Gimbabwe
Gimbabwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 17:20:13 Reply

Greetings Newgrounds Musicians from Cool Comic Creations,

Cool Comic Creations is in need of a video game composer or two for an upcoming video game project. You will receive 2 installments of payments, one at the start of your composing and one at your finishing. We are willing to pay anywhere from 100$-$400 I will leave it up to you to decide. Note that whatever you choose, half will be paid up front and the other half paid at the end. Before consideration for the job however we'd like to hear a sample of your work (either in the audio portal or somewhere else) and have you compose a snippet from a level concept. If you wish to reach us for more information or to submit your portfolio and design you can contact us via e-mail (coolcomics@aol.com).

We Hope to Hear From You,
Cool Comic Creations

Looking For A Video Game Composer

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 17:22:41 Reply

At 12/17/12 05:20 PM, Gimbabwe wrote: Greetings Newgrounds Musicians from Cool Comic Creations,

Cool Comic Creations is in need of a video game composer or two for an upcoming video game project. You will receive 2 installments of payments, one at the start of your composing and one at your finishing. We are willing to pay anywhere from 100$-$400 I will leave it up to you to decide. Note that whatever you choose, half will be paid up front and the other half paid at the end. Before consideration for the job however we'd like to hear a sample of your work (either in the audio portal or somewhere else) and have you compose a snippet from a level concept. If you wish to reach us for more information or to submit your portfolio and design you can contact us via e-mail (coolcomics@aol.com).

Cool Comic Creations

Additional information regarding the style and genre you're looking for, as well as the amount of workload you'll be expecting would be very much appreciated, but the offer seems interesting!

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 18:06:32 Reply

Hello, you can browse through my audio profile and listen to some of my orchestral works.

Also, I can arrange for a live demo via Skype.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 18:09:54 Reply

Here's a few samples, you can find a lot more on my audio page. Let me know if you need anything!

• Undesirable Effect
    Undesirable Effect by bassfiddlejones

Born out of my gaming experiences.

Score
    4.83 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Bane of the Samurai
    Bane of the Samurai by bassfiddlejones

The final battle.

Score
    4.78 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
  • Forgotten Memories
    Forgotten Memories by bassfiddlejones

Hard to remember.

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

MyMiniGemini
MyMiniGemini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 18:32:13 Reply

At 12/17/12 05:20 PM, Gimbabwe wrote: Greetings Newgrounds Musicians from Cool Comic Creations,

Cool Comic Creations

Good day

Im currently studying music technology at the Coventry University in a UK and i my future perspective would be to work on sound design, soundtracks in gaming what i really would like to do. Im here just to offer myself as a volunteer soundtrack or sound design composer for the games you might have and you need somebody to fill it with deep sound atmosphere.
Some examples of my works you will find here:
https://soundcloud.com/mymini-gemini

Hope to hear from you soon

Sincerely yours

Mike

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 18:59:05 Reply

Is there a particular style you're looking for? And how many different tracks/pieces of music do you envision in the game?

Here's my 2011 Demo Track:
https://www.box.com/shared/h8lv5ohd0m

If you're interested in hearing my 2012 Demo Track Pack, let me know and I'll PM or e-mail the link to you.

JosePavli
JosePavli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 19:00:55 Reply

Cool Comic Creations

You can hear a little part of my work on my audio profile. If you like the style I have many others song I can send to you.

pavli.jose@live.fr

I hope I'll hear of you very soon,

Sincerely yours,

José.

BBS Signature
JosePavli
JosePavli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 19:16:22 Reply

You can hear a little part of my work on my audio profile. If you like the style I have many others song I can send to you.

pavli.jose@live.fr

I hope I'll hear of you very soon,

Sincerely yours,

José

Please Listen To L.I.FE. :)

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 19:48:46 Reply

At 12/17/12 06:32 PM, MyMiniGemini wrote: Good day

Im currently studying music technology at the Coventry University in a UK and i my future perspective would be to work on sound design, soundtracks in gaming what i really would like to do. Im here just to offer myself as a volunteer soundtrack or sound design composer for the games you might have and you need somebody to fill it with deep sound atmosphere.
Some examples of my works you will find here:
https://soundcloud.com/mymini-gemini

Hope to hear from you soon

Sincerely yours

Mike

What the hell... On the VERY rare occasion someone actually offers money, you could keep your mouth shut and not offer your work for free. There are TONS of opportunities for you to work for free, but don't be a douche and take away an honest man's work by whoring yourself out like that.

Damn it.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 19:58:04 Reply

At 12/17/12 07:48 PM, MetalRenard wrote: What the hell... On the VERY rare occasion someone actually offers money, you could keep your mouth shut and not offer your work for free. There are TONS of opportunities for you to work for free, but don't be a douche and take away an honest man's work by whoring yourself out like that.

I don't know if his post really directly states that he's willing to work for free, so I'm not sure if that's what he really means.

