New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Hi! ^-^ I'm getting a Vita for my birthday soon, and although I've not got it yet, I've been getting games for it so that I won't be bored when I do get it, unlike when I got my 3DS a day after launch with only Street Fighter, and trying to get my money's worth with just that one game and none of the features introduced in updates, which wasn't good for my mental health, to say the least. (^-^;)

I've already got:
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Gravity Rush
LittleBigPlanet Playstation Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
and I'm getting Mortal Kombat with it, which I'll probably trade in for something else.

I'm probably downloading Stranger's Wrath and Jet Set Radio too.

I think that I'll probably end up getting overwhelmed with things to do with just these, but what the hell, I want more! x3

I've been considering Persona 4, Wipeout and Disgaea 3, what do you recommend?

Thanks for any help! ^-^

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

Persona 4 Golden is a must buy.
Also check the PSN store. There might be some download-only gems.

BBS Signature
Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 12/15/12 07:52 PM, Chdonga wrote: Persona 4 Golden is a must buy.

Thanks for replying! ^-^
I have heard that that's the best game on the Vita, although it's not coming out until February for some reason in England... T-T

And I've looked through the PSN store on my computer, and except for some PSP games Stranger's Wrath and JSR are some of the only ones I want, but at least I won't fill up my memory card straight away.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 is a good one.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Make sure that you download Jet Set Radio because I used to love that game. Apparently Lumines is a good game, I never got to play it on my PSP but everyone that did fell in love with it. Assassins Creed: Liberation if that is your thing.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 06:19 AM Reply

At 12/16/12 05:07 PM, Rokishii-Chan wrote: I have heard that that's the best game on the Vita, although it's not coming out until February for some reason in England... T-T

Vita games are region free, and if you don't want to import for some bizarre reason, Grainger Games is already selling it, as are loads of marketplace stores on Amazon.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 12/16/12 10:59 PM, Cootie wrote: Make sure that you download Jet Set Radio because I used to love that game.

Yessir!

Apparently Lumines is a good game, I never got to play it on my PSP but everyone that did fell in love with it. Assassins Creed: Liberation if that is your thing.

Ah yes, Lumines! That's cheap too, so that's almost a definite. I recommend you get it if you still have your PSP, it is very addicting. Eh, I've tried Assassin's Creed before, I just couldn't get into it... (^-^;)

At 12/16/12 09:19 PM, sweet21 wrote: Ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 is a good one.

I have heard good things about it, but I don't really like fighters like that that much, especially since... The 3DS incident. x_x

At 12/17/12 06:19 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 12/16/12 05:07 PM, Rokishii-Chan wrote: I have heard that that's the best game on the Vita, although it's not coming out until February for some reason in England... T-T
Vita games are region free, and if you don't want to import for some bizarre reason, Grainger Games is already selling it, as are loads of marketplace stores on Amazon.

Meh, I don't like importing stuff, I don't really know why...(^-^;) Although now I see it's on Amazon, I am tempted...

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 09:34 PM Reply

Whatever you get buy it from amazon or similar, and don't spend twice as much for the stupidly priced downloaded versions with no material copy. It's funny because the new Nintendo one is doing exactly the same thing rather than using any intelligence and improving the prices.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 12/17/12 09:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Whatever you get buy it from amazon or similar, and don't spend twice as much for the stupidly priced downloaded versions with no material copy. It's funny because the new Nintendo one is doing exactly the same thing rather than using any intelligence and improving the prices.

I'm pretty sure the online pricing on consoles is to stop people selling physical copies pitching a fit. The big 3 may be able to sell you their games direct, but they still need someone to sell you the console itself, and stores could well refuse to stock them if they make it impossible for them to keep selling games at £40 a go.

There is precedent. Game refused to stock Space Marine on any platform if the PC version was sold on Steam.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 18th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 12/15/12 06:47 PM, Rokishii-Chan wrote: I've been considering Persona 4, Wipeout and Disgaea 3, what do you recommend?
Thanks for any help! ^-^

Katamari for the PS Vita. Nuff said.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

Sorry for taking so long to say anything, I've been kinda addicted to it... (^-^;)

At 12/17/12 09:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Whatever you get buy it from amazon or similar, and don't spend twice as much for the stupidly priced downloaded versions with no material copy. It's funny because the new Nintendo one is doing exactly the same thing rather than using any intelligence and improving the prices.

Nintendo's doing this, but PSN does it almost reasonably, more so in comparison with Nintendo. Though Amazon is always the place to go for good deals. :3

At 12/18/12 02:44 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 12/15/12 06:47 PM, Rokishii-Chan wrote: I've been considering Persona 4, Wipeout and Disgaea 3, what do you recommend?
Thanks for any help! ^-^
Katamari for the PS Vita. Nuff said.

