New Topic Respond to this Topic
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Art Portal "crop Your Image!" Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 03:04 AM Reply

Forgive me if this isn't the place to post this but I didn't see anywhere better for it.

So, I've just made an account, I've validated and set up my profile, now I go to submit some of my drawings to the art portal, and I fill out all the fields it wants me to and check all the boxes I need to and click to submit, and it gives me a message saying "Crop Your Image!" I know for sure it's not over the 4 million square pixels limit you guys have, so I'm kinda confused. I wonder, am I supposed to be cropping it for a thumbnail like I had to with my profile picture? If that's the case, it doesn't even come up for me to do that.

Anyway thanks in advance for your help.

"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Portal "crop Your Image!" Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 03:25 AM Reply

At 12/17/12 03:04 AM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: I know for sure it's not over the 4 million square pixels limit you guys have, so I'm kinda confused.

If your pic is too large (> 4million pixels square) a little white warning will pop-up, saying "Images may no largerthan 4000000 pixels square."

I wonder, am I supposed to be cropping it for a thumbnail like I had to with my profile picture?

Yeah, each art portal submission has a preview thumbnail so people have an idea of the pics content. Like so.

If that's the case, it doesn't even come up for me to do that.

There should be a new window that opens that allows you to select a square in your pic to use a thumbnail, just like the screenshot I attached below. (... except with your pic!)

If that doesn't appear, I don't know for sure what the problem is, but it's usually problems with the browser, especially Internet Explorer. You could try using another one, such as Firefox or Google Chrome, or go on a friend's PC and see if they have the same problem with the site.

Art Portal "crop Your Image!"

BBS Signature
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Portal "crop Your Image!" Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 03:28 AM Reply

At 12/17/12 03:25 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/17/12 03:04 AM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote:

If that doesn't appear, I don't know for sure what the problem is, but it's usually problems with the browser, especially Internet Explorer. You could try using another one, such as Firefox or Google Chrome, or go on a friend's PC and see if they have the same problem with the site.

Hmmm. yeah I'm definitely NOT getting anything popping up. Maybe my browser is blocking it? I'm using crome so it should be fine right? hmmm....

"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Portal "crop Your Image!" Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 03:37 AM Reply

Okay so I changed to firefox, and it worked like a charm. Thank you my kind sir :D

it's kinda weird that it wasn't working for chrome though >.>

BBS Signature
nesca
nesca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Art Portal "crop Your Image!" Jun. 5th, 2013 @ 11:56 PM Reply

as a matter of fact, there is nothing pop when cropping images with firefox .I haven;t try chrome