But yes, in case that he does, I think it's a very bad idea. The reason many people treat musicians as disposable on the internet is because there are so many of them that are willing to devalue their craft even when others are already offering them value.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 20:01:52 Reply

At 12/17/12 07:58 PM, NickPerrin wrote: I don't know if his post really directly states that he's willing to work for free, so I'm not sure if that's what he really means.

But yes, in case that he does, I think it's a very bad idea. The reason many people treat musicians as disposable on the internet is because there are so many of them that are willing to devalue their craft even when others are already offering them value.

I think he did, here: "offer myself as a volunteer soundtrack or sound design composer"
And that's exactly my point. Musicians need to recognise their own worth before others can see it.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 20:24:36 Reply

At 12/17/12 08:01 PM, MetalRenard wrote: I think he did, here: "offer myself as a volunteer soundtrack or sound design composer"
And that's exactly my point. Musicians need to recognise their own worth before others can see it.

In his defense, if you look at his other two posts, you'll see they are EXACTLY the same. He obviously has a template which he copy and pastes for every opportunity he sees. He could fix up some grammar lol

But yes, he should have read the first post thoroughly and acted accordingly. On the upside, the fact that OP is willing to pay money shows that he wants quality work for this project. He's not going to go with somebody for free when obviously a guy who charges money will have a better output.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 20:41:06 Reply

So...
Back on subject. OP: You're offering $400 but for how much work?
I charge at least $75 per minute of music, is your $400 enough to cover what you want?

I'm able to write in many genres including recording real guitars, bass and vocals in many styles.
Here's a track that shows diverse number of genres all in one: http://soundcloud.com/metalrenard/adventures-of-the-maniacal -lord

:)

BBS Signature
ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 21:02:00 Reply

At 12/17/12 07:58 PM, NickPerrin wrote:
At 12/17/12 07:48 PM, MetalRenard wrote: What the hell... On the VERY rare occasion someone actually offers money, you could keep your mouth shut and not offer your work for free. There are TONS of opportunities for you to work for free, but don't be a douche and take away an honest man's work by whoring yourself out like that.
I don't know if his post really directly states that he's willing to work for free, so I'm not sure if that's what he really means.

Indeed. Treat yourself with a little respect! If someone comes around saying they're offering money for a gig.. guess what? THEY are going to be making money off of the end product. Don't you think your work is worth something? If you don't, maybe you shouldn't be volunteering in the first place. When you cheat yourself, you cheat everyone else. Be kind to yourself and the other musicians around here.

With that in mind.. neverr share your rates with the class publicly. That leads to everyone trying to undercut everyone and by doing so.. ruining it for EVERYONE.

Some of you might just wanna work on something, and are so excited you don't care what it is or how little it pays, just so you can say "i did this". Which is awesome. If you don't love what you're doing, you're doing the wrong thing.. But some people here would like to get some monetary rewards as well as spiritual.. Keep them in mind too!

It's freaking awesome that people are coming to the audio portal offering to pay for services. Encourage the flow of paying gigs. Don't stifle the progress.

/rant.

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-17 22:37:52 Reply

Hello! I've sent you a PM regarding your request for a video game music composer.

I hope you take the time to look through my portfolio, and I look forward to working with you very soon.

I am a well seasoned game music composer with a lot of experience in the professional game and film industry.
I've sent you more detailed information in the PM.

Here is my professional music portfolio website if you just want to take a quick look:
http://www.matthewpablo.com

Thanks!

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-18 05:48:20 Reply

I just want to construct the snippet from the level design or wut.

I don't feel gud enuf to get paid, but I don't mind free practice material ;D

MyMiniGemini
MyMiniGemini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-18 09:55:49 Reply

Good day

Sorry everybody for missunderstanding, my answer would be i do not willing to work for free or not for free im willing to WORK with music, sound in a game industry, my kin to music and sound in gaming is on the first place, i love what i do and i'm not going to cut somebodies throat if he said something wrong and of course not going to fight between composers, CJ-s or anyone who willing to have this position. For me it is all about the music not about the money and as i already said, no i was not intending to show that i'm ready to work for free i just have a pretty high demands to myself so the firs step would be for game production company to listen to music that people offering, not read the words they write as not everybody can be literate in a language but can be really creative in a Music creation domain. So sorry one more time for unwanted provoke, i didn't meant to offend anybody.

Sincerely

Mike

At 12/17/12 08:01 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 12/17/12 07:58 PM, NickPerrin wrote: I don't know if his post really directly states that he's willing to work for free, so I'm not sure if that's what he really means.

I think he did, here: "offer myself as a volunteer soundtrack or sound design composer"
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Looking For A Video Game Composer 2012-12-18 12:16:11 Reply

Ah, I see, it's a language problem then. Fair enough. :)
Though...

At 12/18/12 09:55 AM, MyMiniGemini wrote: For me it is all about the music not about the money and as i already said, no i was not intending to show that i'm ready to work for free

This is also a provocative thing to say - working for money does not mean you do it for the sake of the money...
Anyway, enough off-topic. At least that's cleared up.

BBS Signature