Eh, maybe. It looks fun, quirky and all that, but looks more like something I'd buy for a fiver than around £20. Maybe when the price is down. ^-^

And so far I've spent way too much and bought:

Canabalt (Mini)
Karoshi (Mini)
Medievil Resurrection (An old favourite of mine from the PSP :3)
CRUSH (Ditto ^ Though quite a lot, more expensive than EVERY other PSP game... -_- )
Dead Head Fred (Cheap, and quite fun)
Locoroco 2 (An old favourite, that's also cheap! Woo! \(^-^)/ )

Stranger's Wrath and Jet Set Radio too. And they're both awesome as well. ^-^

BBS Signature
DELUCA2400
DELUCA2400
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

I also suggest getting Playstation Plus. For 60 dollars you get 8 games as of right now and usually a different one each month. However, you would need to invest in a 32 GB card which is another 60 bucks, but it's worth it in the long run.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

I don't actually have a PS Vita, but a friend of mine does and I saw how it is. The only 2 games he has for it now are "Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified" and "FIFA 13". Both games look awesome, and if you like soccer or sports games, I'd recommend getting FIFA 13, because it looks a lot like it's console versions, and Black Ops Declassified isn't as bad as you think. It's pretty good for a game on the PS Vita, although it's campaign is more like the Special Ops in MW2 and MW3, and has no zombies, but includes a survival mode similar to the one in MW3, and multiplayer. Not bad for something on the go with such good graphics.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
BleachFanatic12
BleachFanatic12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 12/16/12 05:07 PM, Rokishii-Chan wrote:
At 12/15/12 07:52 PM, Chdonga wrote: Persona 4 Golden is a must buy.
Thanks for replying! ^-^
I have heard that that's the best game on the Vita, although it's not coming out until February for some reason in England... T-T

If you can't wait for Persona 4 Golden dust off that ol' PS2 and just buy the regular Persona 4!

The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning

Xbox Gamertag: AnyColorYouLike__Wii: 2865 2343 3618 8142_Steam: AnyColorYouLike_3DS Friend code: 0001 - 4379 - 0602

BBS Signature
eterac
eterac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 01:04 AM Reply

FIFA '13 bro. cant go wrong

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM Reply

I too vote for P4

Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 06:34 AM Reply

At 12/23/12 11:10 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: I also suggest getting Playstation Plus. For 60 dollars you get 8 games as of right now and usually a different one each month. However, you would need to invest in a 32 GB card which is another 60 bucks, but it's worth it in the long run.

Eh, most of the games free on that at the moment are ones I'm not interested in or already have, and spending around 100 pounds just for free stuff... Nah, not worth it. Though I have almost filled my current card... (^-^;)

At 12/24/12 05:03 PM, BleachFanatic12 wrote: If you can't wait for Persona 4 Golden dust off that ol' PS2 and just buy the regular Persona 4!

I'll probably get P4G with my Christmas money, but if I see Persona 4 in the meantime, I'll probably get it. ^-^

At 12/26/12 01:04 AM, eterac wrote: FIFA '13 bro. cant go wrong

But I'm not a 'bro' and I don't like football... T-T

At 12/26/12 02:56 AM, Ceratisa wrote: I too vote for P4

Definitely seems like the thing to get then! ^-^

At 12/24/12 10:27 AM, scoutthesoldier wrote: I don't actually have a PS Vita, but a friend of mine does and I saw how it is. The only 2 games he has for it now are "Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified" and "FIFA 13". Both games look awesome, and if you like soccer or sports games, I'd recommend getting FIFA 13, because it looks a lot like it's console versions, and Black Ops Declassified isn't as bad as you think. It's pretty good for a game on the PS Vita, although it's campaign is more like the Special Ops in MW2 and MW3, and has no zombies, but includes a survival mode similar to the one in MW3, and multiplayer. Not bad for something on the go with such good graphics.

You already know the reason for FIFA, but I'll wait for the proper yearly release of Call of Duty, that'll hopefully be on Vita. I want Zombies and a proper story. I'm probably the only person that buys it for good single player... :P

Thanks for all the replies and stuff! ^-^

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 06:36 AM Reply

little busters

Rokishii-Chan
Rokishii-Chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What PS Vita games to get? Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 11:50 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 06:36 AM, BumFodder wrote: little busters

What's that? Haven't heard of it. (^-^;)

And I've recently bought:

Super Stardust Delta

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!!

Fuel Tiracas

...And just bought Persona 4 on Amazon! :3

And with that, I am well and truly skint. :S

BBS Signature