approaching with a weapon, giving our heroic elderly person a chance to withdraw and aim his gun? And adding a second deadly weapon into the scenario makes the situation better?

and yeah crimes with weapons that aren't guns are totally on the same level

0 deaths
27 deaths

THANK YOU GUNS

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 23:14:53 Reply

At 12/18/12 11:10 PM, MuyBurrito wrote: Mental health is the most important factor. People like Xenomit should be tagged and registered as incompetent so they can't buy weapons.

I'm getting this for myself come christmas day

TAB

BBS Signature
Rational-Delirium
Rational-Delirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to American Guns - Cancelled 2012-12-18 23:17:17 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:36 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
A few people can fly airplanes? In what sense?

Compared to the population of America, it's a very small population. Guns on the other hand, can be owned by most.

Even IF that were true, they can be easily high jacked, or worse, a pilot could snap and just fly the damn thing into the ground.

Just as much, or possibly more danger/murder potential there.

There's a lot more danger with airplanes (on their own), but the control put on who can fly one makes it the safest forms of transportation. Guns are a lot less dangerous than airplanes, but result in over 100 time more american deaths than airplanes.

SOURCE
SOURCE